Thread: Holster question

Holster question

Just picked up a brand new beretta 96A1 with the rail and I am havin an impossible time finding a Blackhawk serpa for it. The standard serpa for the 96fs won't accept the rail.
    Anyone carrying this gun and if so what holsters have you found that work best for it?

So I spent the better half of yesterday trying out holsters for my 96A1 and low and behold a SERPA
    Holster for a glock 21 fits like a glove. Wanted to post that in case anyone was having the same difficulty as I

Glad to hear you found something that works.

Now... wanna buy my G21SF to go with it???
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Before you buy that gun.....

Check into how easy or hard it is to get a holster for it.
    Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

Lover of Freedom

No matter

How awesome a gun looks, feels, shoots or how great reviews are. It's a good point to try and locate your accessories first. Especially when it's a fairly new gun to come to market. I was just going to buy the 96FS and when i saw the new model with the rail it was a must have. Duh! Learned a good lesson. On a side note, it's a fantastic product from beretta. Having owned a 92FS, I can say the new, although slight improvements are certainly great.
    Just remember to do some research on more than just the gun you're about to buy.
    On a side note however... I would think blakhawk would have assumed this was coming. Seems they cater more to the glock and s&w folks a little more... Wish they understood that not EVERYONE is a glock owner.

Hey Sig, you mentioned that the Sherpa Holster for the Glock 21 fits the Beretta 96A1 like a glove. Did you have to do any small filing or modding to it? I've read on other forums that light filing is need to make it fit. I too have a 96A1 and would love to find a Sherpa holster for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot_Gunner View Post
    Hey Sig, you mentioned that the Sherpa Holster for the Glock 21 fits the Beretta 96A1 like a glove. Did you have to do any small filing or modding to it? I've read on other forums that light filing is need to make it fit. I too have a 96A1 and would love to find a Sherpa holster for it.
    Sherpas can carry a lot more than your gun.

Attachment 6473

I think you meant Serpa...lol
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Sherpas can carry a lot more than your gun.

Attachment 6473

I think you meant Serpa...lol
    Yeah...LOL...thats what I get for typing when I'm tired.

On a side note, I did get the holster today and it does fit nice and secure, there's no play at all. It's a little tight on a couple very small spots, but nothing a little sandpaper wont fix. (on the holster not the gun :P)
    Last edited by Foxtrot_Gunner; 07-28-2011 at 01:24 AM.

@ sigrscu was that the glock 21 holster with the 1913 rail? I am having the same problem finding a holster for my blackhawk drop leg. Thanx

Always custom stuff available

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete Utah View Post
    I know he was looking specifically for a Serpa, but I've come to love my leather from HBE. The guy is local, can mold to any gun, and does some awesome work. He gives discounts to local folks. Check his gallery for lots of pretty pictures:

http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/

Holster for Beretta 96A1

Quote Originally Posted by sigrscu View Post
    Just picked up a brand new beretta 96A1 with the rail and I am havin an impossible time finding a Blackhawk serpa for it. The standard serpa for the 96fs won't accept the rail.
    Anyone carrying this gun and if so what holsters have you found that work best for it?
    I feel your pain brother, I spent the last week and a half looking for a Serpa Blackhawkl! holster to fit my brand new Beretta 96A1. Originally, I ordered the Serpa holster for a Beretta 92 and 96, however ALWAYS READ THE DESCRIPTIONS before you purchase a product bc at the very bottom it said "will not fit Berettas with rails i.e 96A1. I then did some research and read that the Serpa Glock 21 holster would fit perfectly- WRONG!! It wasn't even close, the button on the holster wouldn't even click. Don't waste your time trying to file down a Serpa Glock 21 holster to fit your Beretta 96A1. I took matters into my own hands and visited a nearby gun shop and tried every single Serpa Blackhawk! holster until I found something to fit- So here is your answer: If you are looking for a Serpa Blackhawk! holster to fit your Beretta 96A1 (with rail) DO NOT buy the Serpa holster for the Beretta 92 and 96 or the holster for the Glock 21.
    *****BUY THE SERPA HOLSTER FOR THE TAURUS 24/7**** It fits perfectly- like a glove. Nice and tight and no modifications required. As always make sure to see if you are buying the right or left handed holster (not only did the glock 21 holster not fit, but I accidentally bought the left handed holster). I'm telling you guys- IF YOU NEED A SERPA BLACKHAWK! HOLSTER FOR A 96A1 (WITH RAILS) BUY THE TAURUS 24/7 HOLSTER!!! You won't be disappointed. I hope this helps!!!

Stay Strapped,

Ned Stanley
    Charlotte, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete Utah View Post
    That's a fact! My best friend is going through that with a new Beretta PX-4Sc that he just bought about 2 months ago. He wants a shoulder rig, that doesn't cost him about half what the PX-4 did! So far no luck. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Beretta Holster

Quote Originally Posted by feelthesteel View Post
    I feel your pain brother, I spent the last week and a half looking for a Serpa Blackhawkl! holster to fit my brand new Beretta 96A1. Originally, I ordered the Serpa holster for a Beretta 92 and 96, however ALWAYS READ THE DESCRIPTIONS before you purchase a product bc at the very bottom it said "will not fit Berettas with rails i.e 96A1. I then did some research and read that the Serpa Glock 21 holster would fit perfectly- WRONG!! It wasn't even close, the button on the holster wouldn't even click. Don't waste your time trying to file down a Serpa Glock 21 holster to fit your Beretta 96A1. I took matters into my own hands and visited a nearby gun shop and tried every single Serpa Blackhawk! holster until I found something to fit- So here is your answer: If you are looking for a Serpa Blackhawk! holster to fit your Beretta 96A1 (with rail) DO NOT buy the Serpa holster for the Beretta 92 and 96 or the holster for the Glock 21.
    *****BUY THE SERPA HOLSTER FOR THE TAURUS 24/7**** It fits perfectly- like a glove. Nice and tight and no modifications required. As always make sure to see if you are buying the right or left handed holster (not only did the glock 21 holster not fit, but I accidentally bought the left handed holster). I'm telling you guys- IF YOU NEED A SERPA BLACKHAWK! HOLSTER FOR A 96A1 (WITH RAILS) BUY THE TAURUS 24/7 HOLSTER!!! You won't be disappointed. I hope this helps!!!

Stay Strapped,

Ned Stanley
    Charlotte, NC

Ned, the Taurus 24/7 Serpa; is it a Level 2 or 3 Blackhawk Duty Holster? Additionally, I am in the Charlotte area. What local supplier did you go see to try these holsters? I would like to stop there myself if they carry the blackhawk duty holsters.

Thanks