• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Remington R11

NRAMARINE

I've always wanted a 1911, I just never really saw one that I really liked. The R11 seems like a good choice to me, however my 1911 experience is limited. Anyone have any experience with the R11? I own several Remington long guns,( which I love) so I may be a little biased. Thanks for any and all constructive on topic input.

sultan62

I've always wanted a 1911, I just never really saw one that I really liked. The R11 seems like a good choice to me, however my 1911 experience is limited. Anyone have any experience with the R11? I own several Remington long guns,( which I love) so I may be a little biased. Thanks for any and all constructive on topic input.

Are they even out yet? I was under the impression that they would be coming out next year for the 100th anniversary.

AL Ranger

Remington 1911 R-1

Remington's R-1 pistol is out already. Our local gun store in Huntsville has them for sale. They have one counter dedicated to 1911's and the Remington is on display and I've looked it over. I would love to take one to the range and try it out. Unfortunately, they don't have one on the indoor range. It looks pretty good and this isn't Remington's first 1911 as they produced them almost 90 years ago during WW1. If you like a "military-style" 1911 as opposed to the modern upgraded styles, this may be the gun for you.

Last edited:

ExLipscombChief

You will love it. I have had one since April. Stainless match barrel from the factory, very accurate, well balanced. Best of all, 100 percent American and less than $700.