• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sgt. Douglas Hall Retires from DPS

Edward Peruta

To all who have been visiting this message board for any time.

Sgt. Douglas Hall, former Executive Officer of the Department of Public Safety Special License and Firearms Unit today retired from from his employment as a State Trooper.

Attorney Douglas Hall addressed and resolved many issues that were brought to his attention while assigned to the SLFU.

Attorney Douglas Hall was fair and understanding in many areas where there was no fairness, understanding or willingness to recognize the rights of those who found themselves being subject to unnecessary denials or revocations.

The public record will show that Attorney Hall and key members of the Board of Firearm Permit Examiners worked together to reduce the lengthy backlog of cases to be heard.

I look forward to the day that Attorney Hall can provide his services to represent individuals before the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners or the courts.

Attorney Douglas Hall is currently prevented from doing so for the first 12 months following his retirement from the DPS.

For those who are fortunate enough to know him, it is very easy to say that Attorney Douglas Hall is a friend and compassionate person who will make an excellent advocate for anyone with firearm issues or other legal matters.

Hopefully now that he is retired, he will visit this board during his retirement to offer his expert opinions, and possibly answer some of the firearm related questions we all have from time to time.

If you leave your contact information I'm sure he may have a mailing list at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Lenny Benedetto

Doug was a great advocate for gun owners at the DPS.
He will be missed!
I know that he does check this forum from time to time, so with that I say Congrats to him on his retriement.
I am sure that we will see him in the future at PRO 2A / Gun Events.

Carry On! Doug!