• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is who should really be in Washington, not Johnson and not Feingold!

johnny amish

I know the idea of voteing 3rd party seems foolish to some, but I believe we should always vote for the best canidate, not the best canidate to give us what we want. All the republicrates have to offer is poison. True freedom will come when we as a country go back to this nations foundation, the constitution, and neither party wants any part of that.
We spend so much time talking about our constitutional beliefs yet we are willing to sacrifice someone elses freedoms in order to gain our own. I don't mean this as an attempt to piss anybody off. Every election cycle I find myself feeling dissheartned because it is nothing more than a reminder that this country has lost it's direction.

Gov. - James James
Senate - Robert Taylor
3rd Congressional District - Michael Krsiean
Vernon Co. Sherriff - JD Smith

robtaylorforsenate

and in essence helps Feingold

I am far from a "sheeple" and I do take offense at you calling me that. When Mr. Taylor can show me some poll numbers that demonstrate he has a fighting chance of winning, I will support him. At this time, he barely registers in the polls and does not have a prayer. Therefore, any vote for him is a vote wasted and in essence helps Feingold. 3rd party candidates have almost no chance of winning in the U.S. Maybe you can name a few successful ones for me? The only thing they have ever accomplished is getting the wrong guy elected, ever hear of Ross Perot? We have been under a 2 party system for almost all of our history. That may change some day but it will not change by the time voting ends tomorrow. You have to apply a little logic to these things, take the wins you can get and keep trying to improve.

This is what really kills me about the brain washing of the two parties. You don't know how many moderates, independents and democrats who have voted in the past for the democrat candidate are voting for me this time. Can't we get a new playbook here, I am really tired of the same old argument. VOTE with your heart and you really want.

comp45acp

This is what really kills me about the brain washing of the two parties. You don't know how many moderates, independents and democrats who have voted in the past for the democrat candidate are voting for me this time. Can't we get a new playbook here, I am really tired of the same old argument. VOTE with your heart and you really want.

robtaylorforsenate, please name for us some successful 3rd party candidates in WI in the last 50 years. There may be some, I am not aware of any. I am not at all opposed to a viable 3rd party candidate but I need to know they have at least a chance of winning before they get my vote. At this point in time, that is not the case.

J.Gleason

Banned
I am far from a "sheeple" and I do take offense at you calling me that. When Mr. Taylor can show me some poll numbers that demonstrate he has a fighting chance of winning, I will support him. At this time, he barely registers in the polls and does not have a prayer. Therefore, any vote for him is a vote wasted and in essence helps Feingold. 3rd party candidates have almost no chance of winning in the U.S. Maybe you can name a few successful ones for me? The only thing they have ever accomplished is getting the wrong guy elected, ever hear of Ross Perot? We have been under a 2 party system for almost all of our history. That may change some day but it will not change by the time voting ends tomorrow. You have to apply a little logic to these things, take the wins you can get and keep trying to improve.

The sad part here Comp45, is that we all agree with you. The even sadder part is it is all our fault. See, we are all sheeple in that aspect.Because we are all afraid to get away from the two party system. While we all sit back and complain and express our want of a constitutional candidate, we all fail to vote for such a candidate because we can't lose the two party theory. That makes us all sheeple. Instead of voting for what this country needs we vote for the lessor of two evils. What a waste.

Incidently, I voted for Ross Perot and.....everything he said would happen to this country, did. So who should have won? Perot. He was the only one who knew what he was talking about. Kind of sounds like Ron Paul huh?

Last edited:

BJA

Campaign Veteran
Alott of good points in your post Nik. I'll try and help get the ball rolling for a third party candidate next election cycle for sure. Get out and vote everyone! (as if I doubted anyone wasn't going to lol)

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I just noticed that the pro-third party activists are using what looks like real names, while the D'nR advocates aren't. Hhmm...

Hey!

Don't get me wrong. It pisses me off that we don't have real choices. Like Gleason, I voted for Perot. That was the last time I voted my conscience at the national level.

We need to work to get the 3rd party candidates more electable.

johnny amish

The sad part here Comp45, is that we all agree with you. The even sadder part is it is all our fault. See, we are all sheeple in that aspect.Because we are all afraid to get away from the two party system. While we all sit back and complain and express our want of a constitutional candidate, we all fail to vote for such a candidate because we can't lose the two party theory. That makes us all sheeple. Instead of voting for what this country needs we vote for the lessor of two evils. What a waste.

Right on. Everytime we show up at the ballot box there will be a valid reason not to vote a third party. If we don't start now then when? We justify our vote by saying that we voted for the lesser of two evils when the truth is we end up with the evil of the two lessers.

Last edited:

Have Gun - Will Carry

I am far from a "sheeple" and I do take offense at you calling me that.

You're right, that was a poor choice of words on my part - my apologies. What I should have said is, as long as people keep repeating the "wasted vote" theory others will believe it, will give up all hope of changing the status quo, will keep voting for R's & D's, and nothing will ever change. If we want change we need to make it happen through our words and actions, otherwise "wasted votes" will remain a self-perpetuating myth.

We have been under a 2 party system for almost all of our history. That may change some day but it will not change by the time voting ends tomorrow. You have to apply a little logic to these things, take the wins you can get and keep trying to improve.

I never said anything about ending the two-party system by November 2, 2010. This has been and will be a long battle stretching over years, but I won't wait for conditions to improve before I vote for the people I want to represent me.

Have Gun - Will Carry

I agree, and I can't speak to you specifically, but the REAL problem is no one seems to take substantive action until an election.

If you support people with libertarian principles, the time to make a difference is not to wait until the general election and toss your vote to a 3rd party candidate.

I also agree with most everything Nik said, but I need to clarify a couple things.

First, who said I waited until the election and "tossed my vote" on a whim? I've been spreading the gospel of third parties for years, and working to increase awareness and get them elected for years. Just haven't been doing that here - until now.

You can support a 3rd party without voting 3rd party. I joined the LP years ago. They know they have my support if they ever get a candidate with enough support to have a chance.

Take advantage of social media. "numbers matter" and you can show your support LONG before an election by joining the LP OR for FREE (if you don't have $15 or $25 a year to support true freedom) just join their facebook group. That allows you and others to see what kind of support is REALLY out there for liberty minded candidates.

Second, I too joined the Libertarian Party years ago, and I'm a fan of their Facebook pages as well - both national and LPWI. This is nothing new to me, and they have my support...

So YES we need to get true libertarians in office. But we can't drop the reigns in the process.

There is a calculated intelligent way to get libertarians in office and that is by making sure that your support of them is known and documented. By joining the LP whether by official membership or just using free social media, you can add your support to the "number" that people see and know exists so that collectively you'll know (and others like you will know) when you have the critical mass to switch your vote away from a 2-Party vote) and WIN an election, not just throw an election to the WORSER of 2 alternatives.

Third, some of you may have noticed that I previously said "ever since I decided to stop voting for the lesser of two evils in races where the 2 major party candidates are equally evil." I don't consider Feingold and Johnson to be equally evil, just as I don't see Barrett and Walker as being equally evil. To me, enduring six more years with a Democratic U.S. Senator, and four more with a Democratic Governor, is simply unacceptable. I wouldn't take the chance of that happening knowing that I could have done something to prevent it, so I did the only logical thing - held my nose and voted Republican!

However, I live in the 1st Congressional District, where everyone knows Paul Ryan had his re-election all but guaranteed. This left me free to vote my conscience and cast a vote for Libertarian Joe Kexel. Whether he won or not doesn't matter - what matters is that I'm on record as supporting a Libertarian candidate.

This logic may not make sense to everyone, but it serves my purpose and accomplishes what I feel is best, while not allowing Democrats to retain power. Guess what - it worked! Congratulations to Senator Johnson and Governor Walker!

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Some fault resides with the candidate and the 3rd party.

If you want to get elected, a large number of people must know about you before they see your name on the ballot. Money must be spent, doors must be knocked on, adds must be placed, internet support garnered, and media appearances are necessary.

Don't blame everything on the voters who have decided you can't win. There is a reason they think that way, especially when the first many have heard of you was last week.

And, yes, I did vote for one Libertarian party candidate.

Speaking of self avowed libertarians, did anyone notice who ran as a Republican?