• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This Weeks OC Events in the South Bay

hgreen

Here is a reminder about upcoming open carry events that you might like to attend.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Meeting

This Thursday is the South Bay Members Council of the NRA regular meeting. It is open carry friendly and always a good opportunity to meet fellow 2A supporters. This meeting will probably focus on results of tomorrows elections.

When: Thursday, 11/4 7pm
Where:
American Legion Hall Post 184
412 S. Camino Real
Redondo Beach, CA

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165404916817610

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robeks Juice OC Lunch

This Sunday we will hold an open carry event at the Robeks Juice in El Segundo. An employee there has organized this event for us and will be providing all SBOCers with discounts. This is a perfect event to meet other OCers and bring new people to teach them about open carry. Please come show that we support businesses that support our 2A rights.

When: Sunday, 11/7 12pm
Where:
Robeks Juice
530 N Sepulveda Blvd # A
El Segundo, CA

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=144817882231303

Last edited:

ryanburbridge

Hey Green.

My wife kids and I will be heading out to meet up with you guys after church. You think you guys will be around for a while? If so we will see you there.

ryanburbridge

Another great meet up thanks to HGreen A+

Wife kids and I had a very nice time today. We meet up at Robeks. Store manager was very friendly and enjoyed having us at the store. Store manager also said he would like to attend future events if he's off work. The store owner seemed nice but wanted to remain very neutral when it came to UOC. I can kind of understand.

After we left we headed to Ammo Bros. I was UOC and when I went to the counter to ask about a holster for my wife. The gunsmith asked me if my "shield" was showing. I told him I was not LEO just an armed citizen. He looked very puzzled. After a few minutes of looking at the handguns at the counter the owner came up to me and started asking a lot of questions. it was almost closing time so not a lot of customers. About four other employees stood around asking questions. Turns out I am the very first person to UOC into his store. After about 45 min i had to run. Overall all the employees (who are armed, some LEO) seemed supportive. The owner had only recently heard about UOC because some group made the news when they attended a fair in the south bay area. Hint Hint. I would recommend this store if you want to UOC and shop for gun stuff. Be prepared to answer questions.

HGreen if you are looking for some OC friendly LEO you may contact Ammo Bros as they have a large LEO customer base and are pro gun.