Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another new member

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar

Yet another new member

As I posted in another thread earlier, I'm new to the forum and just started OC'ing, but I'm already somewhat familiar with the statutes and requirements for legal carry in WI, so I do have a head start. I've been lurking around this forum for about a month getting a feel for it, and now it's time to come out of the shadows.

My wife & I spent the last 20 years in the motorcyclists' rights movement (ABATE of Wisconsin and Motorcycle Riders Foundation), so I never had the time to join this movement - but that doesn't mean it hasn't been equally important to me all along. I joined Wisconsin Carry two weeks ago, and I'm proud to be a part of it - trying to get my gun nut buddy to join, too!

Had a great time at Lizzy's fish fry again tonight, and I'm looking forward to meeting more of you and adding my two cents to the discussions here. Ride free - and carry free, too!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Welcome! Glad to have met you.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

welcome to the forum.

Welcome!

Carry on!

Welcome to the coolest group around, glad to have you with us.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Welcome. It was nice to meet you and your wife. I'm glad you were able to make it last night.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Red face Welcome!

It was nice meeting you and your wife last night at Lizzy's. I am sure we will all meet again soon at another event!

Banned
    Welcome and keep the shiny side up!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010598.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	4366  

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

Welcome to the forum.

And Spartacus, nice ride. Looks like it's set up for the long haul eh?

Nice bike, for a Harley.

Cool Welcome

Recently the WI forum has become one of the most active on this site.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    and productive too!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

And Spartacus, nice ride. Looks like it's set up for the long haul eh?
    Yah I got the old girl set up for various configurations. It takes me about an hour to drop tanks or add bags, etc. Like any woman she demands cash and attention but provides hours of pleasure.

Welcome friend...

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

I see the reserve tank behind the seat. Whats on the front fender? Another reserve?
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Welcome friend...

I had a ZRX once upon a time. Here is my current bike.

Nice ride indeed - I don't see too many FXR's around any more. Rubber side down, buddy!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Nice bike, for a Harley.
    Hey now, be nice. And yours ain't too shabby for a stinging insect! Gotta love the versatility of detachable bags & trunk, eh?

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome!

I just knew this was a friendly bunch. And now, for my rides:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0180.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	4370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2019.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	4371
    2000 Road Glide without the quick-detach trunk on, and

Name:	IMG_2030.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	4372
    '86 Softail Custom (I've got better pics around here somewhere...) with the ol' lady's bike behind it.

To violate Rule #8 just one more time (quickly), anyone else ride? I look forward to meeting more of you at other events, riders or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    Hey now, be nice. And yours ain't too shabby for a stinging insect! Gotta love the versatility of detachable bags & trunk, eh?
    That luggage is the single best accessory I have ever bought. More wind protection wouldn't hurt either.

That luggage is the single best accessory I have ever bought. More wind protection wouldn't hurt either.
    Yeah, I'll second that. When I was younger I swore I'd never ride a bike with a fairing or windshield. As the years progress, I can't believe I did without one for so long - no bugs in the face is a wonderful thing!

I had lunch with my family today and handed out WCI leaflets. 3 out of 4 were very interested and my sister stated she had never heard of us and asked how much is it to join? She also liked my XDm 45.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

I had a ZRX once upon a time. Here is my current bike.
    The 919 is a great bike. Very versatile and has a few horsepower as I understand it. The ZRX is a torque monster. I like the bags too. mine are soft. with a soft trunk and the stock fairing.
    Last edited by hardballer; 10-31-2010 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    The 919 is a great bike. Very versatile and has a few horsepower as I understand it. The ZRX is a torque monster. I like the bags too. mine are soft. with a soft trunk and the stock fairing.
    I had some soft bags from Technic for my ZRX. I miss the power wheelies. My 919 has the same HP of my ZRX1100, but down on torque from the lower displacement. I do enjoy the fuel injection I have now. My Kawis were always a bit cold blooded. Styling wise, hands down for the ZRX. Here is a pic of my old ZRX with me on hwy 129 (the Dragon).

I haven't been into sporty bikes for several years, but believe it or not my RG will do wheelies with my wife on board - if I grab a handful of throttle without her, the back tire usually breaks loose & I just get sideways!

Must have something to do with the bored & stroked & cammed & ported 104 cu. inches... (for those not familiar with inch-metric conversion, that's 1700cc's of torque monster!)

Name:	IMG_0192 adjusted.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	4377

That much power puts a huge smile on my face every time I ride it, so the windshield is necessary to keep bugs out of my teeth.

Although I will admit, I still have a soft spot for the old Honda Nighthawk S - I might have to pick up one of those some day. The way I see it, all bikes are cool!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast