• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doing lots of reading.. Still not totally 100%.. Loaded Open Carry?

VW_Factor

From what I can put together, frankly.. Unless city ordinances restrict it specifically..

Loaded open carry one in the pipe is legal?

Just CHL holders?

Yeah.. Silly first post I guess. Just been reading a lot around and getting as much information as I can. Especially that I would like to exercise my rights in a responsible manner.

-Thanks

Teddybearfrmhell

loaded open carry is 100% legal unless banned by local ordinance, concealed carry permitees are exempt from those restrictions.

so if you are licensed to carry concealed, you may open carry in banned cities.... nice huh?

LOADED!

VW_Factor

Anywhere I can read the law for open carry in banned cities with CHL?

Edit : Not meaning to be a dick or anything, just want to have bases covered yanno, and be able to read the ORS stuff behind it.. So I can be informed about what I may get into kinda deal.

Last edited:

boyscout399

Anywhere I can read the law for open carry in banned cities with CHL?

Edit : Not meaning to be a dick or anything, just want to have bases covered yanno, and be able to read the ORS stuff behind it.. So I can be informed about what I may get into kinda deal.

166.173¹
Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places

(1) A city or county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the possession of loaded firearms in public places as defined in ORS 161.015 (General definitions).
(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section do not apply to or affect:
(a) A law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.
(b) A member of the military in the performance of official duty.
(c) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
(d) A person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in or on a public building or court facility under ORS 166.370 (Possession of firearm or dangerous weapon in public building or court facility).
(e) An employee of the United States Department of Agriculture, acting within the scope of employment, who possesses a loaded firearm in the course of the lawful taking of wildlife. [1995 s.s. c.1 §4; 1999 c.782 §8; 2009 c.556 §3]