• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have any problems with Taurus revolvers

colo sam

I just trashed a Taurus Ultralite after Taurus sent it back to me with the firing pin fixed. Took it to the range and misfire after misfire from the firing pin not making contact till I finally gave up on it. Live and learn. What a peice of trash. will never own another Taurus.

mahkagari

I've heard bad things about Tauruses from manufacturing defects making them explode to just being crap for accuracy but haven't had a problem with my .357. Got it on the cheap and it's my preferred carry weapon (the one I'm most accurate with, is comfortable, and is of large enough caliber). However, my 9mm S&W is the one I have the most problems with misfires and jams. Should take it in for service.

Gunslinger

My M-85 has performed flawlessly. It is deadly accurate out to 15 yards, great for a snubbie, shoots everything and is well made. Taurus has taken hits for pistols over the years, but has always gotten good marks for revolvers. Send it back. Their CS is not exactly like SIGS, but they do stand behind their products.

colo sam

Thanks for your reply

I did send the revolver back to Taurus for the firing pin problem and got it back problem fixed so they said. Than the trip to the range and the gun was worse than it was when I sent it to them. All I was able to get from Taurus was a run a round. If I can't trust a gun to fire at the range I am sure not going to trust it with my life or the life of a loved one should it ever be needed. I still will never own a Taurus again. Found a good deal on a Ruger sp101. So far so good with the Ruger

Gunslinger

I agree with you. Send it back again, use the Ruger so you won't need it, but make them make it right. A guy on another forum had a problem with a TRP--5 times the price of your gun, and got a run around from SA until he paid to have it fixed by their custom shop out of his own pocket. That is BS. Springfield has a reputation for great CS, but they screwed the pooch on this one. When I've had problems with my SIGs, no issues. They make it right the first time. No excuse for Taurus or SA not to do the same.

Kingfish

My ex bought a new Taurus .38 (I don't know why she thought she would like a snubby.) Took it to the range and on the 3rd round the feed pawl broke.

Sent it back to Taurus and they repaired it and installed a spurless hammer for free.

Gun has been fine since (at least 300 rounds through it.)