• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry of wooden arms

Metalhead47

So, a girl got on my bus last night with a homemade wooden bow, which got me to thinking....

What does the law say about the open carry of archery equipment by a minor hmm? Don't think I've ever seen that brought up here, just the occasional sword. She stiffed me for a quarter too, would that make it armed robbery? :confused:

(Yes this is posted with tongue firmly planted in cheek... too much hostility around here lately :p)

amlevin

I think a bow would be consider a "long arm" and those are STRICTLY taboo here...

:banana::banana::banana:

Sorry metal you know SOMEONE was going to go there...

But here's a "Wooden Arm" that wouldn't fall into that "long arm" category. Could even be legal for "Post Office" Carry too.

Bare_earp_pistol.JPG

And it's even a repeater. Ammo is not regulated and is almost free if you visit the right offices.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

I think a bow would be consider a "long arm" and those are STRICTLY taboo here...

:banana::banana::banana:

Sorry metal you know SOMEONE was going to go there...

Certainly not! The item in question was clearly NOT a longbow, as it was much shorter than the young lady bearing it (who wasn't that tall to begin with). I do not advocate the open carry of longbows :eek:

amlevin

With all this "Wooden Humor" you've got to watch out for

termite10.gif

azmbrady-

There once was a radio personality in Seattle that thought we all should support the "Right to Arm Bears". He was a bit of an anti-hunting nut but the thought was kinda cute.

Last edited: