• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10th district folks.. get in here.

Walt_Kowalski

So.. I will be going to the polls tomorrow, and as a resident of the 10th district, I have to chose between the following 3 folks.

D: Barnett
R: Wolf
L: Redpath

I'm Def. not voting Dem.. so scratch Mr. Barnett off. I looked at the VCDL 2010 Federal Survey Results, and I am not pleased the Wolf did not take the time to even answer it, and that RedPath *thinks* he supports the constitution, but does not fully (in my opinion, and according the the VCDL Survey)

( http://www.vcdl.org/surveys/Survey_Results_2010_Federal.html )

I also read somewhere that Wolf voted 'No' on the repeal of Washington DC's Gun laws.

So.. it looks like that episode of South Park where they satire the candidates by saying you either have to choose a 'Douchebag' or a 'Poop Sandwich'

Any other candidates out there that I should also be considering?

Last edited:

wylde007

For the same reason everyone else who doesn't vote (I) or (C) or (IG) or (L): it's not a vote for that candidate, it's a vote against the (D) or (R) candidate.

There is too much party politicking and it has destroyed the republican process by providing access to debates, media and municipal representation and fair time to all comers.

It immediately sways the uneducated to either the (D) or the (R) candidate and, in many cases, the others don't even show up on the official ballots which I am pretty sure is a violation of election procedures.

lax

So.. it looks like that episode of South Park where they satire the candidates by saying you either have to choose a 'Douchebag' or a [Moderator Edited for Terms of Service Violation] Sandwich'

Sums it up quite well. I need to pay attention during the primary next time.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Hard to be enthusiastic for any of them. Barnett is an unknown, Wolf B+ from the NRA, D- from the GOA, Redpath would ban assault weapons and .50s. I'm leaning towards voting strategically and keeping the seat R to change majorities in house on the chance that would be good for our gun rights. Yeah I know that hasn't always worked out for us. Second to working harder in the primaries next time to get someone better for us.

Floyd

I agree with longwatch - better the devil you know....

Hard to be enthusiastic for any of them. Barnett is an unknown, Wolf B+ from the NRA, D- from the GOA, Redpath would ban assault weapons and .50s. I'm leaning towards voting strategically and keeping the seat R to change majorities in house on the chance that would be good for our gun rights. Yeah I know that hasn't always worked out for us. Second to working harder in the primaries next time to get someone better for us.

Walt_Kowalski

I voted for Wolf. Voting for the 3rd party candidate is a waste of a vote IMO.

I would have voted for Wolf. I almost wrote in 'Mickey Mouse' But I voted (L) as a message to Wolf, I hope he looks at each of the (L) votes as a lost vote to him. I would have voted for him if he would protect and uphold the constitution, like he was sworn to do.

hunter45

U.S. Congress Virginia - 61% of 205 Reporting
Frank Wolf * 87,042 66%
Jeffery Barnett 41,671 32%
William Redpath 2,889 2%

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I voted for Frank and know him. I am working on him to improve his gun thinking with us, NRA, VCDL and GOA.
edfrank.jpg

At his Victory party tonight.