• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC article in Oakland Press on NOV 1 2010

Scooter

The key sentence in this whole story:

" Festival organizers reported record attendance and no major problems at the Labor Day weekend festival."

The fearmongers throw out all kinds of scary ideas of what WILL happen.....then.....nothing happens. Just law-abiding citizens going about their business. You would think the media would just ignore the clowns. I honestly think they are hoping for something bad to happen so they can yell : "SEE! We told you so!"

(grumble, grumble)

WARCHILD

Without all the facts of the case it's hard to judge the circumstances as to why he would plea to a charge of illegal transfer of a firearm when he has a cpl.
Am I missing something?

PDinDetroit

Without all the facts of the case it's hard to judge the circumstances as to why he would plea to a charge of illegal transfer of a firearm when he has a cpl.
Am I missing something?

The article states he had a loaded AK-47 in his trunk. Unless it is a MI Pistol, that is a No-No in Michigan.

Sounds like he may have consented to a search of his vehicle...