• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok .. I've got a GOOD one for ya'll

END_THE_FED

(a) A person is guilty of criminal trespass in the third degree when he knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in or upon premises.

It says enters or remains unlawfully. it does not say enters or remains in violation of rules/code of conduct.

I would read this to mean that if you "enter unlawfully" (for example you have been kicked out and told to not come back for a certain amount of time) you would be in violation, and if you " unlawfully remain" (are asked to leave and refuse) then you are also in violation.

I don't read it to mean that if you simply ignore a rule you are violating the law.

If you bring a candy bar into the movie house (ignoring the "No outside food or beverage sign" you are violating the rules, but would you be in violation of the trespassing statute?

eye95

My point was that the person is going where he knows he is not welcome (possibly having, foolishly, even posted this intent on a message board), must have been sufficiently informed that he is not to be there (after all, he knows). That he is unwelcome and this lack of welcome has clearly successfully been communicated means that his presence is unlawful.

Would he be arrested? I don't know. But, that would be irrelevant. Not being arrested does not mean that nothing unlawful was done.

The point is that the poster is encouraging an activity which, in many jurisdictions in which the folks he is encouraging live, is against the law. The rules of this site rightly prohibit advocating breaking the law. Furthermore, I believe advocating breaking the law is despicable.

I have made my point (in the last paragraph), and continued discussion in the direction it is going is getting us away from and clouding that point.

Therefore, moving on.

Gunslinger

My point was that the person is going where he knows he is not welcome (possibly having, foolishly, even posted this intent on a message board), must have been sufficiently informed that he is not to be there (after all, he knows). That he is unwelcome and this lack of welcome has clearly successfully been communicated means that his presence is unlawful.

Would he be arrested? I don't know. But, that would be irrelevant. Not being arrested does not mean that nothing unlawful was done.

The point is that the poster is encouraging an activity which, in many jurisdictions in which the folks he is encouraging live, is against the law. The rules of this site rightly prohibit advocating breaking the law. Furthermore, I believe advocating breaking the law is despicable.

I have made my point (in the last paragraph), and continued discussion in the direction it is going is getting us away from and clouding that point.

Therefore, moving on.

I agree. If you or your actions aren't welcome, don't go. Whether unlawful or simply unwanted, the person putting on the event has a right to regulate those who attend. I don't like disarming before going to a gun show here in COS, but it's their show and their rules. And I certainly wouldn't advocate anyone breaking a law for a specious "principle."

rotty

iN THE END

I decided not to go to the show mostly because of the neighborhood but I will say it was also the fact that they made the choice to force permit holders to disarm. I would not CC just for the fact that it IS breaking the law and that is not my thing.

I just could not bring myself to stand in the middle of an arsenal with a few hundred people I didn't know - unarmed.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm sure you can carry to the door, unload, have them check/secure weapon, and go in and look around. When you exit the doors, load it. Thats what I do at our local gun shows. They got a guy that zip ties them. Or you can say you never saw the web site. ;)

Same here, although they refused to allow me to carry in my holster, even with the bright yellow zip tie in plain sight. They wanted me to go get my "original box" from home just so I could carry my firearm into a gun show and find a holster.

Forget that!

The local gun stores allow me to open carry without restriction. If they didn't, they wouldn't get my business any more than the gun show (didn't) get my business.