• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weekly San Diego OC Meet 3

elsensei

Location is set for the third weekly Responsible Citizens of California San Diego open carry meet...We will be at Clairemont Square shopping center. 4821 Clairemont Dr San Diego, CA 92117. Corner of Clairemont Drive and Clairemont Mesa Blvd, southwest corner of the property, adjacent to the movie theater.

There is a Starbucks, a great barbecue place (Lightning Jack's, get the rib tips), Mexican, sushi, Greek, Italian, and pizza, all next to each other, with plenty of outdoor seating. I have carried there on several occasions and it's just a nice atmosphere to hang out.

To build on last week, you should really have a voice recorder of some kind- with plenty of capacity and fresh battery- running and locked on, on your person BEFORE you strap on your weapon.

Try to bring someone new, even if they don't carry. Females are especially welcome.

7 PM.

See you then!

Sam

Firemark

Once again I have to work that monday but will have the next 3 mondays off, so I will be rejoining you all the next week.

Neo Sharkey

Campaign Veteran
I'm working on bringing my wife and son along to an open carry, can you guys give me some info about the itinerary?

Is it usually just walking about the mall and geting food, etc?

chewy352

I'm working on bringing my wife and son along to an open carry, can you guys give me some info about the itinerary?

Is it usually just walking about the mall and geting food, etc?

There is no itinerary. We usually just get together and discuss guns, UOC, battle stories, etc.

How old is your son? We have a three year old and may bring him if he has someone to play with.

Gundude

If some Ladies are showing, maybe I can talk my wife into coming.

Edit: cancel the Starbucks. I just saw the "movie theater" in the OP.

Last edited:

chewy352

I invited a lady from CGN as well.

It is highly recommended that everyone look at the school zones for themselves. I know I wont be going by the McDonalds. But the area specified is clear as far as I can tell.

chewy352

i plan on going! im now outta ammo tho :( if i have time after work to go buy some ill carry! if not then ill go unarmed.

LOL You shot your carry ammo?? I carry Hornady Critical Defense JHP. At $1.30/round I'm not shooting them unless I'm in fear for my life or I need to rotate ammo.

1245A Defender

ahaaa

see, i didnt need to say it!
NEVER!!! shoot all your ammo,,,, what about the bears??
always keep a mag full of something!!
i know calif.is UOC, but dont take it too far....

i love you guys, but never practice all your bullets!!

chewy352

see, i didnt need to say it!
NEVER!!! shoot all your ammo,,,, what about the bears??
always keep a mag full of something!!
i know calif.is UOC, but dont take it too far....

i love you guys, but never practice all your bullets!!

:rolleyes: UMMM what bears? We're in San Diego. CA F&G lists no bears taken in San Diego county last year. The only bears we have are at the zoo. :lol:

I of course may be wrong as I often am but on a funny side note I saw this statement of facebook. "I wonder what Seaworld would say if I brought a fishing pole."

RockerFor2A

I'd like to go again but don't really have a suitable voice recording situation happening yet. I could put my iPhone in my pocket (it worked for those reporters at KTVA) but it's not that great.

Believe it or not I have a previous generation iPod nano and I just learned that it WILL voice record if you plug a mic into it. There's a company that makes a little stubby pill microphone that plugs into the headphone jack. I can get a lanyard for it and wear it around my neck under my shirt. I've ordered the stuff. Hopefully it'll come today. :)

elsensei

exactly. show up anyway. i just want people to get used to the idea of having a recorder. an iphone or nano is good enough to get your feet wetter. And I have all kinds of common-caliber ammo. Who needs what to load their mags? I can bring 10 or 15 rounds.

RockerFor2A

Hey guys... no... I wouldn't have let that stop me. As it turned out, I couldn't make it tonight for other reasons.

Oh... everybody be sure to VOTE tomorrow!