• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uniformed LEO denied right to vote for OCing on duty

mahkagari

Editorial from Bangor Daily News about this incident. Not bad until he gets to the final paragraph.

Very incongruous. Almost reads like it was tacked on by a sloppy editor after the story was filed. The actions of the warden are dumb beyond belief. There was another officer on duty there, but this one couldn't wear his duty weapon....why? And did he need to hand over anything else on his belt?

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I rarely call anyone an idiot, and never without grave and highly substantiated reason.

Warden Wayne Mallar is an idiot.

If you call me on my statement, I'll offer you 10 detailed clarifications, all of which are centered upon our U.S. Constitution and the laws comprising the outgrowth thereof.

Regardless, for now, he's simply an idiot.