• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops give lightless night bikers lights instead of tickets

anmut

The world will be a better place when scofflaw bikers with noisy exhaust get tickets.

A bicyclist is a "bicyclist" or a "cyclist". Bikers are hog-ridden.

I like a noisy motorcycle - as long as it eventually passes my house and moves on. I suppose if someone lived on a main drag and had to listen to it all the time that would be different.

amlevin

Wouldn't it be nice for them to start a program for people that don't have holsters. If you are stopped while carrying a firearm in your waistband they give you a holster? After isn't safe carry just as important as safe bicycling?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I like a noisy motorcycle - as long as it eventually passes my house and moves on. I suppose if someone lived on a main drag and had to listen to it all the time that would be different.

Try working downtown Milwaukee (trying) to conduct business on the phone with clients while a straight pipe harley sits at the stop light goosing their engine for 30 seconds waiting for the light to change and then blasting through the intersection at full throttle (which for a Harley still means it takes them 20 seconds to clear the intersection) and have the potato cannon reverberate up between the high-rises so loud you literally can't hear a thing and your clients say "what the hell is that".

Then have that repeat once every 3 or 4 minutes for the ENTIRE day.

Yeah. welcome to Milwaukee. Where a badge or a harley means you think you own the planet.

The Don

Try working downtown Milwaukee (trying) to conduct business on the phone with clients while a straight pipe harley sits at the stop light goosing their engine for 30 seconds waiting for the light to change and then blasting through the intersection at full throttle (which for a Harley still means it takes them 20 seconds to clear the intersection) and have the potato cannon reverberate up between the high-rises so loud you literally can't hear a thing and your clients say "what the hell is that".

Yeah. welcome to Milwaukee. Where a badge or a harley means you think you own the planet.

yeah, no thanks. that's why i loved the Honda VTX 1800 I used to have. powerful, fast, and QUIET. plus, you know, it didn't vibrate me off the seat while I was idling, ran well, etc. little things like that.

anmut

See your problem is that you're in Milwaukee. Like Madison it's just Northern IL if you ask me. Once I become supreme ruler of the planet my first order of business will be to anex the UP into WI and move our southern board north to about Portage. :)

Oh and I will also make Brett Favre play in a princess costume.

M

McX

someone let me know when they start giving out free guns. i'll get in line for that.

J.Gleason

Banned
Un-American? Hell, I can do better than that. When HD moves off shore and the UAW is broken with SIEU/AFL-CIO ad nauseam - and their clients are in bread lines then we'll find out what Character this Nation, their Obamanation has!

Got that right. Harley is one of the only American symbols left. Until Doyle and Obama get done with it.

anmut

I'm going to disagree and say that Harley's aren't that American anymore. What's so great about a really really overpriced motorcycle that only the old people can ride? Ever seen a group of these bozos on the highway going to some "rally?" Wannabe bad bikers all above the age of 50. LAME.

The post WWII era and Vietnam where guys came home from the war and just rode to be free is over. And with it goes the icon of Harley Davidson-Americana.

I wouldn't be surprised in the near future that we see Harley Davidson Scooter Stores as the baby-boomers get older and older.

Krusty

Wouldn't it be nice for them to start a program for people that don't have holsters. If you are stopped while carrying a firearm in your waistband they give you a holster? After isn't safe carry just as important as safe bicycling?

And I choose to do both, at the same time. I had to buy a bike (bicycle) and a holster.

anmut

A large fraction of the sounders passing are three-wheeled. I hear that Dove is bringing out a HD model complete with plastic playing cards for the spokes.

True - what kills me now is not that people actually have the three-wheel bike, but they have two wheel bikes and put F*CKING TRAINING WHEELS ON IT! Have you seen these yet? I want to run these people off the road I swear.

MKEgal

IMHO, the only 3-wheeler that should be on the road is a sidecar.

Trikes look stupid, hit every pothole in the road, and tip over easily both directions. They are, however, easy to drive (a 2yo can do it).

With a sidecar, you're pretty much tip-proof one direction & can miss bumps in the road at least as easily as a car. If you're a good driver, you can miss bumps as easily as a 2-wheel motorcycle (see picture). I'm not that good.

It's unlike any other beast you've ever driven. Its physics is entirely different from anything except another sidecar.

bluehighways

Well, since we're off topic anyway, here's one you don't see too often. That's a nearly 900 pound Gold Wing with the front end pointed skyward. Scary!

Attachments

• Goldwing-wheelie.jpeg
    Goldwing-wheelie.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 65

elvenhome21

Well, since we're off topic anyway, here's one you don't see too often. That's a nearly 900 pound Gold Wing with the front end pointed skyward. Scary!

i didnt even think that was possible. the highest ive even seen one of those tanks was at most 4-5 inchs off the ground