• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Haslam stand on 2A in TN

switchfoot

As of 0812 hrs this morning Haslam says the following about 2A rights in TN:

Strongly believes in 2A rights for Tennesseans.
Is in favor of leaving TN law concerning HCP as it stands.
Would recommend to the legislature that it stays as stands, if it was considered.
Would sign a bill into law if the legislature passed permitless carry.
Would recommend to the legislature that we have bigger issues in the state to be working on, and that they "should not go there" anyway.

Heard on FM 98.7 interviewed by Hallerin Hilton Hill.

suntzu

Haslam is politician.

he is back stepping now because he has been called to stand for what he said--and is afraid of offending the anti-gun climate in this state. What Haslam has told me in his back-stepping is this--he refuses to take a stand for anything and is therefore untrustworthy--purely my own personal opinion.

If I vote at all I will use a write in option if it is available.

Last edited:

utbob2004

I wrote in a candidate myself. I don't like either one of the men running for Governor. Its the millionaire beer man or the billionaire oil man. Neither one of them represents us "normal folks" of TN!

suntzu

I wrote in a candidate myself. I don't like either one of the men running for Governor. Its the millionaire beer man or the billionaire oil man. Neither one of them represents us "normal folks" of TN!

I personally would love to see everyone in the state who is eligible to vote use a write in option--a protest vote if you will--that way no one would win, and they would see that the people really ARE unhappy with their government.

suntzu

I wrote one of the candidates in my district who is running for state representative and questioned their position on Constitutional carry and whether or not they would be prepared to introduce Constitutional carry legislation into this and every subsequent legislative session until either they were voted out of office or until the legislation passed. I have yet to receive a response, and seriously doubt that I will.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
I wrote one of the candidates in my district who is running for state representative and questioned their position on Constitutional carry and whether or not they would be prepared to introduce Constitutional carry legislation into this and every subsequent legislative session until either they were voted out of office or until the legislation passed. I have yet to receive a response, and seriously doubt that I will.

I wrote both of my county commisioners last year when the commission banned carry in williamson county parks. They said they did it because of legal concerns, but that it would be overturned this year. Well, they voted this year for the ban again! I emailed again and asked why, they said it was because people don't need guns in parks. WTH?