• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 wounded in shooting at Wal-Mart on Kietzkie

Coded-Dude

3 people shot, all with non-life threatening wounds..... Whoever did this has no idea how to handle a firearm and should have no right to have one. People like this give gun owners a bad reputation.

Last edited:

COMMANDER1911

3 people shot, all with non-life threatening wounds..... Whoever did this has no idea how to handle a firearm and should have no right to have one. People like this give gun owners a bad reputation.

So soley based on the fact that he can't shoot straight means he has no RIGHT to own a firearm? I thought everyone should have the right to own a firearm? I mean, I thought that was the purpose of our movement.

Coded-Dude

yes the purpose of our movement is to allow any and all competent, law-abiding citizen the "right" to keep and bear arms(for self defense, among other things). this person obviously fails to meet both categories, and only causes further derailment of said cause. What would have happened if wal-mart employees were allowed to protect themselves by carrying firearms? Technically this person helps the cause(by being the idiot we need to protect ourselves from), but we all know that's not how the media or anti-gun nuts will spin this.

Last edited:

COMMANDER1911

yes the purpose of our movement is to allow any and all competent, law-abiding citizen the "right" to keep and bear arms(for self defense, among other things). this person obviously fails to meet both categories, and only causes further derailment of said cause. What would have happened if wal-mart employees were allowed to protect themselves by carrying firearms? Technically this person helps the cause(by being the idiot we need to protect ourselves from), but we all know that's not how the media or anti-gun nuts will spin this.

Yes he has definatley "acted a fool" and probably should get his right taken away, but my point is that is should be taken away because he broke the law. Not because he can't shoot. I know a lot of good people who can't hit the broad side of a barn, but that doesnt mean they don't have the right to own a firearm.

Coded-Dude

updates on the story:

Update at 12:40 p.m.

An RGJ Reporter on scene reports there were three marshals outside with guns drawn and two SWAT team members with guns drawn just approached the "home and living" entrance of the Wal-Mart and entered the store. Another seven police officers just went into the "garden shop" entrance with guns drawn. A few minutes later eight SWAT Team members also lined up at the home and living entrance and went inside.

Update at 1:05 p.m.

The following statement is posted on Wal-Mart's corporate website:

"At approximately 8:30 a.m. Pacific Time this morning an associate came into one of our Reno, Nevada stores and shot three other associates, one critically.

"The three injured associates have been taken to the hospital and the prognosis is good for all of them.

"The store has been evacuated and we are working closely with law enforcement to resolve the situation.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with our store associates, customers and others in the community there during such a traumatic time."

Update at 1:10 p.m.

An RGJ reporter on the scene said a gurney was just taken in through the "home and living" entrance.

jfrey123

Guy's in custody now, without further incident. Apparently he was an employee coming in to meet with management today and decided to take some with him.

Nevada carrier

I smell a law suit brewing for unsafe working environment and bazillions in punitive damages against wally world. I wonder how many employees had their firearms locked in their car be cause there were not permitted by wall-mart to be armed on the job for their own personal protection.

I'm curious also, how could any of this happen? There had to be something in the employees handbook that directed employees not to bring firearms to work. If this was the case, his copy must have been missing that page or would have never risked breaking policy to commit this crime.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I guess what isn't acknowledged by the moobat media and other hoplophobes, but hopefully understood bt WalMart, is that any sociopath can walk into their sporting goods department and find a variety of "weapons" and do as much damage as they want. This incident probably ended without serious casualties simply because the assailant knew his mission could have been thwarted by anyone lawfully carrying in the store. We won't ever know for sure unless he was interviewed by someone without a (leftist) agenda.

HankT

State Researcher
So soley based on the fact that he can't shoot straight means he has no RIGHT to own a firearm? I thought everyone should have the right to own a firearm? I mean, I thought that was the purpose of our movement.

What do you mean by "solely based on the fact that he can't shoot straight," C1911?

Accuracy is not what C-D was referring to when he said "Whoever did this has no idea how to handle a firearm and should have no right to have one."

Dreamer

So let me get this straight...

A guy shopping in a Costco in Las Vegas--who is CCing and just minding his own business gets shot in the back and killed by LEOs, and that's OK?

But a guy carries--AGAINST company policy--in Reno, and shoots THREE people, and he gets taken into custody?

Sounds like LVPD needs to spend some time training in Reno, when it comes to handling MWAG situations...

Jack House

Sounds like LVPD needs to spend some time training in Reno, when it comes to handling MWAG situations...
Burn. :lol:

I'm curious also, how could any of this happen? There had to be something in the employees handbook that directed employees not to bring firearms to work. If this was the case, his copy must have been missing that page or would have never risked breaking policy to commit this crime.
Anti-gun policies implemented by employers against employees are not there to protect lives, but to protect the bank accounts of the company. They could honestly careless if there's a mass shooting in their stores so long as business doesn't slow down and they don't get sued. ;)

Honestly, that should probably be one of the gun lobby's next big push, securing some immunity from lawsuits for employers with regards to employees lawfully carrying guns to work for self defense.
eusa_think.gif

COMMANDER1911

What do you mean by "solely based on the fact that he can't shoot straight," C1911?

Accuracy is not what C-D was referring to when he said "Whoever did this has no idea how to handle a firearm and should have no right to have one."

Very well. I misunderstood the post.

HankT

State Researcher
Anti-gun policies implemented by employers against employees are not there to protect lives, but to protect the bank accounts of the company. They could honestly careless if there's a mass shooting in their stores so long as business doesn't slow down and they don't get sued. ;)

LOL. But you'd be surprised how many pro-gunners actually do believe this.
That's why it's funny . . .

Honestly, that should probably be one of the gun lobby's next big push, securing some immunity from lawsuits for employers with regards to employees lawfully carrying guns to work for self defense.
eusa_think.gif

This is correct. Without amelioration of the liabilities, no one can expect business entitites to assume more risk if it can be avoided.

The only problem: where does the liability go? It just gets . . .eliminated? It just . . . vanishes?

That doesn't sound like a very good deal for American citizens . . .

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
The only problem: where does the liability go? It just gets . . .eliminated? It just . . . vanishes?

There is no liability vanishing, because the company is in no way at fault except in the eyes of the absurd prosecutors.

Last edited:

suntzu

What would have happened if wal-mart employees were allowed to protect themselves by carrying firearms? Technically this person helps the cause(by being the idiot we need to protect ourselves from), but we all know that's not how the media or anti-gun nuts will spin this.

Said employees would at least have had a fighting chance--as it stands most employers choose to totally disarm their employees while pretending to rely upon law enforcement for protection.

This is exactly why employees--and not just walmart employees, should be allowed to carry firearms. As it stands when on the job most employers make their employees helpless victims--just like Virginia Tech turned its students into helpless victims.

HankT

State Researcher
HankT said:

There is no liability vanishing, because the company is in no way at fault except in the eyes of the absurd prosecutors.

Is that your citation/interpretation of present law . . . or is it how you want things to be?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I believe companies should not be held liable, because it is senseless for them to be held liable.

I don't know whether the average court would rule that a company is responsible for a shooting for failing to create a policy, (which would be ignored by anyone willing to commit murder,) against possession of a firearm. But the fear that a court might rule in such a way, or that they are likely to be sued even if they think they could win, undoubtedly and unfortunately sways some companies to create stupid policies.

Last edited:

suntzu

I believe companies should not be held liable, because it is senseless for them to be held liable.

I take exactly the opposite view on this--I think a company that disarms its' employees or patrons should be held financially liable in the event a crime is committed on that property and someone is harmed as a result of being disarmed.

Gun free zones should be held completely liable. If they choose to disarm their employees or customers then they should have to take responsibility for the safety of their employees and customers/patrons and should be liable for failure to do so.

Last edited: