• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Take against Maes

Gunslinger

Here's the bottom line: a state like Colorado has strong, electable candidates to run. Why don't they? The leadership of the Republican party must go. How can a leftwing tax and spend crypto Marxist like Kickinlooper win? Or a do nothing, spineless boot licker for obooba like Bennet? Why aren't men like Maketa running? How can other states put up strong candidates that have half of our population? We need new, enlightened and intellectually capable leadership in the Republican party, not the clowns that have managed to lose every election in the 5 years I've been here. Both of these races were ours, period. Why did we get stuck with losers on the ballet? We'd better get leadership whose heads are not up their asses before '12, or the Somalian Messiah will carry the state again. As Tipton showed against Salazar: give us a good candidate and we will win.

since9

Campaign Veteran
When you have two monkeys, and one decides to start a poo-throwing contest, what do you expect the other do? It's not clear who fired the fist salvo, but make no mistake, much poo was flung far and wide by BOTH sides.

To be honest, I didn't see any such offal coming from Buck towards Bennet. Then again, I don't have TV. My input is limited to Hulu, radio, and YouTube, all of which had Bennet ripping into Buck, but not the other way around.

Could be that Bennet's side tapped more into those venues than the regular TV spots, while Buck limited himself to the latter?

That election was one of the most strategically important elections nation wide. Tens of millions of dollars were brought from other states, and national organizations, and that is also true of both sides. But, that's what you get when corporations and other organizations have $$$$$Unlimited Freedom of Speech$$$$$, and aren't held accountable.

Let's thank the Supreme Court for that, because it's clearly a great thing when legal constructs have more rights than the individuals who work for them.

No doubt here: SCOTUS really screwed The American People on that one.

mahkagari

To be honest, I didn't see any such offal coming from Buck towards Bennet.

The ones that said Bennet "cast the deciding vote" on Obamacare were the ones that torqued me off. I don't care if it's on Ken's cowboy boots or high heels, it's still 100% BS. There's no such thing as a "deciding vote" in our system of government and I'm tired of EVERYONE making that crap up.

CO-Joe

Could be that Bennet's side tapped more into those venues than the regular TV spots, while Buck limited himself to the latter?

Could be. I don't use Hulu, can't stand to listen to much radio (especially talk radio, FWIW)... And I acknowledge that I did have Bennet interrupt a few of my youtube videos--don't believe I remember a Buck ad on Youtube. In any case, those two venues are likely to be more highly frequented by young, typically left leaning folk.

During the few hours a week I watch TV (news, a couple shows I like) I have to say that both parties achieved parity on my nastiness meter.

zach

The Californication of Colorado appears to be complete.

As someone who moved here from California, it's not the native Californians, it's everyone that moved from the Right Coast that has screwed up California.

Maes was a grifter from the beginning. This is what happens when folks put Party over Person. It's nice to Owens working for Hickenlooper.