Thread: Scofflaws as Open Carry advocates, for fear of denial of state privilege to CCW?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Scofflaws as Open Carry advocates, for fear of denial of state privilege to CCW?

Of what other laws might our concealed carry scofflaws expect and demand immunity?

Is there a code of honor, "...not cheat or tolerate those that do." amongst law abiding citizens? Codified honor is often seen as essential to the development of public trust.

The law abides only the law abiding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Col...y#Honor_System
    William & Mary's Honor System was first established by alumnus Thomas Jefferson in 1779 and is widely believed to be the nation's first. During the orientation week, nearly every entering student recites the Honor Pledge in the Great Hall of the Wren Building pledging:

As a Member of the William & Mary community I pledge, on my Honor, not to lie, cheat, or steal in either my academic or personal life. I understand that such acts violate the Honor Code and undermine the community of trust of which we are all stewards.

The basis of W&M's Honor Pledge was written over 150 years ago by alumnus and law professor Henry St. George Tucker, Sr. While teaching law at the University of Virginia, Tucker proposed that students attach a pledge to all exams confirming that on their honor they did not receive any assistance. Tucker's honor pledge was the early basis of the Honor System at the University of Virginia. At W&M, the Honor System stands as one of the College's most important traditions; it remains student-administered through the Honor Council with the advice of the faculty and administration of the College. The College's Honor System is codified such that students found guilty of cheating, stealing or lying are subject to sanctions ranging anywhere from a verbal warning up to expulsion.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-29-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Banned
    Another useless thread with no purpose on OCDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Perhaps to you but not to others.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Honor brick by brick built on a good foundation a character of good standing will rise.

Banned

Little balls of wit.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Thank you. My use of OCDO-WI has changed, for now anyway. I don't give a kcuff what some have to say, hence the ignore list, but I am pleased that some read, whatever they may think now of what they read.

Think of it as a shlt house stall wall. "For a good time meet up at Rosie's." "Ain't no ******* copper gonna take me alive!"

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    agreed. if you don't like a law, work to change it, don't break it just because it suits you to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    Honor brick by brick built on a good foundation a character of good standing will rise.
    +1000

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

Banned

We advocate for the 'law-abiding' only

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
    • (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY:
    Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Following the law just makes sense. I wonder though, if guns were banned, who would turn them in?
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Following the law just makes sense. I wonder though, if guns were banned, who would turn them in?
    Well, if guns were to be banned the only people who would have them lawfully would be the government. As we saw during Katrina, they would probably go door to door and allow us the choice, willingly hand over the firearms or they would forceably take them.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Banned

The road to Hell is paved with what-ifs.

The road to Hell is paved with what-ifs. Who walks this road but to claim his bridge to guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    One could say the same thing about you....

Doug, I am just curious, would you turn your guns in? I mean you are always saying the law abides the law abiding, would you break that law? I personally would not turn a single one in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    The road to Hell is paved with what-ifs. Who walks this road but to claim his bridge to guard?
    Nice waste of bandwidth, how about answering yes or no?

Banned
    Its his modus operandi.

Ask a question that nobody cares about and then don't answer it anyway.

Founder's Club Member
    I don't want to seem to be taking sides, but I knew Doug's answer from his reply.

All of my firearms and knives were lost in a tragic canoeing accident but if I were to own such things it would be for life, come what may....

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I don't want to seem to be taking sides, but I knew Doug's answer from his reply.
    It's not the answer, it's the annoying delivery.