• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed at work(secretly)

JoeGlock40

im a security guard at a mall in tucson and have been CC while at work since i mostly work graveyards when its just me and one other guard...me being the gun nut and wana be able to defend myself and others if need be have been carryin there since my second month there after hearing all the storys from other guards bout guns drawn in the parking lot and punks busted by cops in the mall that are illegally possessing guns, i decided to arm myself with my glock 22 in a crossbreed supertuck delux(conceals great2)..my partner night guard is a glock fan also and has a glock 30..after we had a kid threaten us and me and my fellow guard witnessing a few crackheads trippin out bad in the parking lot my buddy finally decided he was gona carry on the clock, instead of leavin it in his truck, after i told him i was ready incase sumthin happened there...yea i can get fired if i ever get caught with it since its against mall and my security company policy to carry, but since its conceald the only way someone is gona know i have it is if i had to draw it in defense of myself or someone else...and i think id be fine with that...so just my lil gun carryin story...anyone else carry at a job where their "not suppose to"?

GWbiker

first of all......this....

Attachments

• WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg
    WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

DocStone

Joe, I understand....

It is a risk that you are taking in the job you have. As long as no one knows, you are responsible and safe....why not. You have a right to protect yourself.

GWbiker

Joe, one bit of advice I'll offer concerning the risk of having a gun at work - "Don't ask, don't tell".

JoeGlock40

yea thats y i didnt say which mall i work at or wut side of town...me and my buddy know we'd be fired if anyone caught us so its just between me n him.....and whoever reads this i guess

sultan62

Well first, I'm guessing your name is Joe, though obv. I could be wrong.

Second, my (unfounded) guess is that there aren't too many malls in Tuscon, where you've said you live according to your profile. An anonymous tip by an anti to the area malls could potentially end up with you and your buddy fired.

DustoneGT

:)

I've always found the idea of unarmed security idiotic at best and dangerous to public safety at worst.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I've always found the idea of unarmed security idiotic at best and dangerous to public safety at worst.

It is an instantaneous oxy-moronic broken promise.

Those who fall for it will be thinned from the herd... Those with a brain are not part of the herd.

Michigander

The funniest is the bigger companies in Detroit who insist on "unarmed" guards. Most are armed with concealed handguns, but technically unarmed.

And yep, I agree with Sultan. I wholly agree with carrying at all times, but it's best not to run your mouth about where you work when describing carrying against work rules. Jobs are too hard to get to take such useless risks.

Last edited:

JoeGlock40

yea everyone at my work knows we should be armed but the companys dont want the liability and to pay the extra insurance to have it out there...i guess they think a couple workmans comp bills for stab and gunshot wounds would be cheaper..even a few lawsuits probably...even if security had tasers itd be better than nothin but most wont even do that

sonoran_Tj

im a security guard at a mall...

1. You're walking a fine line admitting you are a mall security guard, although you appear to be pretty normal. Google gecko45 if you don't know what I'm incinuating.

2. Don't admit on the internet that you are breaking the law. The internet is forever and anyone can see it. Bad OPSEC to tell everyone that you are a criminal.

sst0185

1. You're walking a fine line admitting you are a mall security guard, although you appear to be pretty normal. Google gecko45 if you don't know what I'm incinuating.

2. Don't admit on the internet that you are breaking the law. The internet is forever and anyone can see it. Bad OPSEC to tell everyone that you are a criminal.

They should ditch the guns, stuff an extra trauma plate or two into their body armor, and carry a briefcase with ceramic plates in it to shield their heads.:cool:

Coded-Dude

bananarepublicpd7.png

I thought the darwin award thread was good, but this was unbelievable!