• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is who should really be in Washington, not Johnson and not Feingold!

BJA

Campaign Veteran
We need at least a few people like this guy in the U.S senate. I doubt it would happen but...... this is actually who I may vote for instead of Johnson. Just take a look.

http://robtaylorforsenate.com/

"The right to bear arms is inherent in the right of self defense, defense of the family and defense against tyranny conferred on the individual and the community by our Creator to safeguard life, liberty, and property, as well as to help preserve the independence of the nation. I call for the repeal of all federal firearms legislation, beginning with Federal Firearms Act of 1968.

Your trusted Senators and President are going behind your back and will stop at nothing to achieve their agenda. PEOPLE, you must wake up and pay attention. Your rights are being exploited right under your nose. I implore every American to watch, listen, and learn. Read the following web link and judge for yourself what your representatives are doing. Help me fight this deception."

Now this is the best candidate for the U.S senate when it comes to our gun rights! He's willing to stand up and fight, not give some A-B-C Red and Blue statement on the second ammendment. Screw the lesser evil I'm voting for what I BELIEVE IN!

comp45acp

Agreed. Robert was at the Freedom Rally in Janesville a couple weeks ago. Great speaker and I like his adherence to the Constitution.
However, he doesn't have a prayer and to vote for him is just wasting your vote.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
I am voting FOR The Constitution Party U. S. Senate Candidate in Wisconsin ROB TAYLOR.

Every other vote will be a vote AGAINST a tyrant wannabe and/or rectum.

A vote for the lesser of two weevils is more same ol' same-old that brought us Bush-41, Bush-43 and the OBAMAnation. It's more expecting different effects from the same old causes.

Last edited:

anmut

I am voting FOR The Constitution Party U. S. Senate Candidate in Wisconsin ROB TAYLOR.

Every other vote will be a vote AGAINST a tyrant wannabe and/or rectum.

A vote for the lesser of two weevils is more same ol' same-old that brought us Bush-41, Bush-43 and the OBAMAnation. It's more expecting different effects from the same old causes.

I see the process in steps. You'll never convince the majority to go from one side all the way to the exact opposite (no matter how right the "opposite" actually is) without some steps in the middle. Johnson is that step. I also look forward to voting him out for someone more in tune with the Constitution - but for right now there is no way we can afford to stay stagnant or go backwards.

In WI, I think it would be just be easier to eliminate Milwaukee and Madison from our state and hand them to the liberals in IL. Those two cities don't represent real WI and they never will.

J.Gleason

Banned
Listen to the Sheeple, bah bah bah.
Change will happen unless you make it happen.
Look at all of the people in this country who were willing to give Obama a chance. He got in. Why can't that happen for Rob Taylor? It can unless you vote for the other two.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Agreed. Robert was at the Freedom Rally in Janesville a couple weeks ago. Great speaker and I like his adherence to the Constitution.
However, he doesn't have a prayer and to vote for him is just wasting your vote.

I respectfully disagree. How can a vote for someone who believes in the same thing we do, be "wasted"? I've been countering this logic for years, ever since I decided to stop voting for the "lesser of two evils" in races where when the 2 major party candidates are equally evil.

No offense meant Comp45, but as long as sheeple keep parroting the "wasted vote" theory, nothing will ever change! That's what got us into this mess in the first place!

Imagine a country (and a state) where the R's & D's are held to their ideals and campaign promises by respected third-party officeholders who expose their flouting of the Constitution for the power-grab it really is... Screw "bipartisanship" - what we need to get this country back on track is tripartisanship, or better yet, multipartisanship. Only then will we begin to see real change.

IMHO, voting for the status quo is the most effective way to waste your vote.

phred

So,the third party doesn't get in because he came in third. The guy you DID NOT want to get in came in first because the lesser evil didn't get the votes taken by the third party person.

Result: Status quo

The third party needs to get stronger BEFORE it can get into the match/war. It needs to get strong enough to win. Otherwise it is a loss.

Have Gun - Will Carry

So,the third party doesn't get in because he came in third. The guy you DID NOT want to get in came in first because the lesser evil didn't get the votes taken by the third party person.

Result: Status quo

The third party needs to get stronger BEFORE it can get into the match/war. It needs to get strong enough to win. Otherwise it is a loss.

And therein lies the catch-22. How can a third party ever get stronger as long as everyone keeps voting for R's & D's because "the other guy doesn't have a chance"?

Sooner or later enough people will be fed up with the current mess and see that the "two-party system" is the root cause of most of our problems. Hopefully that will occur before we get to the point of a shooting war...

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
And therein lies the catch-22. How can a third party ever get stronger as long as everyone keeps voting for R's & D's because "the other guy doesn't have a chance"?

Sooner or later enough people will be fed up with the current mess and see that the "two-party system" is the root cause of most of our problems. Hopefully that will occur before we get to the point of a shooting war...

When you get a tight race between the two major parties, votes for indepenmdents split the vote and it leads to one of the two majors taking a landslide win

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

When you get a tight race between the two major parties, votes for independents split the vote and it leads to one of the two majors taking a landslide win. Take a look at the AK guber race right now to see what I am speaking of.

How about all the people who continually vote for Nader, what has that accomplished?

comp45acp

I respectfully disagree. How can a vote for someone who believes in the same thing we do, be "wasted"? I've been countering this logic for years, ever since I decided to stop voting for the "lesser of two evils" in races where when the 2 major party candidates are equally evil.

No offense meant Comp45, but as long as sheeple keep parroting the "wasted vote" theory, nothing will ever change! That's what got us into this mess in the first place!

Imagine a country (and a state) where the R's & D's are held to their ideals and campaign promises by respected third-party officeholders who expose their flouting of the Constitution for the power-grab it really is... Screw "bipartisanship" - what we need to get this country back on track is tripartisanship, or better yet, multipartisanship. Only then will we begin to see real change.

I am far from a "sheeple" and I do take offense at you calling me that. When Mr. Taylor can show me some poll numbers that demonstrate he has a fighting chance of winning, I will support him. At this time, he barely registers in the polls and does not have a prayer. Therefore, any vote for him is a vote wasted and in essence helps Feingold. 3rd party candidates have almost no chance of winning in the U.S. Maybe you can name a few successful ones for me? The only thing they have ever accomplished is getting the wrong guy elected, ever hear of Ross Perot? We have been under a 2 party system for almost all of our history. That may change some day but it will not change by the time voting ends tomorrow. You have to apply a little logic to these things, take the wins you can get and keep trying to improve.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Sooner or later enough people will be fed up with the current mess and see that the "two-party system" is the root cause of most of our problems.

I agree, and I can't speak to you specifically, but the REAL problem is no one seems to take substantive action until an election.

If you support people with libertarian principles, the time to make a difference is not to wait until the general election and toss your vote to a 3rd party candidate.

You can support a 3rd party without voting 3rd party. I joined the LP years ago. They know they have my support if they ever get a candidate with enough support to have a chance.

Take advantage of social media. "numbers matter" and you can show your support LONG before an election by joining the LP OR for FREE (if you don't have $15 or $25 a year to support true freedom) just join their facebook group. That allows you and others to see what kind of support is REALLY out there for liberty minded candidates.

If you can see that a facebook group for a 3rd party candidate has 5000 members and perhaps they are a state-level race where 5000 votes usually wins the seat, THEN you can make a confident push to vote in a 3rd party candidate.

So if you are pro-3rd party, you need to make sure you are networked with other pro 3rd party people so that you can gauge the true level of support you have and so OTHERS know how much support you have and don't feel like they are voting for a candidate who can't win.

Having said all that I'll be honest... I've been reading the "issues" section of lots of the "non-front runner" candidates this past election cycle. Those for governor, those for senate. I don't see any libertarians. Just more republicans who hold libertarian beliefs on 1 or 2 specific issues but are pretty much carbon copy of the republicans on all others, but doesn't have enough support to get the republican party nod, so they go 3rd party to attract the "rebellious" vote.

But again, the effective path to get a 3rd party candidate in office without flushing our countries future in the process is to get active WAY before elections and join and network with REAL principled liberty-based groups so you can see the hard numbers of what support you have an make intelligent strategic decisions about when you have enough critical mass to win an election.

I'll remind you all that both Heller and McDonald were 5-4 decisions.

You may not like voting for the lesser of 2 evils, but I've got news for you. Supreme court appointments are FOR LIFE and massive entitlement programs like Obamacare become exponentially more difficult to repeal once people become dependent upon them.

If a couple more libertarians who voted for Bush voted for Gore, Heller and McDonald would NOT have been in our favor. Gore would have been elected and he would have stacked the court with anti-gun liberals who have LIFETIME appointments

Look at social security. Once FDR rolled that massive freedom sapping entitlement down the mountain it was impossible to stop and look at it now. Huge segments of the population are 100% dependent on it.

What happens when Obamacare destroys private insurance and private healthcare. When people become DEPENDENT on the government for their healthcare. How will you convince people to vote to get rid of a program the majority of americans will be dependent upon for something as basic and critical as medical care.

So YES we need to get true libertarians in office. But we can't drop the reigns in the process.

There is a calculated intelligent way to get libertarians in office and that is by making sure that your support of them is known and documented. By joining the LP whether by official membership or just using free social media, you can add your support to the "number" that people see and know exists so that collectively you'll know (and others like you will know) when you have the critical mass to switch your vote away from a 2-Party vote) and WIN an election, not just throw an election to the WORSER of 2 alternatives.

In the meantime, what you'll also find is that more and more people become readily identifiable with TRUE liberty, you'll find the main-stream party (republicans/democrat) will begin to shift as well to a more freedom minded platform.

Lastly. the one other thing you will find when you have REALLY adopted libertarian principles is that there are MILLIONS of other people who SEEM to be libertarians as well. But most of them are "libertarians but" They believe in almost every true-freedom principle except one or two. And unfortunately, you either believe in freedom or you don't. There is no middle ground.

The issue you accept less than true freedom in your beliefs corresponds to a different issue someone else who claims to believe in freedom is a hold-out on. The number of people who REALLY believe in freedom ACROSS THE BOARD is not as many as you'd think.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I won't quote Nik but WOW!!!!

+1

A vote for anyone besides Johnson or Walker tomorrow does not move the ball forward, 2A wise.

Work on getting the 3rd party candidate stronger for the next election.