• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what legally defines a hospital?

budlight

How about an out building on hospital property? A building outside and not attatched by a catwalk, coverd breezway or anything...just on the outer edges of the parking lot and used as a community room or classroom?

Without a CPL no, with a CPL yes. IMO the whole property would be viewed as the premises. See below;

750.234d Possession of firearm on certain premises prohibited; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.

Sec. 234d.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:

(a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.

(b) A church or other house of religious worship.

(c) A court.

(d) A theatre.

(e) A sports arena.

(f) A day care center.

(g) A hospital.

(h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.

(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.

(b) A peace officer.

(c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.

(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.

(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 90 days or a fine of not more than $100.00, or both.

Last edited:

CharleyMarbles

OK here we go (firesuit on) I agree with property rights trumping 2A. please here me out ?

I only agree IF 1 the property owner can be held culpable for any harm that comes to anyone who is striped of there 2A rights by his decision to put in place the restriction.

AND 2 this INCLUDES any unit of Government who put's in place such restrictions.

It is my belife that if we could get this codified we would see a drastic drop in the stupid restrictions and it wouldn't even be an issue in very short order.

stainless1911

Banned
Although I almost agree, (and would support such measures if given the opportunity), I have to say that my life or my loved ones cannot be sued back into being, therefore I would prefer that the practice of baring my most basic right to SD be illegal. I get why some might like to protect property rights, but life is greater than property. We can't use deadly force to protect property...just sayin'

CharleyMarbles

Although I almost agree, (and would support such measures if given the opportunity), I have to say that my life or my loved ones cannot be sued back into being, therefore I would prefer that the practice of baring my most basic right to SD be illegal. I get why some might like to protect property rights, but life is greater than property. We can't use deadly force to protect property...just sayin'

The Idea of them being culpable is not to resurect but to make the thought of stripping us of our right to SD so distastfull that it never comes up. If it could wind up costing you everything you have to make a stupid decision you are probly NOT going to make that call :0

karlmc10

Should I be able to protect me and my family wherever I choose to go? No question about it, yes. Does that mean that my right of self protection should overrule someones right to govern thier private property as they see fit ? NO. If I don't like the policies of a private entity, open to the public or not, I can and will choose to go else where. If I don't like what's on TV or the radio I shut it off or change the channel. It doesn't matter if the buisness is open to the public or not, if it's private property then "He what owns the joint makes the rules". If I try to tramp on others rights to govern their property then who's going to stand up for my rights when the time comes. You can't cry at the top of your lungs about your rights then try in the next breath, to limit the rights of others because it makes your life inconvenient. If a store owner says "No guns" then you go down the street.

Last edited:

CharleyMarbles

Should I be able to protect me and my family wherever I choose to go? No question about it, yes. Does that mean that my right of self protection should overrule someones right to govern thier private property as they see fit ? NO. If I don't like the policies of a private entity, open to the public or not, I can and will choose to go else where. If I don't like what's on TV or the radio I shut it off or change the channel. It doesn't matter if the buisness is open to the public or not, if it's private property then "He what owns the joint makes the rules". If I try to tramp on others rights to govern their property then who's going to stand up for my rights when the time comes. You can't cry at the top of your lungs about your rights then try in the next breath, to limit the rights of others because it makes your life inconvenient. If a store owner says "No guns" then you go down the street.

+1

TheSzerdi

Assuming that a building meets the legal definition of a hospital and also assuming that another building on the same property and owned by the same group does not meet the legal definition of a hospital. Can you CC in the building that does not meet the definition of a hospital or is it considered to be part of the hospital?

malignity

Assuming that a building meets the legal definition of a hospital and also assuming that another building on the same property and owned by the same group does not meet the legal definition of a hospital. Can you CC in the building that does not meet the definition of a hospital or is it considered to be part of the hospital?

I would assume since it's not the hospital itself, it wouldn't count. Legally, I'm not positive; but good question.

lil_freak_66

so here is why i brought up the question...ive gotta take the little one(see below)to doctors appointments and such!

Photo11041920.jpg

Megan Marie Hilliker
4 November 2010 18:28
8 lbs 13 oz.

Last edited: