Thread: 10th district folks.. get in here.

Question 10th district folks.. get in here.

So.. I will be going to the polls tomorrow, and as a resident of the 10th district, I have to chose between the following 3 folks.

D: Barnett
    R: Wolf
    L: Redpath

I'm Def. not voting Dem.. so scratch Mr. Barnett off. I looked at the VCDL 2010 Federal Survey Results, and I am not pleased the Wolf did not take the time to even answer it, and that RedPath *thinks* he supports the constitution, but does not fully (in my opinion, and according the the VCDL Survey)

( http://www.vcdl.org/surveys/Survey_R...0_Federal.html )

I also read somewhere that Wolf voted 'No' on the repeal of Washington DC's Gun laws.

So.. it looks like that episode of South Park where they satire the candidates by saying you either have to choose a '*********' or a 'Poop Sandwich'

Any other candidates out there that I should also be considering?
    Last edited by Walt_Kowalski; 11-02-2010 at 11:44 AM.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Why so hesitant to vote Libertarian?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Angry

For the same reason everyone else who doesn't vote (I) or (C) or (IG) or (L): it's not a vote for that candidate, it's a vote against the (D) or (R) candidate.

There is too much party politicking and it has destroyed the republican process by providing access to debates, media and municipal representation and fair time to all comers.

It immediately sways the uneducated to either the (D) or the (R) candidate and, in many cases, the others don't even show up on the official ballots which I am pretty sure is a violation of election procedures.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Kowalski View Post
    So.. it looks like that episode of South Park where they satire the candidates by saying you either have to choose a '*********' or a [Moderator Edited for Terms of Service Violation] Sandwich'
    Sums it up quite well. I need to pay attention during the primary next time.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Hard to be enthusiastic for any of them. Barnett is an unknown, Wolf B+ from the NRA, D- from the GOA, Redpath would ban assault weapons and .50s. I'm leaning towards voting strategically and keeping the seat R to change majorities in house on the chance that would be good for our gun rights. Yeah I know that hasn't always worked out for us. Second to working harder in the primaries next time to get someone better for us.

I agree with longwatch - better the devil you know....

Quote Originally Posted by longwatch View Post
    Hard to be enthusiastic for any of them. Barnett is an unknown, Wolf B+ from the NRA, D- from the GOA, Redpath would ban assault weapons and .50s. I'm leaning towards voting strategically and keeping the seat R to change majorities in house on the chance that would be good for our gun rights. Yeah I know that hasn't always worked out for us. Second to working harder in the primaries next time to get someone better for us.

I voted for Wolf. Voting for the 3rd party candidate is a waste of a vote IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    I voted for Wolf. Voting for the 3rd party candidate is a waste of a vote IMO.
    I would have voted for Wolf. I almost wrote in 'Mickey Mouse' But I voted (L) as a message to Wolf, I hope he looks at each of the (L) votes as a lost vote to him. I would have voted for him if he would protect and uphold the constitution, like he was sworn to do.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

I voted for Frank Wolf, but the machine changed my vote to Harry Reid. LOL. Just kidding, I voted Wolf.

U.S. Congress Virginia - 61% of 205 Reporting
    Frank Wolf * 87,042 66%
    Jeffery Barnett 41,671 32%
    William Redpath 2,889 2%
    Last edited by hunter45; 11-02-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    I voted for Frank and know him. I am working on him to improve his gun thinking with us, NRA, VCDL and GOA.

At his Victory party tonight.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)