Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Newcastle Brown not helping - watching CA election results... :-(

Thumbs down 3rd Newcastle Brown not helping - watching CA election results... :-(

Ugh. How can soooo many people in the once golden state be soooo stupid? Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsome, Barbara Boxer, etc, etc, etc. This state is truly broken folks. Time to look for emergency exits. Nevada or Arizona anyone?

Livermoron

Have a few for me.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Don't you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Livermoron View Post
    Ugh. How can soooo many people in the once golden state be soooo stupid? Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsome, Barbara Boxer, etc, etc, etc. This state is truly broken folks. Time to look for emergency exits. Nevada or Arizona anyone?

Livermoron
    People are stupid. I want to believe that most Californians aren't that dumb, but every election cycle they prove me wrong. I don't know why I just can't be right one of these times. I think Arizona over Nevada if I had to choose. Part of feels that someone needs to be here to pick up the pieces when everything breaks.

actually fiorina and boxer is too close to call.
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

If you want to bail out, take I 80 east. I'll stay and fight the fight as best as I can.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

I'd head down 5 till you hit 40 and stay on it till Flagstaff.
    stay in the mtns better weather

Wait til the final counts are in. As of right now only 24% of precincts have reported votes.

From vote.sos.ca.gov
    24.2% ( 6,007 of 24,845 ) precincts partially or fully reporting as of November 2, 2010, 10:29 p.m.
    Last edited by demnogis; 11-03-2010 at 01:43 AM.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Chelene Nightingale whatever happened to her?

Guess there were only two in the governors race ...Brown and Meg the Rino shame on Californians for not voting for someone with California in their best interests ... spooky how all the networks never mentioned Chelene once!!!!
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.

Thumbs up Thanks All!

I will hang on and subject myself to the various TV and Internet reporting this evening for as long as I can...

Sometimes I feel like taking the advise of Mr. John Galt. When the weight of the world, or in this case, California becomes too much - shrug. Good things can be done elsewhere where and may be appreciated on a grander scale. As I own a business, and have a family here in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, it would be a very tough choice to leave.

Carry On,

Livermoron

Geez-- Boxer and now Governor Moonbeam Part II. I'd happily flee to Arizona or Texas, only any chance of jumpstarting business and creating jobs, thus recovery just went out the window with the election of people who think the answer to everything is raising taxes and driving more employers into neighboring states.

So, I'll continue to be underwater on my property value and be STUCK in this state.

Californians must like being unemployed and paying up the *** in taxes if they do work.

My family is headed for Virginia next year.

I'd be right behind you only It would cost me an extra $30k to pay off the mortgage on my house if I were to sell it. And because I don't believe in just walking out on my mortgage and stiffing my lender because I had bad timing, I'm stuck. Cracks me up that some people think it's just fine to stick the bank with the bill just because they bought at a bad time. Those same people would have gladly taken the gains if the value went up, but they feel someone else (banks, taxpayers) should eat the loss for them.

This state is truly broken folks. Time to look for emergency exits. Nevada or Arizona anyone?
    Keep heading east. Those states are Californicated enough already, and it's only going to get worse. Nevada re-elected Reid last night, so they're not too bright. Arizona also rejected an amendment to recognize hunting as a right (the only state out of a dozen or so which had that up for vote this year to shoot it down), and rejected medical marijuana. Not as freedom oriented as some may think.

New Hampshire is really nice. I'm out of here next spring; look me up if you head out that way.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Livermoron
    I am sucking down the Newcastles myself!

Kalifornia is a lost cause. If I could move, I would. My reccomendation for business owners who don't perform service is to move and quickly!

Prop 13 is now dead. How long will it take for property tax rates to be raised? Prop 25 has a "notwithstanding" clause. Paraphrased it says ...notwithstanding, all taxes and fees... Prop 26 will be ruled unconstitutional by a radical leftist judge and Jerry and his kids will not appeal the lower court's decision.

Gun rights are as good as dead. OC and hunt for as long as you can in Kalifornia. Buy ammo from out-of-state sources. Neo-Marxists don't care about a silly little essay called the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION and its BILL OF RIGHTS!

The only good thing about Kalifornia's predicament is that neo-Marxists own the whole thing. Just like Nancy Pelosi stepped on her penis, Jerry and his kids will step on theirs. And, maybe we can rebuild from there.

Thankfully, I own property in our newest Red State--Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Lions, Go Tigers, Go U.P.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to go Sportman's Warehouse and Bass Pro Shops look for sales on winter gear. I need to go to the U.P. and spruce-up my safety-valve residence.

markm
    Last edited by MarkBofRAdvocate; 11-03-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Looks like California is going to get a republican attorney general. That might help relax state prosecutions of stupid gun laws ?

Plus, I se that Fiorina and Boxer are basically tied with 25% reporting. I dont know how all the networks can call that one so early.
    Just checked, and it looks like with 97% reporting, the Dem is now in the lead by about 30k votes - http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/attorney-general/

Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    Just checked, and it looks like with 97% reporting, the Dem is now in the lead by about 30k votes - http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/attorney-general/
    Currently ...

99.2% ( 24,654 of 24,845 ) precincts partially
    or fully reporting as of November 3, 2010, 10:34 a.m.
    Votes Percent
    Kamala D. Harris (Dem) 3,275,606 46.0%
    Steve Cooley (Rep) 3,253,307 45.7%

thanks for the update. the guys over at calguns are going crazy over this one. looks like the absentee ballots may be some game changers this year.

100.0% ( 24,845 of 24,845 ) precincts partially or fully reporting as of November 3, 2010, 12:31 p.m.
    Candidate Votes Percent
    Kamala D. Harris (Dem) 3,292,836 45.9%
    Steve Cooley (Rep) 3,277,998 45.7%

14838 vote separation.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    I'd head down 5 till you hit 40 and stay on it till Flagstaff.
    stay in the mtns better weather
    Nope. You don't wanna' live in Flagstaff. Zonies call Flagstaff - "East Berkley".

Quote Originally Posted by EXTREMEOPS1 View Post
    Guess there were only two in the governors race ...Brown and Meg the Rino shame on Californians for not voting for someone with California in their best interests ... spooky how all the networks never mentioned Chelene once!!!!
    I voted for Chelene...she was the ONLY gubnatorial candidate that I could easily find info on that was pro-2nd amendment. Even the "Republican" candidate was against freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by caskydiver View Post
    I voted for Chelene...she was the ONLY gubnatorial candidate that I could easily find info on that was pro-2nd amendment. Even the "Republican" candidate was against freedom.
    Jerry Brown told me to tell you thanks.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caskydiver View Post
    Dale Ogden (libertarian candidate) was very pro-gun. He said the following on his website:

I would also issue an executive order to all state and local law enforcement agents that the second amendment applies in California, just like it does in the other 49 states and D.C., and that they should (1) not arrest or prosecute anyone for exercising his or her right to bear arms; (2) that anyone arrested or prosecuted for such will be pardoned by me; and (3) that the laws identifying some arms as assault weapons are unlawful infringements on the unalienable right to keep and bear arms that is guaranteed, not granted, by the US Constitution (I am open to strengthening such an order and would seek legal and other assistance before issuing such an order).

He got my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by RockertFor2A
    I'd be right behind you only It would cost me an extra $30k to pay off the mortgage on my house if I were to sell it. And because I don't believe in just walking out on my mortgage and stiffing my lender because I had bad timing, I'm stuck. Cracks me up that some people think it's just fine to stick the bank with the bill just because they bought at a bad time.
    The bank also agreed to the mortgage because they thought the price wouldn't go down. While 30k might not be enough to convince you to exercise the "walk away" portion of your contract, it is for others. I'm sure some people would walk away at 50k vs. 30k, or 100k, or 250k. At some point losses should be cut. The banks also have received lots of money from the government and the fed. Somehow I think they'll manage.

Kamala D. Harris (Dem) 3,302,221 45.9%
    Steve Cooley (Rep) 3,293,191 45.8%

Down to a 9030 vote separation...

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    The bank also agreed to the mortgage because they thought the price wouldn't go down. While 30k might not be enough to convince you to exercise the "walk away" portion of your contract, it is for others. I'm sure some people would walk away at 50k vs. 30k, or 100k, or 250k. At some point losses should be cut. The banks also have received lots of money from the government and the fed. Somehow I think they'll manage.
    Ah, so because the bank is a large business it's okay to screw them? Perhaps you could point out just where the "walk away" portion of the contract is?

Let me ask you-- say a friend asks me to borrow $10k to buy a vintage guitar. I give him $10k-- cash-- and he promises he'll make payments over time. A month later, the value of vintage guitars plummets. The guitar is now worth about $5k. He stops sending me payments. I ask him about it. Did he lose his job or something? Is everything okay? He tells me he that yes, he has a job and he could pay, but he's upset that the guitar is only worth $5k and doesn't think it's fair that he owes me $10k. "But that's how much I loaned you" I tell him. "You told me you needed $10k and you promised to me you'd pay me back. You still have your job. What's up?" He tells me that I can have the guitar. "But I don't want that guitar. YOU wanted that guitar. In fact, wanted it so bad you came over here, dressed all nice, told me how important it was to you to have this guitar and promised that if I could just help, you would pay me back."

"Yeah, well," says my friend, "At some point, losses should be cut."

"}#%^*+^%# YOU!!!!" I now say to my former friend.

It's all well and good to rationalize cheating one party in a business deal just because you think they can afford it. Making someone else bear the consequences and burden of YOUR mistakes is BS. Thank God not everyone thinks that way.

its getting really close. hopefully Cooley can pull out a win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast