• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many spare magizane do you carry

how many spare Magizanes do you carry

Votes: 12 29.3%

Votes: 17 41.5%

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Shane28

How many spare magazines do you carry

How many spare magazines do you carry I usally carry 3.

Sorry i cant spell.

Last edited:

oak1971

Depends on the weapon. My Glock 17 holds 18+1 rounds. My Les Baer and Dan Wesson Valor 1911's are 8+1. My Sig 226 is 18+1. My Kahr MK9 is only 6+1. My Sig 220 is 8+1 again.

Shane28

Depends on the weapon. My Glock 17 holds 18+1 rounds. My Les Baer and Dan Wesson Valor 1911's are 8+1. My Sig 226 is 18+1. My Kahr MK9 is only 6+1. My Sig 220 is 8+1 again.

well how many magazines for each than?

MKEgal

My Glock 17 holds 18+1 rounds.

How'd you manage that? Mine only holds 17 +1. :D
Common error - the lower numbers are on the right side of the stack.
(In fact, the police reports from my 04JUL incident insist that I had 18-round magazines, even though Glock makes no such beast.)

As to the poll, I have 1 loaded extra in the carrying case, because
a) my current holster doesn't have a place to carry an extra
and
b) if I can't get myself out of immediate danger with 18 shots, I'm someplace I shouldn't be.
That's one of the reasons I got the G17 - high capacity.

Have occasionally thought about making a case for the second magazine, to carry in a pocket.

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
(In fact, the police reports from my 04JUL incident insist that I had 18-round magazines, even though Glock makes no such beast.)

No, but buying a magazine extender to add a round or two isn't uncommon. I have Pearce extenders on my mags for the Glock 27 giving them a capacity of 10 rounds instead of the usual 9.

I have a 32 round Glock mag also! :)

Last edited:
M

McX

so Shotgun, answering the question; how many extra mags do you carry? your response is; all of them?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
so Shotgun, answering the question; how many extra mags do you carry? your response is; all of them?

No, that would be rather heavy and awkward! I have magazine pouches enough for 4, probably 6-8 if I dragged out some old cloth and Velcro ones, but I don't anticipate going into a military situation anytime soon! :)

If not wearing a mag pouch, I slip and extra mag into my back pocket.

oak1971

well how many magazines for each than?

I don't bother with extra mags for the Glock or the Sig 226, both in 9mm and high cap, My 45 ACP 1911's and my Sig 220 in 45 ACP are single stack, but 45 gives me enough confidence to not bother with extra mags. The Khar MK9, gets two mags because it's 9mm and low capacity.

Last edited:
M

McX

No, that would be rather heavy and awkward! I have magazine pouches enough for 4, probably 6-8 if I dragged out some old cloth and Velcro ones, but I don't anticipate going into a military situation anytime soon! :)

If not wearing a mag pouch, I slip and extra mag into my back pocket.

How about you slip a nice 10 mm in my pocket?

oak1971

As to the poll, I have 1 loaded extra in the carrying case, because
a) my current holster doesn't have a place to carry an extra
and
b) if I can't get myself out of immediate danger with 18 shots, I'm someplace I shouldn't be.
That's one of the reasons I got the G17 - high capacity.

Have occasionally thought about making a case for the second magazine, to carry in a pocket.

Oops you're right. I don't use the Glock much anyway. I usually grab a 1911 with a Cobra Mag from Tripp Research. I only bought the Glock because I got it cheap and the previous owner had put TFO sights on it.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Since I lost all my firearms in a tragic ice-fishing accident, (in July) I do not carry anything. But If I would not have lost everything, I would just carry a full mag in the firearm, 17+1 capacity in my long lost .40 XDm which is sitting at the bottom of a nameless lake.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Most of you are thinking of extra magazines in terms of "more ammo," however few civilian "gun fights" involve a reload. Magazines are a common source of feeding and jamming problems, so it's prudent to carry at least a spare for that reason.