Thread: First 'green' president's 40 A/C, 6 armored cars on Taj trip. IndiaToday.INToday.in

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

First 'green' president's 40 A/C, 6 armored cars on Taj trip. IndiaToday.INToday.in

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/St...itinerary.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurabh Shukla
    The US president will make a historic trip to the Taj Mahal along with his family. His visit is historic in terms of logistics which is the largest ever for a visiting US president.

Elaborate security arrangements
    The presidential entourage will have 40 aircraft, including the Air Force One that will ferry the president. There will be six armoured cars, including four Barack Mobiles and a Cadillac.
    "Barack Mobiles", stretch Hummers for BJClinton-hummers?
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-29-2010 at 09:04 AM.

40 aircraft? Seems like overkill.

Typo maybe? It only says 3 helicopters and air force one..
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Typo maybe? It only says 3 helicopters and air force one..
    *in his best Maxwell Smart voice*

Would you believe a tricycle and two skateboards?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    *in his best Maxwell Smart voice*

Would you believe a tricycle and two skateboards?
    Never said I believed anything one way or the other.. They specified a lot of things, why not the some of the other aircraft? I wouldn't be surprised if it true however..
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Banned
    Wow. It is amazing how much meaning can be attached to my most meaningless of posts.

How do you spell ass-u-me?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    I'd hate to think that the Obamanation's control of the lamestream media includes India Today. That's getting real close to tinfoil Kevlar.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/St...itinerary.html"Barack Mobiles", stretch Hummers for BJClinton-hummers?
    No, as in the one-and-previously presumed to be Obama-mobile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preside...ited_States%29
    http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/01/obama-rolls-a-s/

That isn't a car. It's a custom-made truck to look like a car. There is nothing green about it, unless it's fueled with biodiesel, which the (US)SS won't allow due to possible gelling issues while getting the President out of harms way.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not anti-administration. But our form of government built-in the Vice President for a reason. The Pope doesn't travel with armor that thick, nor does he have a "second in command" waiting for the moment to take command.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    ...But our form of government built-in the Vice President for a reason...
    Actually, the State Department was built into the Constitution to handle all diplomatic actions and relations on behalf of the United States. The President was to remain in the US while in office and that stood true until Roosevelt was the first to travel abroad while President.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Actually, the State Department was built into the Constitution to handle all diplomatic actions and relations on behalf of the United States. The President was to remain in the US while in office and that stood true until Roosevelt was the first to travel abroad while President.
    That is likely more a function of technology making travel by a president feasible than a change in attitudes toward the president traveling.

I'm less worried about how environmentally friendly all of this is and more worried about who ends up footing the bill for his luxurious, yet pointless travels.

pro-tip: It's not coming out of his paycheck!

http://news.rediff.com/slide-show/20...h-per-hour.htm
    Tiocfaidh Ar La