Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relinquish your firearm - not so funny when it happens to a LEO

Relinquish your firearm - not so funny when it happens to a LEO

Violate the constitutional rights of the citizens of WI and that's okay, but when it comes to an officer's rights being tromped on, well that's different!

http://www.bangordailynews.com/story...-weapon,157603

SNIP:
    One of the election officials told Dearing he couldn’t bring his gun inside. The officer said he thought it was a joke.

Election warden Wayne Mallar then approached Dearing and reiterated the request: Turn over your weapon to another officer or we can’t let you vote.

Dearing refused.

“I would never relinquish my weapon,” the officer said later.

Mallar stood his ground.

The officer said he left the civic center Friday feeling embarrassed and insulted. Dearing posted details of the incident on his Facebook page late Friday and immediately began receiving strong responses.

“One fellow officer, who is stationed in Iraq, said ‘What am I over here fighting for?’” Dearing said.

McX
    what is good for the goose, is good for the gander. stay out of those school zones too!

"Officer's Rights"...don't get me started.

above the law......
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Perhaps everyone should be able to carry where and when the please.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    if everyone carried where and when they please crime might go down and cops jobs might be in jeopardy heaven forbid we lose our police protection lol
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 11-01-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: duh

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    if everyone carried where and when they please crime might go down and cops jobs might be in jeopardy heaven forbid we lose are police protection lol
    Then they'll write more speeding tickets...for safety. Oops, that's off topic. Let's go back to our regular scheduled programming.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Either we are equal or we are not.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...63#post1390763
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Darn. That could not happen to a nicer guy.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    if everyone carried where and when they please crime might go down and cops jobs might be in jeopardy heaven forbid we lose are police protection lol
    i firmly believe that is why the cops gang up on us so; they know we dont need them, they are not absolute Gods to us, as they have duped the public into beleiving. We know what and how useful they are, and that just galls them to no end. How dare us! that we might take the same measures to protect ourselves as they do, that we can walk through society unfearing for the most part. how dare us!

yuppers mcx i think so as well thats whyi said it
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 11-01-2010 at 01:56 PM.

SNIP:
    "The officer said he left the civic center Friday feeling embarrassed and insulted. Dearing posted details of the incident on his Facebook page late Friday and immediately began receiving strong responses."

I think I feel a tear coming on... nope, just a bird flying over..
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Open Carry while voting

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Violate the constitutional rights of the citizens of WI and that's okay, but when it comes to an officer's rights being tromped on, well that's different!

http://www.bangordailynews.com/story...-weapon,157603

SNIP:
    One of the election officials told Dearing he couldn’t bring his gun inside. The officer said he thought it was a joke.

Election warden Wayne Mallar then approached Dearing and reiterated the request: Turn over your weapon to another officer or we can’t let you vote.

Dearing refused.

“I would never relinquish my weapon,” the officer said later.

Mallar stood his ground.

The officer said he left the civic center Friday feeling embarrassed and insulted. Dearing posted details of the incident on his Facebook page late Friday and immediately began receiving strong responses.

“One fellow officer, who is stationed in Iraq, said ‘What am I over here fighting for?’” Dearing said.
    Is anyone going to open carry while voting tomorrow? could the building you cast your vote in considered a government building? If not I'll be voting while ocing.

Don

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    Is anyone going to open carry while voting tomorrow? could the building you cast your vote in considered a government building? If not I'll be voting while ocing. Don
    Just because it's a polling place? No. But many polling places are schools or community facilities of some sort.

My polling place is in the Community Center and maybe ten yards from the school property.

both of my polling places(Sikh Temple and County Fairgrounds) are either right next to or across the street from a school....
    Last edited by Coded-Dude; 11-01-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Mine is in a fire station and before it was moved there, it was in a school.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Perhaps everyone should be able to carry where and when the please.
    Wow! You might have something there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    both of my polling places(Sikh Temple and County Fairgrounds) are either right next to or across the street from a school....
    So? Private property is exempt from the GFSZ.

no, although i'm certain the Sikh temple would frown upon or otherwise request that no weapons be allowed on their property. I could probably carry at the fairgrounds, but i think i'll just leave my gun at home tomorrow.

hmmm....

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    hmmm....

I like..... Carry On!

aaaaaaaawwe poor wittle pawice man, couldn't go take take care of personal business on taxpayer time and carry his gun toooooo. Yep, sucks to walk the other side of the line sometimes.
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 11-01-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    SNIP:
    "The officer said he left the civic center Friday feeling embarrassed and insulted. Dearing posted details of the incident on his Facebook page late Friday and immediately began receiving strong responses."
    Just so long as he made it home safe at the end of his shift. Nothing else matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    i'm certain the Sikh temple would frown upon or otherwise request that no weapons be allowed on their property.
    Aren't Sikhs the ones who are required to carry a dagger? IIRC it's a symbol of their struggle with something. But if they're carrying, why can't other people?

(After a short search...) Yeah, it's called a kirpan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirpan
    But I was wrong about the struggle part.
    "all baptised Sikhs must wear a kirpan at all times. Historically, the kirpan was a defensive weapon..."
    "Kirpan literally means 'weapon of defence' "

"A Sikh's religion forbids the use the kirpan in anger or for a malicious attack. However, a Sikh may use it as a weapon for self-defence or to protect a person in need."

"The kirpan is both a defensive weapon and a symbol. Physically it is an instrument of "ahimsa" or non-violence. The principle of ahimsa is to actively prevent violence, not to simply stand by idly whilst violence is being done. To that end, the kirpan is a tool to be used to prevent violence from being done to a defenseless person when all other means to do so have failed. Symbolically, the kirpan represents the power of truth to cut through untruth"

Wow. Sounds a lot like what I hear us say our guns are supposed to be for.

nope my sidearm is just to look cool and be part of the cool crowd(sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Wow. Sounds a lot like what I hear us say our guns are supposed to be for.
    So.... they open carry for the deterrent effect.

Carry on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast