• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Norfolk City Council Super Ward 7

jermflux

For those who are interested, I emailed all who were running for this position. All seem to be mostly backed my those on the more liberall side. I got only one response as of this post and she sent it out first thing this morning to me around 7:46AM. Her response sure is better than nothing at all:

ME:
Before I vote on Tuesday, I would like to know where you stand on Second Amendment rights
for law abiding citizens. Do guns kill people, or do guns save lives?

Respectfully,
Edward *****
Norfolk, VA 23502

HER:
I'm not sure if guns kill people or save lives. However, I am a strong believer in the 2nd Amendment rights for law abiding citizens. I strongly believe in responsible gun ownership and the legal right of law abiding citizens to own them!!!

I hope this helps you and I sincerely hope I can count on your vote tomorrow. If you have anything else, email me or feel free to call me at 237-****. Have a wonderful week.

Angelia
Sent by BlackBerry, available from NTELOS Wireless

jermflux

I agree, I am not thrilled about some of the wording that she chose to use, it was still a response nontheless.

TFred

You probably don't want to hear this, but your question provided her with 80% of the answer. You told her what you wanted to hear, and she obliged.

What would be interesting to know would be her response to this question, similar in essence, but worded from a different perspective:

Before I vote on Tuesday, I would like to know where you stand on Gun Control. What role does gun control play in an overall strategy to reduce crime and violence in our city?​

TFred

45acpForMe

Even Chuck Schumer "supports" the 2nd ammendment in his own mind!

That is why the VCDL survey is better than accepting them at their word.

Enemies of the 2A will "support" it while they work behind the scenes to erode its foundations, at which time they will let go and let it collapse.

jermflux

Well, she is still the only one who actually responded out of 5. if I'm going to vote, it's going to be for someone who at least cares to write back, twice now. I like the wording of Tfred's better than mine. I will remember that for the future. Maybe someone else from here could use that and see what kind of responce they get? I would be interested to find out.

Edit:
She responded to me twice, and she sent me an invitation to her victory party as well if she wins. At that point, we will get a firm handle on where she stands because I have decided I WILL go to the party, and I WILL be exercising my rights.

Last edited:

colorado slick

colorado slick

Never trust a person who is running for office.
Now! I have a question. Does Indiana permit open carry or are they just concealed carry?

Colorado

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well.....she doesn't burn your eyes out but can't compare to Krystal Ball.

Who knows what her answer means.

pic.php