• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting story & poll from Maine - should voters be allowed to vote while armed?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Interesting story & poll from Maine - should voters be allowed to vote while armed?

http://www.bangordailynews.com/stor...ing-to-surrender-weapon,157603?hidecomments=1

Police Officer in uniform turned away at the voting location due to being armed. Poll question on the website asks about citizens being allowed to vote while armed. This is always a topic for Virginians as our polling places are in many different locations that either allow or don't allow firearms.

Last edited:

USNA69

Wrong Question

Allowed??? Should a citizen be "allowed" to exercise a right? Since when does government "allow" us to exercise rights?

Better poll question: "Should a citizen be prohibited from voting while armed?"

TFred

Other than the poll at the link you posted, none of the articles I read about this incident even broached the subject of OC (or CC) by regular non-LEO citizens.

The question of carry by a uniformed LEO is a no-brainer, the "warden" in this case is obviously a moron. The much more important question is what about regular citizens?

TFred

wylde007

It certainly wasn't a problem this morning - standing right next to me in full street uniform was a Norfolk city policeman... in the heart of Virginia Beach.

We were in a school, so he got to carry and I didn't. Hypocritical... not him, of course, but the "law".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I thought that the poll results were more important than the story. The story just adds background. What would be interesting in my eyes would be to see how that poll would fare if directed toward Virginians.

Suspect that the results would be much the same - the people get it. It's the liberal politicians and biased media that doesn't.

Should citizens be allowed to vote while armed?

Yes

8919 votes (91%)

No

908 votes (9%)

Ten (10) to one (1) is a pretty good ratio. :D