• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ENC lunch/dinner meetup interest thread

elixin77

hey guys of OCDO,

just wondering if everyone would like to come together sometime for a good lunch and/or dinner somewhere in ENC.

maybe meet up on a Sunday in the next few weeks, around 1230-1330. In greenville, we have panera bread (one of our member's GF works there, so we'd get a discount), 5 guys burgers, IHOP, waffle house, and a few BBQ places as well. Maybe sometime around the 5th of Dec, or the week before or after.

Anyways, let me know if anyone is interested, and we'll get the ball rolling.

M

mattwestm

Sounds good! I'd love to make a trip to Bills BBQ (Wilson) or Parkers.

Last edited:

Dreamer

I would be TOTALLY cool for a trip out to Wilson to do Sunday lunch at Parkers--They've got the BEST BBQ in ENC, and they are OC-friendly. They get some money from me EVERY time I drive out that way--I just can't help myself--the pig calls...

elixin77

Parker's in Wilson sounds like the hit right now. I know Dreamer told me several times about how awesome Parker's is.

1230 Parker's in Wilson on December 5th.

Anyone else want to come?

M

mattwestm

Oh, make sure you bring cash to Parkers. They are a cash-only establishment. I think it's like $7 for a 'cue plate with two veggies. I know I'll be there. Oh, and there is a really good gun shop in Wilson on the Black Creek Road exit off 264.

Last edited:

J_Oliver

I might attend. I don't know the area at all and it's a 2 hour drive from greensboro, but I'll try. No promises. I won't be armed though because I'm waiting on a purchase permit. I'll get the CHP beginning of the year to circumvent this but for now I'm not complaining. I was however told that there was a stack of about 200 that had to be processed and it would probably the full 90 days to complete. I'm not complaining...

elixin77

Pistol purchasing Permits are usually available either that day or the next business day. Might want to check on your Sheriff's office about that. Even if you can't come armed, it's always nice meeting up with others that feel the way we feel about firearms, and its nice being able to put a face to aliases/avatars on the forum.

It would be nice if I can get my CHP a bit early - its getting colder faster, and I may have to come up with some interesting holster positions for me to be able to carry OC... lol

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

Pistol purchasing Permits are usually available either that day or the next business day. Might want to check on your Sheriff's office about that. Even if you can't come armed, it's always nice meeting up with others that feel the way we feel about firearms, and its nice being able to put a face to aliases/avatars on the forum.

It would be nice if I can get my CHP a bit early - its getting colder faster, and I may have to come up with some interesting holster positions for me to be able to carry OC... lol

Do you think you'll start CC'ing instead of OC'ing when you get your CHP? I might get my CHP soon so I don't have to worry about carrying in the car or cold weather.

J_Oliver

Hey, now that you mention it, it is only a ten day max for the purchase permit. Although, he may have thought I was asking about the CHP, they can take up to 90 days to process. Makes me no nevermind. I may go to adventure Outfitters (I think thats what it's called it) while I'm out there before I head back to Greensboro to check out their prices on firearms (of which I'm still undecided on what to carry). My wife just agreed to come out as well. She would like to open carry but doesn't know where to start and I would like for her to talk to people who do it on a day to day basis. So, that being said, add three to the cause. Hope you guys don't mind young children, he's 4 and he'll learn to safely handle (supervised of course) as soon as his hands are big enough.

Keep me posted :banana: :monkey

elixin77

Oliver thats great. There are tons of horror stories on the net about how wives hate their husbands carrying, let alone OC'ing. Also, major props on the kid - an awareness of the power of firearms is very important, especially with young children.

If your wife wants to start OC'ing, the best place to have her start is here on the forums. Lurking around would be the best, and starting up a thread with any questions she has is always helpful to. Probably the best place to start OC'ing is wally world, and then move on from there.

The PPP should only take a day or two tops for that to get processed. A CHP involves going to a class and bringing a certificate from the instructor that you actually did complete the class and scored well enough on the shooting exam. The PPP is also only $5, and the CHP is $90. Either way, getting a PPP now wouldn't hurt, even if you do get a CHP in the near future (you can at least purchase a pistol now, vs later).

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Remember, Dec. 5th, 1230 at Parker's in Wilson for those interested.

Last edited:

elixin77

Do you think you'll start CC'ing instead of OC'ing when you get your CHP? I might get my CHP soon so I don't have to worry about carrying in the car or cold weather.

I'm getting my CHP for the sole purpose of being able to carry my 1911 under my trench coat. That and being able to purchase firearms a lot easier (if and when I can ever afford them, lol). Winters are getting colder sooner, and I don't want to have to sacrifice my protection in order to stay warm, or vice versa.

until I get my CHP though, I may have to move my holster to a slight crossdraw near the belt buckle... could be a bit interesting to say the least.

M

mattwestm

I'm getting my CHP for the sole purpose of being able to carry my 1911 under my trench coat. That and being able to purchase firearms a lot easier (if and when I can ever afford them, lol). Winters are getting colder sooner, and I don't want to have to sacrifice my protection in order to stay warm, or vice versa.

until I get my CHP though, I may have to move my holster to a slight crossdraw near the belt buckle... could be a bit interesting to say the least.

I'm fine with sweaters or light jackets, but with my trench coat, OC is impossible. I might get a neck strap or something for my little Kel-Tec P32 lol. Have you thought about IWB carrying on the front with your shirt tucked in? I can pull off mexican carry with my Polish P-64 easily. Might be tough with a full size 1911.

Last edited:

sultan62

elixin77, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm waiting on my permit, and it's getting cold. If it gets too much colder, I'll start wearing flannel, and I should get the CHP late November-mid December, before it gets really cold. If I have to, I can OC with my leather jacket, but I'll have to be careful.

elixin77

I do have an IWB (...somewhere.....). Didn't think about using that holster to wear mexican style. Was thinking of wearing my serpa mexican style, if that makes any sense. I'll have to try out the IWB though.

My CHP should hopefully be coming in the next (up to) 45 days, so then I'll have all my bases covered. But the way the temp is dropping, it might not get here fast enough :(

ClydesComm

I'm game...

I'm game depending on date time and location. I'm not big on buffets but would enjoy getting together.

elixin77

Matt, just tried out the IWB mexican style. It works, but I overall prefer the serpa. That, and it its kind of odd have a firearm pointed at the family jewels... its just me though, lol