• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at CA polling locations

mjones

How'd you do it? Is there a CCW exception saying this code doesn't apply?

ETA:
err...I just realized you said you OCed. What am I missing?

Yes, I do it as a clear political statement - and in a GFSZ no less.

Look closely at the sections I bolded in my post #16 above.

In essence, the code would only apply to someone who was told to be there. Think along the lines of the Hells Angel's "Motorcycle Club" assigning members to be armed and present at polling places...That's what would be illegal.

1245A Defender

Woah!!!

Yes, I do it as a clear political statement - and in a GFSZ no less.

Look closely at the sections I bolded in my post #16 above.

In essence, the code would only apply to someone who was told to be there. Think along the lines of the Hells Angel's "Motorcycle Club" assigning members to be armed and present at polling places...That's what would be illegal.

I am soooo totally impressed!!!
You have parsed the hell out of 18544.
i completely agree with your reading, i would have NEVER seen the true meaning without your guidance.
Wow!!!

ps.. i think you have a ccw, so are exempt from 626.9,, unrelated to 18544

Last edited:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Ah...now I get it. You definitely seem to be correct (as usual). Calgun's wiki is wrong then.

mjones

Ah...now I get it. You definitely seem to be correct (as usual). Calgun's wiki is wrong then.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I presented my interpretation to CalGuns as well. If I remember correctly, the right people agreed with me, but the Wiki didn't get changed :(

Ditto for CalCCW, but I knew their "Subject Matter Experts" would shut me down. I truly hope I don't end up in court one day with a court registered SME that refuses to admit things like it being perfectly legal to have full mags inside a locked container with a firearm.