• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No License Concealed Carry in Kentucky????

neuroblades

If they dig they'll find I am a law abiding citizen. They'll find I have been harrassed by cops, especially after I filed a civil suit. They'll find I have a Federal Firearms Licene and will soon have carry permits from other States. They'll find I have been happily married for 14 years and the lies being spread on this forum are attempts defaming me. They'll also find I am consistant in my support of the Second Amendment.

They'll find you are liberal in your use of personal attacks. They'll find you do not support the Second Amendment as written. It is a sad commentary that people like you actually believe regulating the carry of arms is constitutional.

No one has defamed you, you've done that yourself. Everything stated has been a matter of record of the forum and your own statements. You're trolling this thread, trying to hijack it, mis-directing the thread itself! If you have something worth while to say in referfence to the topic of this thread, please state it and go on.

neuroblades

Wrighttime-

I have to agree with you and I was in the wrong. Like I say I am constantly learning from folks in here and will continue to learn. I aspect to be call on the things that I say wrong in here. But remember it's just my opinion and we all learn to just go with the flow. Have a great day!

Very well put Ivan, Kudos! :)

neuroblades

CC laws do nothing more then make money for the instructer! there are gun ranges in driving distance for most people, when I lived in In. I had a friand with a range on his land, point is training is good but should not be mandated by "Big Bro`" as for government doing as thay wish, Ak, Az. Vt. and for the most part Mt. have Constitutional Carry, and in 2011 the potential of Ut. Wy. Id. In. and Ky. joining the ranks is good if we would just our Politicians feet to the fire.

I'm sure that Kentucky will go to Constitutional Carry within the next few years, if not sooner.

NRAMARINE

I don't recall anything in the 2a about ............shall not be infringed, if you pass the tests and pay the fee to your betters.

See signature.

Last edited:

Ivan Sample

Catass--

No disrespect to you or any other members in here! I hate to ask the GOV'T for anything but if I don't want to go to jail I have play by their rules for the time being. That's what my statement was all around and as far as training, that was already cleared up in here. I was in the wrong for adding that statement in here. My words over spoke my mind and it came out wrong. You see I could admit to my mistakes in here after a few members set me straight and I went back and re-read what I wrote. Some members in here set me straight-Thank-you and its members like that- that get my full respect and that I can learn from.

Last edited:

NRAMARINE

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
I've never heard of any KRS prohibiting carry in churches so I assume that the above poster has that info correct.

As for the bill. The gentleman from Danville has gotten this written up to "allow those that are considered low-income to be able to defend themselves", as he put it. Personally, I don't see this point as truly being a valid one for passing this bill into law. Like someone else had written here, Kentucky has OC available to those that can't afford or just don't wish to carry concealed. I fear that this might only work to weaken the rep that the CCDW has come to signify. I can't say that the class alone makes for a better concealed carrier, it does make for a more informed one though. I fear that if this bill becomes law, we will have alot of folks out there carrying that have never handled a firearm in there lives, some that might not even know ANYTHING about carrying concealed.

All it will take is one or many a couple shootings by paniced carriers that were allowed to carry concealed under this new thing and then those of us that have actually taken the class, done our range work and then gone on to study and even train above and beyond, to lose the CCDW. Maybe these fears are unfounded but are we really willing to play "russian roulette" with our licenses?

It was also mentioned somewhere that this new bill, if passed into law would only allow these folks to carry concealed within kentucky, it would NOT be honoured anywhere outside Kentucky like our current CCDW is. I can not find where I read this though.

My personal thought, we need to keep everything as it is. If it's not broken, why try to fix it? *LOL*

My understanding is that the class and license would still be intact for those that wanted to be able to go outside the state and be allowed to legally CC in the states that accept our licenses.

I see your point about the stupid still being out there carrying. *LOL* I'm just afraid that this might somehow work to weaken the CCDW license in the end. I do agree that we should by virtue of the 2nd Amendment, be able to CC without a license nationwide but sadly, we can't and I have to admot, I do like the fact that with us having to take the class and learn the laws pertaining, I do feel like we have a better system than some other states and we're better educated and more responsible.

I kind of feel the same way about this topic. Granted the class, range fire, etc. doesn't always make for a better, safer, and more intelligent carrier but they certainly DO NOT hurt! Personally, I see no reason for this to even be brought forward when Kentucky has an excellent OC in place.

When I see anti-Second Amendment comments like yours I am obligated to comment.

rickc1962

What we need to see here in the U.S. is a "Freedom to Carry" bill in every state, then we would not have to worry about conceald carry, I know it`s a longshot but if gun owners would stand together with a purest "God given right protected by the Constitution" stance on our firearms we would see great changes in our country.

sultan62

Reading comprehension seems to be a lost skill lately. Maybe I should post the definition of infringed...................................

http://www.websters-online-dictiona...cof=FORID:9&ie=UTF-8&q=infringe&sa=Search#922

couldn't help it. Maybe berettalady should read this too.

A few choice words from the definition you linked...'encroach' is my personal favorite. However, the words 'trespass', 'violate', and 'hinder work as well.

Another brief point: Liking the permit system and liking asking for permission are the exact same thing. Let's try a test to see if that's true. See which of the following makes more sense. Or better yet, propose your own statement, because clearly I don't understand the difference between liking the permit system and liking asking permission.

"I like the permit system, so not just anyone can carry. I like that one must fulfill certain requirements before the government will allow one to carry a weapon."

-OR-

"I like the permit system, so not just anyone can carry. I wish we didn't have to ask permission and get a permit though.

Someone please explain the difference.

NRAMARINE

What we need to see here in the U.S. is a "Freedom to Carry" bill in every state, then we would not have to worry about conceald carry, I know it`s a longshot but if gun owners would stand together with a purest "God given right protected by the Constitution" stance on our firearms we would see great changes in our country.

Excellent point.

rickc1962

Catass--

No disrespect to you or any other members in here! I hate to ask the GOV'T for anything but if I don't want to go to jail I have play by their rules for the time being. That's what my statement was all around and as far as training, that was already cleared up in here. I was in the wrong for adding that statement in here. My words over spoke my mind and it came out wrong. You see I could admit to my mistakes in here after a few members set me straight and I went back and re-read what I wrote. Some members in here set me straight-Thank-you and its members like that- that get my full respect and that I can learn from.

Ivan; I don`t wish to see anybody go to jail, but remember, in 1955 Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat to a white man in Momtgomery Al.,sparking a mass boycott by thousands and for the most part starting the civil rights debate. My point is when we stand up for what is right, even aganst bad laws sometimes bad things happen, this is easy for me to say here in Az., but our laws did not come over night, and gun owners here worked vary hard to get were we are, the fights not dunn but we are winning. If you just say thats the law and theres nothing we can do you have alredy lost

NRAMARINE

A few choice words from the definition you linked...'encroach' is my personal favorite. However, the words 'trespass', 'violate', and 'hinder work as well.

Another brief point: Liking the permit system and liking asking for permission are the exact same thing. Let's try a test to see if that's true. See which of the following makes more sense. Or better yet, propose your own statement, because clearly I don't understand the difference between liking the permit system and liking asking permission.

"I like the permit system, so not just anyone can carry. I like that one must fulfill certain requirements before the government will allow one to carry a weapon."

-OR-

"I like the permit system, so not just anyone can carry. I wish we didn't have to ask permission and get a permit though.

Someone please explain the difference.

It really translates to, One must fufill certain requirements before the constitution applies to them. Funny how that seems to only matter when it comes to firearms. People don't have to fufill certain requirements before they can, for example vote. We don't even require people to understand basic civics, speak the language or even be here legally much less a citizen before their constitutional rights are guranteed. However you and I must constantly fight to preserve what should be a no brainer.......SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Ps. To answer your question, the elites would say that the difference is too complicated for us to understand and we must trust them to decide what's best for us. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go throw up.

Last edited:

Ivan Sample

Rickc1962-

I totally understand where you coming from and I will continue to take part in this fight but in the mean I must do what I need to do to stay legal. I hate getting permission from the GOV'T as much as you do. But I am not about to go to jail for anyone or anybody. I have a wife and kids that I need to take care and their welfare comes before mine. I have a descent job that translate into money, which in turns- provide me to provide for my family. This is what I have to do. But once again I understand what you are saying. Have a good day!

rickc1962

Rickc1962-

I totally understand where you coming from and I will continue to take part in this fight but in the mean I must do what I need to do to stay legal. I hate getting permission from the GOV'T as much as you do. But I am not about to go to jail for anyone or anybody. I have a wife and kids that I need to take care and their welfare comes before mine. I have a descent job that translate into money, which in turns- provide me to provide for my family. This is what I have to do. But once again I understand what you are saying. Have a good day!

Ivan; I understand what you are saying, just remember to keep up the good fight, don`t just give in to bad laws and always help to overcome the opstacles we gun owners must face. And also remember if we allow any regulations on gun ownership thay can regulate us all the way to non existence.

Stophel

Wow, I am stunned to see the number of OCer's who seem to be opposed to free concealed carry!!!! Using virtually the same "arguments" that many CCer's use to oppose Open Carry!!! Bizarre.

Oh, and news flash, there are tons of people who walk around every day "illegally" carrying a concealed weapon anyway...

The ONLY downside I could see to having free concealed carry is with traveling to other states....if you don't have a license, you can't carry there....legally...