Thread: Delaware Protective Oder Fail

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Delaware Protective Oder Fail

Why would you need a gun at home?

Man climbs in 3rd story window and proceeds to beat his ex-wife. The protective order didn't stop him.
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ts-ex-husband/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

She sounds like a tough cookie.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    She sounds like a tough cookie.
    I'd say he underestimated her and there is no do over.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thumbs up protection order

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I'd say he underestimated her and there is no do over.
    A lot of the comments correctly point out that all the paperwork does is to allow the PD to arrest AFTER the fact...often after someone's been badly hurt, or worse.

Good for her.
    I'm sure it took a lot of documented abuse to get that restraining order, and there was plenty more undocumented abuse before that.
    Now she knows he will never harm her again.

What gets me is the line about "no charges have been filed, but police are still investigating".
    They KNOW he broke the restraining order before, they KNOW he'd been violent to her before, they KNOW he broke into the house that night, they KNOW he beat her... what the h3|| are they talking about charging her with?!?!?

Many long years ago, I worked with a man who regularly beat his wife to the point that she sickened and died. No charges were ever filed because the local DA said that he couldn't prove the beatings caused the death.

Fast forward two years: He met a girl where we worked and wound up marrying her. Soon as they got back from the honeymoon, he started in on, "If you do this, I'm going to beat the crap out of you" etc.,etc.

She stopped him in mid-tirade by asking him to wait just a minute. She went into their bedroom and came back with a .38 revolver which she stuck up his left nostril. She then told him, very sweetly, "You beat one wife to death, you S.O.B, but if you ever raise a hand to me, I'll scatter your brains all over the ceiling!"

Last I heard, some thirty years ago, they still had a happy marriage because he can't find where she hid the gun.

Any male (he ain't a man) who would hit a woman, much less beat her, deserves whatever she is able to dish out. I just wish more women would do this to abusive males.

Centurion
    My father tells a story about a situation he was in as a youth being picked on by 2 girls who didn't know my grandmother was privy to the situation....

Grandmother called my father over and gently told him to "never hit a lady-- if she hits you first, she ain't no lady!"

My father's problems with those girls ended that day.

And I have never seen him raise in hand in anger toward any woman!

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Many long years ago, I worked with a man who regularly beat his wife to the point that she sickened and died. No charges were ever filed because the local DA said that he couldn't prove the beatings caused the death.

Fast forward two years: He met a girl where we worked and wound up marrying her. Soon as they got back from the honeymoon, he started in on, "If you do this, I'm going to beat the crap out of you" etc.,etc.

She stopped him in mid-tirade by asking him to wait just a minute. She went into their bedroom and came back with a .38 revolver which she stuck up his left nostril. She then told him, very sweetly, "You beat one wife to death, you S.O.B, but if you ever raise a hand to me, I'll scatter your brains all over the ceiling!"

Last I heard, some thirty years ago, they still had a happy marriage because he can't find where she hid the gun.

Any male (he ain't a man) who would hit a woman, much less beat her, deserves whatever she is able to dish out. I just wish more women would do this to abusive males.

I think this woman must have rocks in her head to marry a man that she KNEW was an abuser. Why would any woman want to be married to someone that she had to protect herself against?!?
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    My father tells a story about a situation he was in as a youth being picked on by 2 girls who didn't know my grandmother was privy to the situation....

Grandmother called my father over and gently told him to "never hit a lady-- if she hits you first, she ain't no lady!"

My father's problems with those girls ended that day.

And I have never seen him raise in hand in anger toward any woman!
    I have this agreement with females. Do not hit me and I will not hit you. I do not condone males beating on females nor do I condone the reverse.

I have not raised a fist to a female since about 6 years old. Though I did spank one in class when I was a JR in HS. After warning her about the consequences of her behavior several times. She just would not listen.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

I concur, OCW. If a woman hits me, then she is fair game. Though generally they get a couple warnings first. But no one ever listens.