• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ENC lunch/dinner meetup interest thread

M

mattwestm

I think my favorite BBQ is Bill Ellis or B's Barbecue. Skylight Inn in Ayden isn't too bad either. They don't have any side items and you have to pick out pieces of gristle sometimes, but it has a really good smoked flavor with pieces of crunchy skin, yum! Parkers is good too, but the one in Wilson is much better than Greenville locations. If anyone ever gets out to Goldsboro, Wilburs is great! I still want to try Kings in Kinston.

I've never been a fan of Lexington or Memphis style BBQ.

M

mattwestm

Is this confirmed? If so, has anybody posted this on OC Meet Up (www.meetup.org)? My employer won't allow access to this site or I would have posted the direct link.

I was going to set up a meetup group, but they charge and I'm a poor student. This date is confirmed. I know Dreamer, Elixin, and I will be there atleast. Probably a few more. I'd like to have a few people from Raleigh to try and come out. Wilson is only a 45 minute drive from Raleigh. Parkers has some of the best BBQ I've ever had. Nothing in the Raleigh area can even compare. If anyone doesn't care for BBQ, they do have chicken and other stuff.

Sunday, December 5 at 1230.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?c...&ie=UTF8&ll=35.735784,-78.050995&spn=0,0&z=13

EDIT: I just sent the moderator for the Triangle OC group on meetup a message asking if he would add our lunch to the group.

Last edited:

Northerner

I was going to set up a meetup group, but they charge and I'm a poor student. This date is confirmed. I know Dreamer, Elixin, and I will be there atleast. Probably a few more. I'd like to have a few people from Raleigh to try and come out. Wilson is only a 45 minute drive from Raleigh. Parkers has some of the best BBQ I've ever had. Nothing in the Raleigh area can even compare. If anyone doesn't care for BBQ, they do have chicken and other stuff.

Sunday, December 5 at 1230.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?c...&ie=UTF8&ll=35.735784,-78.050995&spn=0,0&z=13

EDIT: I just sent the moderator for the Triangle OC group on meetup a message asking if he would add our lunch to the group.

Nice. I'll be coming from Clayton. I work in Wilson so been there done that, going mostly for the company.

elixin77

I just received word from the pitt county sheriff's office that my CHP is available for pick up, starting tomorrow :)

Very fast turn around here. Submitted my paperwork around 9/15, and got my permit within 75 days.

M

mattwestm

I just received word from the pitt county sheriff's office that my CHP is available for pick up, starting tomorrow :)

Very fast turn around here. Submitted my paperwork around 9/15, and got my permit within 75 days.

Awesome, now you just gotta get something for CC. That full size 1911 might be tough to lug around IWB all day.

M

mattwestm

I withdraw my speedy comment then, lol

I have thought about saving up some money and getting a small .22LR BUG. Any recommendations? Thinking maybe a walther p22 if it fits my hand

I've heard OK things about the Phoenix HP-22. I think they are about $100. For the same size, you could get a Kel-tec P3AT(.380ACP) or a Kel-tec P-32(.32ACP). Ammo will cost more than .22, but these guns are better quality and will have better stopping power. I think I paid $250 with tax and everything for my P-32. The Ruger LCP (.380ACP) isn't bad either, but it does cost a little bit more. If you are willing to get something a bit bigger, but still light and smaller than a full size 1911, I'd get the Kel-tec P11 or PF-9 in 9mm. These aren't range guns (recoil hurts your hand after a while), but are perfect for self defense at a good price. I've shot a P11 and heard nothing but good things about them. The Walther P22 will set you back about $350.

Also, check out the Bersa 380. They are about $250 and are excellent as well. About the same size as the P22. Bersa also makes some guns in 9mm that are awesome and reasonably priced.

Bearfoot

Ditto on the Kel-Tec PF9 mattwestm. That is the very one I carry most everywhere I go. Light, easily concealed, and not too heavy on the belt when OC.

Sc0tt

It is 2+ hours away from me but I am interested I can not commit until I have a schedule for that time, count me as a possible

Oh and if somone could message a mod so we could sticky all confirmed meetups on the top of the page that would be a huge help!?

Last edited:

Dreamer

BUMP...

I'll be attending. I'll most likely be OCing my famous Para. The Glock may also be in attendance, but "invisible"...

Dreamer

I have thought about saving up some money and getting a small .22LR BUG. Any recommendations? Thinking maybe a walther p22 if it fits my hand

As someone who owns (and has occasionally carried) a Walther P22 as a BUG, I can recommend against that. It's a VERY nice gun--it shoots well, is very accurate, and is just plain FUN for plinking, but it's a little too big (IMO) for a BUG...

If you want a "pocket .22", look at the Taurus PT22. You can often get them used in our area for under $200, and they are easily pocketable.

M

mattwestm

I'll be there with my girlfriend. I'll either have my XD-9 or my RIA 1911 Compact. Haven't decided yet....