• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The following was posted on another board

eye95

The following quote was posted on ALOC. It so impressed me with its professionalism and responsibility that I need to share it here. It is in response to an unlawful stop by an ALOC member and his friend.

Before the day is over I will be sure that all sworn personnel are up to speed on this issue. You should not encounter a similar situation again within the city limits of Mountain Brook.

Chief Johnny E. Stanley
Mountain Brook Police Department
100 Tibbett Street
Mountain Brook, Alabama 35213
(205) 802-3852
(205) 879-1139 (Fax)
stanleyj@mtnbrook.org
154th Session FBINA

Thank you, Chief Stanley. You epitomize what law enforcement should be.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The York County, Va. Sheriff Danny Diggs is held in similar high esteem.
icon14.png

He is extremely supportive of our RKBA and OC. He has spoken at local dinners. :D

since9

Campaign Veteran
The York County, Va. Sheriff Danny Diggs is held in similar high esteem.
icon14.png

He is extremely supportive of our RKBA and OC. He has spoken at local dinners. :D

Dear Danny Diggs:

I, as an American who chose to put my life on the line as my means of military service, do thank you, wholheartedly, for the fact that both I and those serving under my command, hereby agree to adhereby the va agreements obtained.

As a former resident of our great state, I moved out in 88 having graduated va, but don't you others go omongst youselves with respect you might take us to where we should be as a nation. We yet a a good deal to offer!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sheriff Diggs was kind enough and involved enough to speak publicly before all Virginians at the Lobby Day rally on Jan 17th. He is the real deal - honest, candid and forthright. He has earned my respect and thanks.

sheriffwebpic.jpg

J.D. "Danny" Diggs, Sheriff

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Sheriff Diggs was kind enough and involved enough to speak publicly before all Virginians at the Lobby Day rally on Jan 17th. He is the real deal - honest, candid and forthright. He has earned my respect and thanks.

sheriffwebpic.jpg

J.D. "Danny" Diggs, Sheriff

Ok, let me clean that up a touch:

Dear Sheriff Diggs:

I, as an American who chose to put my life on the line via military service, and having served in combat, do thank you, wholeheartedly, for the fact that both I and those serving under my command, hereby agree to adhere by the VA agreements aforementioned.

As a former resident of your great state, having moved out in 88 after graduating Virginia Tech, and after having lived in Virginia for 9 full years, hope you and others omongst you will continue to help take us to where we should be as a nation, but ever hopefully beginning on the basis of the law of our land, our Constitution.

You may find we have yet a good deal to offer!

I'd like to say, "there, how's that?" Grapeshot, but I can't. It's my best, from my heart. As I learned from my 12th-grade history teacher (VA), there comes a time when our standards become our own. We must live up to them, and sometimes fight or die by them. I'd like to think I picked some pretty good standards, though I cribbed more than a few from my Dad. He also served in the military, and longer than I did.

Last edited: