Thread: Remington R11

Remington R11

I've always wanted a 1911, I just never really saw one that I really liked. The R11 seems like a good choice to me, however my 1911 experience is limited. Anyone have any experience with the R11? I own several Remington long guns,( which I love) so I may be a little biased. Thanks for any and all constructive on topic input.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Quote Originally Posted by NRAMARINE View Post
    I've always wanted a 1911, I just never really saw one that I really liked. The R11 seems like a good choice to me, however my 1911 experience is limited. Anyone have any experience with the R11? I own several Remington long guns,( which I love) so I may be a little biased. Thanks for any and all constructive on topic input.
    Are they even out yet? I was under the impression that they would be coming out next year for the 100th anniversary.

Remington 1911 R-1

Remington's R-1 pistol is out already. Our local gun store in Huntsville has them for sale. They have one counter dedicated to 1911's and the Remington is on display and I've looked it over. I would love to take one to the range and try it out. Unfortunately, they don't have one on the indoor range. It looks pretty good and this isn't Remington's first 1911 as they produced them almost 90 years ago during WW1. If you like a "military-style" 1911 as opposed to the modern upgraded styles, this may be the gun for you.
    Last edited by AL Ranger; 11-01-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    Check out my home page @ www.alabamaopencarry.com and Carry On!

You will love it. I have had one since April. Stainless match barrel from the factory, very accurate, well balanced. Best of all, 100 percent American and less than $700.

Sounds good, I'm definetly leaning towards it. Thanks for the input.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.