• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No License Concealed Carry in Kentucky????

Ivan Sample

Rickc1962-

Please read the whole post before you go quoting anyone in here. Plus maybe you should stay in your own forum. This matter was already clear up and we don't need anyone beating a dead horse. No disrespect to you and have a good day!

kwikrnu

Banned
When is the next open carry event in KY? I'm willing to travel to Bowling Green. I don't have a gun carry permit and enjoy open carrying guns.

Last edited:

trooper46

When is the next open carry event in KY? I'm willing to travel to Bowling Green. I don't have a gun carry permit and enjoy open carrying guns.

and I thank someone with brains that you don't have one anymore. If we are in need of any guns that have been made to look like toys....for a child to pick up. You'll be the first person we call.

wrightme

ManInBlack--

Can you please be specific on what you want me to answer! You listed three things but that is okay. I support law abiding citizens to open carry(they should train on a regular basis) but I still stand by my opinion about CCDW. You should be trained and know the law for your area. Because I hate to say this but it happen where you get some that want to carry a gun to look tough. No disrespect to you. Plus it just my opinion which carry no weight!
That does not make sense.

You support law-abiding citizens to open carry.
Yet you feel that conceal carry needs training? And your 'justification' is "where you get some that want to carry a gun to look tough.?"
It it is concealed, they don't "look tough." :rolleyes:
Some "training and licensing" doesn't prevent what you state worries you. In fact, what seems to "worry" you is more likely with open carry. It seems you are aiming at the wrong target for your baseless fears.

wrightme

I really don't know why I am responded to this tread again but what hell. I do believe that law abiding citizens should be able to carry what ever they choose to. Do I condone the GOV'T checking in on people or keeping track. The answer is HELL NO! We must face reality and realized the GOV'T is going to do what ever the HELL they want. That's a proven fact. Do I wish that we all could carry concealed without a license! The answer is HELL YES but as long as we have politicians (CROOKS) involved, its not going to happen.
You finally answered the questions you were asked; you know, those stupid questions.

wrightme

Rickc1962-

Please read the whole post before you go quoting anyone in here. Plus maybe you should stay in your own forum. This matter was already clear up and we don't need anyone beating a dead horse. No disrespect to you and have a good day!
There is no "your own forum" on OCDO.

Ivan Sample

This tread has turned into something ugly and I am at fault! Let me state on where I stand one more time. I believe that anyone with out a criminal record should be able to Oc or CCDW-barring felon. I think that should clear up a lot of problems in here. One more thing for those of you who like to keep **** going and you know who you are-go to a different forum. I made my mistakes in here and learn and I am moving on. Have a good day!

kwikrnu

Banned
This tread has turned into something ugly and I am at fault! Let me state on where I stand one more time. I believe that anyone with out a criminal record should be able to Oc or CCDW-barring felon. I think that should clear up a lot of problems in here. One more thing for those of you who like to keep **** going and you know who you are-go to a different forum. I made my mistakes in here and learn and I am moving on. Have a good day!

Most felons are non-violent. If an 18 year old passes a bad check in the amount of $500 and is convicted of a felony why should she lose the the right to bear arms?

Ivan Sample

Wrightme-

I had to answer those questions and the more I thought about it-The only stupid question is one that is not asked. In hindsight MIB asked some valid questions that deserve to be answer and I did. Nothing personal aganist anyone in here. We all have the right to ask any question we want but its up to the person that the question was posed to-if they want to answer it or not!

Last edited:

aadvark

Prior to Brady, most States differentiated between Violent and non-Violent Felonies.

neuroblades

You have to know your eventual intended destination before you can plot a route to your objectives...

After reading your rantings in your initial reply on one of my post, I can see that while you're good with wording but fail on the point of reading between the lines, so to speak. The "rep" is NOT in reference to me, it's in reference to the license itself. You're just looking at it from one side of the issue, not both! As a former federal narcotics agent, that license, while it shouldn't be needed, does say alot to the LEO community at large! It tells them and others out there that know who we are that we're safer by nature and verified as such (See the image attached as a verbal example). Yes, it would be great if Constitutional Carry were the way of life but sadly, it is not! And while concelaed carry should not be something that we're "allowed" to do by virtue of the CCDW, IT IS! And being as such, it is also something that can be taken away just as easily as it was given. All we need is for some of these non-licensed CC'ers to kill people and then some liberal will automatically "jump the shark" and it will come back on those of us that are licensed CCDW. It would be great if this weren't the case but we all know how the liberal agenda goes.

What I'd much rather see in place, is a system like Ohio has for issuance of "emergency CCDW licensing" that would allow the temp license to stand good for 90 days at which time they could apply and past the CCDW class to be licensed normally.

Let's face facts here. This is mainly angled towards the lower economic class, according to the story. The claim is the the class is to expensive and then added to that is the cost of the weapon. The fact is that a weapon, bought legally is more expensive that the class, at this time. If they can afford the weapon, they can surely afford the class as well. If that gentleman from Danville really wants to help out the lower economic class, then fix the cost of the classes, and lock them down before they raise again, as I've been hearing they're going to soon.

This has nothing to do with anyone being or feeling elite to anyone else. This is an issue of protecting something that we have and can't afford to lose.

Attachments

• CCWCardFront.jpg
    CCWCardFront.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

neuroblades

quit beating this subject to the ground.

I have to agree with MSA here. This is a forum, a place to exchange points of view whether for or against. I don't like of agree with some of the fine folks here but that's OK. It's our exercise of our 1st Amendment Right to freedom os speech. :) So, we just agree to disagree and tarry forward together ultimately defending our 2nd Amendment Right!

kwikrnu

Banned
Let's face facts here...The fact is that a weapon, bought legally is more expensive that the class, at this time. If they can afford the weapon, they can surely afford the class as well.

If someone can pay for a gun they also have money to pay for a class. :rolleyes:

If people want to vote there should be a class teaching them who to vote for. If people want to talk there should be a class teaching them what to say. If people want to go to church there should be a class instructing them what church to attend.

kwikrnu

Banned
What I'd much rather see in place, is a system like Ohio has for issuance of "emergency CCDW licensing" that would allow the temp license to stand good for 90 days at which time they could apply and past the CCDW class to be licensed normally.

I thimk we all believe in and fully suppose that Right.

It doesn't sound as if you fully support the right to bear arms. Paying the government or asking the government for an emergency CCDW license has no place in the right to bear arms movement.

kwikrnu

Banned
I fear that if this bill becomes law, we will have alot of folks out there carrying that have never handled a firearm in there lives, some that might not even know ANYTHING about carrying concealed.

My personal thought, we need to keep everything as it is. If it's not broken, why try to fix it? *LOL*

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

neuroblades

WE DO NOT WANT YOU kwik! For those that are well aware of you're antics and stunts, you're the kiss of death! We DO NOT need some loon coming up here from Tn., OC'ing a toy orange AK-47!