• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St Johns Hospitals-Private-Not for profit.

Haman J.T.

According to the St Johns Providence Health System Media Person, Daniela Scholl,St Johns is a Private not for profit entity.At the 12mile Hoover location there are no signs on the ER doors and the security believes all hospitals are PFZ's,that unless the box on your CPL is marked for a PFZ exemption,as a CPL holder you can't go into any hospital,even after I showed one of them the MCL750.237a,out of the book.You can read about it in the "OC experience"above! CARRY ON!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
According to the St Johns Providence Health System Media Person, Daniela Scholl,St Johns is a Private not for profit entity.At the 12mile Hoover location there are no signs on the ER doors and the security believes all hospitals are PFZ's,that unless the box on your CPL is marked for a PFZ exemption,as a CPL holder you can't go into any hospital,even after I showed one of them the MCL750.237a,out of the book.You can read about it in the "OC experience"above! CARRY ON!

Non-profits can be privately owned.

Bailenforcer

Kinda related to a post I made here on Hospitals.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?82525-I-d-like-to-hear-the-thoughts-from-all-of-you

maustin195

St Johns Health is a part of Ascension Health. They are owned and run by the Catholic Church as far as I can tell.

malignity

Show them the MSP Legal Update #86. That might change their minds.

StingMP9

Madison Hts-Carry M&P9mm CPL/NRA mem, Michigan, US
Reminds me of heading to the ER of Harper Hospital in May and being forced to return my SOG Flash II to the car because of the metal detectors and armed security force. They actually "Offered" to throw my knife away and I said not for $50 tool knife I'll hoof my ass back to the structure and drive back over here first with my knife left behind.... I really wanted my own protection in that Triage unit when a pissed off patient couldn't be seen after 3 hours and security wasn't called for 30 minutes or so until he was completely aggitated.