Thread: CCW gun control candidate to vote against. The same ol' same-old shuffle.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

CCW gun control candidate to vote against. The same ol' same-old shuffle.

Hello Doug,

I understand where you are coming from. In a more perfect world, with a less large government state, the possibilities would be different.

We must go from where we are today with the realities as they are to where we want to be.

Elections are about choices, while I may not be exactly what you are looking for, if you are conservative then I am the better choice by far.

If you are liberal and want a bigger more controlling and expensive government vote for the other guy.

Whether you or anyone in this district likes it, on Weds Nov 3rd we will wake up with a new state senator. There are only two choices.

Liberals understand this very well and always support the more liberal candidate. Conservatives should do the same in the opposite direction.

It takes time to make real change and change the direction of a leftist government.

Best wishes.
    State Senate - Candidate

A True Fiscal Conservative and Republican

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2010 10:17 AM
    To: R - Candidate
    Subject: Re: Answer

Sorry, I am not a proponent of legal arms as an indulgence of state privilege. What we have now is better than permission from the state.

To me, "fiscal conservatism" should bar creation of an ever larger bureaucracy to administer a right as a privilege of the state.

Doug Huffman
    Washington Island
    Wisconsin

On 10/23/2010 09:16,
    > > Hi Doug,
    > > I will do what I can to move concealed carry forward. I voted for it in the Assembly and will again in the Senate.
    > >
    > > Sorry for late reply I am very busy. Always feel free to get in touch. Can you help with our efforts to get elected?
    > >
    > > State Senate - Candidate
    > >
    > > Let's Get Wisconsin Working Again! A True Fiscal Conservative and Republican

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Doug:

I don't see the "candidates" actual name anywhere in the post. Can you provide the individual's name?
    Last edited by bnhcomputing; 11-01-2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: grammar

Banned
    No. This was in personal correspondence, see the personal address.

Another 'member'-correspondent here apparently got quite a different impression of this candidate.

McX
    concealed carry, concealed carry. they always tout the same rhetoric.

He/she didn't say much more than "I'm a conservative, the other guy is a liberal, which do you want"?
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    No. This was in personal correspondence, see the personal address.

Another 'member'-correspondent here apparently got quite a different impression of this candidate.
    I think I know who this is and yes I did get a different impression.Just goes to show how the story changes from conversation to conversation. You have a great eye for detail Doug.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    I think I know who this is and yes I did get a different impression.Just goes to show how the story changes from conversation to conversation. You have a great eye for detail Doug.
    Thanks. I'll take that as justification, a compliment and support.

Banned
    That settles it, I am writing your name in. lol
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 11-02-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    That settles it, I am writing your name in. lol
    That's like a "none of the above"! What a great idea. Of course you heard what happened in Alaska's write-in kerfluffle?

McX
    again, i mention i fear we will be whored out by our elected officials to give us CC, then yank your permit if you OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    That's like a "none of the above"! What a great idea. Of course you heard what happened in Alaska's write-in kerfluffle?
    I have not. What happened?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    A judge invented the requirement for a list of approved write-in candidates that was immediately flooded with opportunists diluting the votes of the D'nR party.

Banned

The approved write-in list was instigated by Lisa Murkowski RINO!

http://www.qando.net/?p=9687
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Murkowski
    That somehow or other these are unconstitutional because they’re not enumerated within the powers of the constitution, that somehow or other we should just be eliminating these, I think that is out of the mainstream.