• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buffalo County sheriff: Machine gun (and several others) stolen

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_fff632dc-e637-11df-8eb5-001cc4c002e0.html

Numerous guns were stolen Friday from a residence near Mondovi, Wis., including a fully automatic machine gun, according to the Buffalo County Sheriff's Office.

Chief Deputy Colin Severson declined to say what type of guns or how many were stolen from the residence in the town of Naples, other than that "numerous" long guns and handguns were taken. The guns were not antiques.

He said the machine gun was legally owned and that the residence is not a police officer's home, but declined to be more specific. It is illegal for most people to possess a machine gun in Wisconsin.

Anyone with information about the burglary can call the sheriff's office at (608) 685-4433, or the Tipster line at (608) 685-2847.

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Beware of the evil paradigm of consideration, expectation, then requirement.

Yeah, it'd probably be considerate to store NFA weapons in a safe. I'm sure the NRA and safe manufacturers teach/expect safe storage. And I'm sure the statists would love to require it. It is about control of ALL aspects of life, not just gun control.