• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Relinquish your firearm - not so funny when it happens to a LEO

anmut

Violate the constitutional rights of the citizens of WI and that's okay, but when it comes to an officer's rights being tromped on, well that's different!

http://www.bangordailynews.com/stor...ote-after-refusing-to-surrender-weapon,157603

SNIP:
One of the election officials told Dearing he couldn’t bring his gun inside. The officer said he thought it was a joke.

Election warden Wayne Mallar then approached Dearing and reiterated the request: Turn over your weapon to another officer or we can’t let you vote.

Dearing refused.

“I would never relinquish my weapon,” the officer said later.

Mallar stood his ground.

The officer said he left the civic center Friday feeling embarrassed and insulted. Dearing posted details of the incident on his Facebook page late Friday and immediately began receiving strong responses.

“One fellow officer, who is stationed in Iraq, said ‘What am I over here fighting for?’” Dearing said.

M

McX

what is good for the goose, is good for the gander. stay out of those school zones too!

oliverclotheshoff

if everyone carried where and when they please crime might go down and cops jobs might be in jeopardy heaven forbid we lose our police protection lol

Last edited:

protias

if everyone carried where and when they please crime might go down and cops jobs might be in jeopardy heaven forbid we lose are police protection lol
Then they'll write more speeding tickets...for safety. Oops, that's off topic. Let's go back to our regular scheduled programming.

M

McX

if everyone carried where and when they please crime might go down and cops jobs might be in jeopardy heaven forbid we lose are police protection lol

i firmly believe that is why the cops gang up on us so; they know we dont need them, they are not absolute Gods to us, as they have duped the public into beleiving. We know what and how useful they are, and that just galls them to no end. How dare us! that we might take the same measures to protect ourselves as they do, that we can walk through society unfearing for the most part. how dare us!

Krusty

SNIP:
"The officer said he left the civic center Friday feeling embarrassed and insulted. Dearing posted details of the incident on his Facebook page late Friday and immediately began receiving strong responses."

I think I feel a tear coming on... nope, just a bird flying over.. :)

LOERetired

Open Carry while voting

Violate the constitutional rights of the citizens of WI and that's okay, but when it comes to an officer's rights being tromped on, well that's different!

http://www.bangordailynews.com/stor...ote-after-refusing-to-surrender-weapon,157603

SNIP:
One of the election officials told Dearing he couldn’t bring his gun inside. The officer said he thought it was a joke.

Election warden Wayne Mallar then approached Dearing and reiterated the request: Turn over your weapon to another officer or we can’t let you vote.

Dearing refused.

“I would never relinquish my weapon,” the officer said later.

Mallar stood his ground.

The officer said he left the civic center Friday feeling embarrassed and insulted. Dearing posted details of the incident on his Facebook page late Friday and immediately began receiving strong responses.

“One fellow officer, who is stationed in Iraq, said ‘What am I over here fighting for?’” Dearing said.

Is anyone going to open carry while voting tomorrow? could the building you cast your vote in considered a government building? If not I'll be voting while ocing.

Don

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Is anyone going to open carry while voting tomorrow? could the building you cast your vote in considered a government building? If not I'll be voting while ocing. Don
Just because it's a polling place? No. But many polling places are schools or community facilities of some sort.

My polling place is in the Community Center and maybe ten yards from the school property.

Coded-Dude

both of my polling places(Sikh Temple and County Fairgrounds) are either right next to or across the street from a school....:banghead:

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

no, although i'm certain the Sikh temple would frown upon or otherwise request that no weapons be allowed on their property. I could probably carry at the fairgrounds, but i think i'll just leave my gun at home tomorrow.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
hmmm....

Clothes_dont_make_a_man.jpg