• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3rd Newcastle Brown not helping - watching CA election results... :-(

Livermoron

Ugh. How can soooo many people in the once golden state be soooo stupid? Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsome, Barbara Boxer, etc, etc, etc. This state is truly broken folks. Time to look for emergency exits. Nevada or Arizona anyone?

Livermoron

jsebclark

Don't you know it.

Ugh. How can soooo many people in the once golden state be soooo stupid? Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsome, Barbara Boxer, etc, etc, etc. This state is truly broken folks. Time to look for emergency exits. Nevada or Arizona anyone?

Livermoron

People are stupid. I want to believe that most Californians aren't that dumb, but every election cycle they prove me wrong. I don't know why I just can't be right one of these times. I think Arizona over Nevada if I had to choose. Part of feels that someone needs to be here to pick up the pieces when everything breaks.

Ca Patriot

Looks like California is going to get a republican attorney general. That might help relax state prosecutions of stupid gun laws ?

Plus, I se that Fiorina and Boxer are basically tied with 25% reporting. I dont know how all the networks can call that one so early.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Chelene Nightingale whatever happened to her?

Guess there were only two in the governors race ...Brown and Meg the Rino shame on Californians for not voting for someone with California in their best interests ... spooky how all the networks never mentioned Chelene once!!!!

Livermoron

Thanks All!

I will hang on and subject myself to the various TV and Internet reporting this evening for as long as I can...

Sometimes I feel like taking the advise of Mr. John Galt. When the weight of the world, or in this case, California becomes too much - shrug. Good things can be done elsewhere where and may be appreciated on a grander scale. As I own a business, and have a family here in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, it would be a very tough choice to leave.

Carry On,

Livermoron

RockerFor2A

Geez-- Boxer and now Governor Moonbeam Part II. I'd happily flee to Arizona or Texas, only any chance of jumpstarting business and creating jobs, thus recovery just went out the window with the election of people who think the answer to everything is raising taxes and driving more employers into neighboring states.

So, I'll continue to be underwater on my property value and be STUCK in this state. :(

hgreen

Californians must like being unemployed and paying up the *** in taxes if they do work.

My family is headed for Virginia next year.

RockerFor2A

I'd be right behind you only It would cost me an extra $30k to pay off the mortgage on my house if I were to sell it. And because I don't believe in just walking out on my mortgage and stiffing my lender because I had bad timing, I'm stuck. Cracks me up that some people think it's just fine to stick the bank with the bill just because they bought at a bad time. Those same people would have gladly taken the gains if the value went up, but they feel someone else (banks, taxpayers) should eat the loss for them.

wewd

This state is truly broken folks. Time to look for emergency exits. Nevada or Arizona anyone?

Keep heading east. Those states are Californicated enough already, and it's only going to get worse. Nevada re-elected Reid last night, so they're not too bright. Arizona also rejected an amendment to recognize hunting as a right (the only state out of a dozen or so which had that up for vote this year to shoot it down), and rejected medical marijuana. Not as freedom oriented as some may think.

New Hampshire is really nice. I'm out of here next spring; look me up if you head out that way.

markm

Livermoron

I am sucking down the Newcastles myself!

Kalifornia is a lost cause. If I could move, I would. My reccomendation for business owners who don't perform service is to move and quickly!

Prop 13 is now dead. How long will it take for property tax rates to be raised? Prop 25 has a "notwithstanding" clause. Paraphrased it says ...notwithstanding, all taxes and fees... Prop 26 will be ruled unconstitutional by a radical leftist judge and Jerry and his kids will not appeal the lower court's decision.

Gun rights are as good as dead. OC and hunt for as long as you can in Kalifornia. Buy ammo from out-of-state sources. Neo-Marxists don't care about a silly little essay called the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION and its BILL OF RIGHTS!

The only good thing about Kalifornia's predicament is that neo-Marxists own the whole thing. Just like Nancy Pelosi stepped on her penis, Jerry and his kids will step on theirs. And, maybe we can rebuild from there.

Thankfully, I own property in our newest Red State--Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Lions, Go Tigers, Go U.P.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to go Sportman's Warehouse and Bass Pro Shops look for sales on winter gear. I need to go to the U.P. and spruce-up my safety-valve residence.

markm

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

Looks like California is going to get a republican attorney general. That might help relax state prosecutions of stupid gun laws ?

Plus, I se that Fiorina and Boxer are basically tied with 25% reporting. I dont know how all the networks can call that one so early.

Just checked, and it looks like with 97% reporting, the Dem is now in the lead by about 30k votes - http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/attorney-general/

Coded-Dude

thanks for the update. the guys over at calguns are going crazy over this one. looks like the absentee ballots may be some game changers this year.

mjones

100.0% ( 24,845 of 24,845 ) precincts partially or fully reporting as of November 3, 2010, 12:31 p.m.
Candidate Votes Percent
Kamala D. Harris (Dem) 3,292,836 45.9%
Steve Cooley (Rep) 3,277,998 45.7%

14838 vote separation.....