• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weekly San Diego OC Meet 4

elsensei

Location is set for the fourth weekly Responsible Citizens of California San Diego open carry meet...Last week went very well and therefore we will again be at Clairemont Square shopping center. 4821 Clairemont Dr San Diego, CA 92117. Corner of Clairemont Drive and Clairemont Mesa Blvd, southwest corner of the property, adjacent to the movie theater.

There is a Starbucks, a great barbecue place (Lightning Jack's, get the rib tips), Mexican, sushi, Greek, Italian, Indian and gourmet pizza, all next to each other, with plenty of outdoor seating. I have carried there on several occasions and it's just a nice atmosphere to hang out.

To build on last week:

1. Have a voice recorder of some kind- with plenty of capacity and fresh battery- running and locked on, on your person BEFORE you strap on your weapon.

2. Try to bring someone new, even if they don't carry. Females are especially welcome.

3. Research a viable location in your own neighborhood and be ready to present that information.

7 PM.

Carry On!

Sam

Last edited:

elsensei

right on. we should have a bunch of new people at this next one. Bring yours.

Firemark

1. Have a voice recorder of some kind- with plenty of capacity and fresh battery- running and locked on, on your person BEFORE you strap on your weapon.

2. Try to bring someone new, even if they don't carry. Females are especially welcome.

3. Research a viable location in your own neighborhood and be ready to present that information.

7 PM.

Carry On!

Sam

1. Check--- Voice, backup and Video (fortune favors the prepared)
2. Check--- hopefully more than one
3. Check--- Asked a restaurant owner friend "How would you be with a Monday night Open Carry meeting in your restaurant?" answer---"YES, Absolutely!" (apparently he is very pro gun and I didnt know it)

chewy352

1. Check--- Voice, backup and Video (fortune favors the prepared)
2. Check--- hopefully more than one
3. Check--- Asked a restaurant owner friend "How would you be with a Monday night Open Carry meeting in your restaurant?" answer---"YES, Absolutely!" (apparently he is very pro gun and I didnt know it)

Not to mention most retaurant owners are pro $$$$$$$$$$$$

What was out total bill at Islands? I never saw it.

Coded-Dude

Is Islands gun policy Corporate or Locale based? Just curious, because there is one up here in Roseville, and I haven't been there in a while. Thanks!

AntMan

I'm planning on being there, with my wife, however I had a question. I have to drive past a bunch of schools, so would I just keep my gun locked up until I got to where I was going, put it on, then lock it back up once I head home?

I don't have any recording device other than my phone, but the voice recorder on that should work fine. I was looking at getting something like this, http://www.looxcie.com/, kinda pricey but I'm into gadgets and I think I could use it for lots of things.

Look forward to putting some faces to names.

Last edited:

Gundude

I'm planning on being there, with my wife, however I had a question. I have to drive past a bunch of schools, so would I just keep my gun locked up until I got to where I was going, put it on, then lock it back up once I head home?

I don't have any recording device other than my phone, but the voice recorder on that should work fine. I was looking at getting something like this, http://www.looxcie.com/, kinda pricey but I'm into gadgets and I think I could use it for lots of things.

Look forward to putting some faces to names.

Welcome to the forum. The answer to your question is....yes. I travel locked up too. The risk is too great. See you there.

p.s. I found this site. I am going to try the pen. If it doesnt work, I'll try the glasses.

http://spygear.factoryoutletstore.com/spy-pen.html?cid=11063&chid=1&gclid=CNb0-czriqUCFSg1gwoda2_aMw

JP

Last edited:

Firemark

p.s. I found this site. I am going to try the pen. If it doesnt work, I'll try the glasses.
JP

Problem with the sunglasses is, they dont really work at night (why are you wearing sunglasses at night) and they are a bit chunky and somewhat conspicuous looking.

pretty much every other device you have to hold in your hand or mount somewhere, the pen works just fine wear a pocketed shirt and your pretty much good to record everyhting in front of you.. I got the 4GB cause the battery time will wear out right at teh limit of your record time (90 minutes) the 8GB record time the battery will die way before you run out of record space . It works fine with quality of video and sound just have to learn to allways face directly what you want filmed, my first LE encounter I was turned sideways to appear not so threatening and all I got was great video of the wall.

Gundude

Problem with the sunglasses is, they dont really work at night (why are you wearing sunglasses at night) and they are a bit chunky and somewhat conspicuous looking.

pretty much every other device you have to hold in your hand or mount somewhere, the pen works just fine wear a pocketed shirt and your pretty much good to record everyhting in front of you.. I got the 4GB cause the battery time will wear out right at teh limit of your record time (90 minutes) the 8GB record time the battery will die way before you run out of record space . It works fine with quality of video and sound just have to learn to allways face directly what you want filmed, my first LE encounter I was turned sideways to appear not so threatening and all I got was great video of the wall.

I also thought about the night thing. I almost always wear a hat, so I though I would put them up there and at least get the audio.
Even my super duper Sony HD vid cam has trouble at night without the light.
The glasses have a longer battery life than the pen.

Last edited: