• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart is getting dangerous these days

45acpForMe

I am guessing that he meant he looks enough like LEO/INS to scare illegal immigrants away from him. I have noticed (when I am shaved and dressed nicely) that some people that normally would avoid an LEO encounter avoid me too.

Last edited:

HankT

State Researcher
Kirbinator said:
I OC in every wal*mart I've been in. The only difference is that it gets rid of hispanics and ....

Kirbinator said:
Come to think of it, Alabama doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to armed people driving around the countryside.

Pattern?

ZO6Vettever

I was followed in the parking lot at Walmart in Homestead Fl. a few days after a shooting took place there.I changed direction and the two "gangsta" types did same. I snapped open my "Tommy's Gun Pack" and put my hand on my weapon, stopped and turned towards them. I didn't get a word out and they ran away. There were probably three or four security cars patroling the lot. I stopped one and told him what happened and gave a description. That was it. Hope them thugs will think twice about jackin' a grey haired old fart.

Last edited:

HankT

State Researcher
I was followed in the parking lot at Walmart in Homestead Fl. a few days after a shooting took place there.I changed direction and the two "gangsta" types did same. I snapped open my "Tommy's Gun Pack" and put my hand on my weapon, stopped and turned towards them. I didn't get a word out and they ran away. There were probably three or four security cars patroling the lot. I stopped one and told him what happened and gave a description. That was it. Hope them thugs will think twice about jackin' a grey haired old fart.

Well done. Especially reporting the incident and descriptions to the security guys. Gives 'em a better chance at IDing the toughies and preventing some unarmed and unprepared old fart from getting jacked . . .

Michigander

I am guessing that he meant he looks enough like LEO (INS) to scare illegal immigrants away from him. I have noticed (when I am shaved and dressed nicely) that some people that normally would avoid an LEO encounter avoid me too.

A friend of mine calls the Walmart near him little-mexico because of the number of hispanic people mulling about indoors and outdoors. I guess they don't have a Home Depot nearby for the day laborers to congregate at.

I noticed this in Arizona. The illegals and the younger or newer arrival legal mexicans would think I was a cop, even though I'd be dressed like anything but a cop, having just finished building or tearing down buildings. I guess cops in Mexico don't dress so well. Seeing the younger ones dump out/hide beer and put out cigarettes and joints was quite funny. Haven't had that reaction in Michigan, but then this isn't exactly a job's Americans won't do (can no longer afford to do) kind of state, since it is the last biggest hold out of heavy US industrial manufacturing, and neither illegals nor papered NAFTA workers have much interest in the area since there are hardly any jobs available to them here.

Some adults do ask me if I'm a cop, but it usually seems like it's the midwestern kids and punks who can already figure out I must not be.

Last edited:

hogeaterf6

He may well have meant "illegal aliens," but he said "hispanics." Does he equate the two? I hope not. That is the equation that causes pro-illegal-alien types to insist that those of us who want our borders defended against the invasion of illegal aliens are really just bigots who hate Hispanics.

The way the post is worded would be offensive to Hispanics and to anyone, like me, who despises all discrimination based on race and national origin.

If he meant something other than what plain reading tells us (I hope so and believe so), he should explain his meaning.

Well we are not trying to secure the Canadian border.

No I dont decriminate, I hate everyone. :)

Brimstone Baritone

There you go. What would have been offensive to me, would be for him to assume that they were illegal just because they were Hispanic or just because they left. He didn't. I think you are reading too much into his post (or assuming other people will, which reflects more on you than it does on 'other people').

OldCurlyWolf

It just means they were smart enough to know that us "gray haired old farts" will shoot quicker than some young buck who wants to prove how tough he is.

We don't mess with the young ones anymore.:cool:

Brimstone Baritone

You and I have spoken in person regarding racism. You already know that I won't tolerate one iota of racism--or even the unintended appearance of racism (as seems to be the case here). You already know that I will take the strongest stand possible to ensure our movement is seen as one of Liberty, and not as the absolute antithesis of Liberty, i.e. racism.

Moving on.

You are right, we have. I took another look at the post, and I can see where you are coming from.

ISRAEL

I am Israel, and I am a Hispano American, or "Hispanoamericano", no, I am not "ilegal", I am not affraid to see a "gringo" packing heat, and yes we love to talk in spanish at all times, we have our own tvs spanish channels, and radios and movies theatres, etc, why are we this way ? it is becouse USA has freedom of speach, sometimes I think that having a brown skin is a blessing and a curse, some people ,the moment they see brown skin well, they must be "ilegales" , I have a good friend here in Boise, she is from the Seyschells Islands, in Africa, she has brown skin, and she has been ask many times, in spanish, if she is an "ilegal" when she apply for a job, . I have told my friends that we the Hispanos are not the enemies , we are not bombing buildings or airplains, we love the USA thats why we flock to this country, I do really feel bless comming to this country, never had any problems whith the inmigration authorities, never asked to show my "green card" ( it is blue ), now I do not have it, becouse I became a USA citizen, but for the love of God not all of us are "ilegales", and we are not affraid of white people packing guns, I have talk to many hispanos about O.C. sometimes I wander if I can start a hispanic O.C., we are about 80.000.000 hispanics in USA, ( Maybe more or less ) and USA is the 2nd. hispanic country in the world, The Royal academy of the Spanish Language has a representative in the USA. Please be gentle whith me if you answer back my letter, Your vaquero friend Israel.

Daylen

I do really feel bless comming to this country

Then I hope you are a vocal proponent of the Constitution and free enterprise. In the news and through other sources all too often I see Marxist Hispanics trying to undermine the constitution and call for revolution to eliminate free enterprise and the constitution.

Yes, I know Marxism is in many groups, but its disheartening to see seemingly another group largely infected with it.

45acpForMe

I am Israel, and I am a Hispano American, or "Hispanoamericano", no, I am not "ilegal",
<snip>
Please be gentle whith me if you answer back my letter, Your vaquero friend Israel.

Welcome Israel! I am a 3rd generation immigrant and it seems each new waive of immigrants live through some chiding and jokes but we are a nation of immigrants!

In my personal experience no one I meet "hates" people of hispanic origins. What most do get angry with are people that openly break our laws and expect us to change them to accomodate their whims.

My ire gets inflamed against criminals (gang members, drug runners, illegal aliens) and our government that does WORSE than turn a blind eye to the problem.

We need more people of all colors and heritages to take personal responsibilty for themselves and their communities. So work to get some of your friends to OC and take control of their self defense and protect their families!

This is a great country and I am trying to work to keep it that way.

since9

Campaign Veteran
There's been a lot of cross-talk here lately, but please! Chill!

Wether Walmart or the local gas and sandwich, it doesn't matter. People are simply doing business as usual.

Doesn't matter whether I'm carrying or not. I'm going about my lawful business. Yes, I'm armed. I'm a lawully-armed, law-abiding citizen.

As has existed for more than 400 years (yes, years) of our American heritage.

Really, when are these folks going to grow a brain?