Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Why is it..

  1. #1
    Regular Member Nevada carrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Epicenter of Freedom
    Posts
    1,297

    Why is it..

    the dems tossed Titus but kept Reid? If anything Titus deserved to keep her office more than Reid did. Shame on the Nevada Voters. I can only hope that conservatives have enough clout now, that with Pelosi no longer the speaker of the house, that Reid can't do any more damage than he already has.

    I say we move all the casinos up north and give Clark County to California. It's apparent to me that Californians have moved to Nevada to enjoy the benefits that come with it such as no income tax, but they want to bring the very same politics here that created their mess next door. Can people not put 2 and 2 together? They move here to take advantage of the fruits of small government policies, then vote for liberals and wonder why things end up in the *******. I doubt any staunch dems are reading this, but please, for the love of god, take a look at all of the states are run by democrats such as California, Massachusetts and Illinois and notice the pattern of budget deficits, high taxes and unsustainable spending. These states are failing economically because of big government, tax and spend policies, and entitlement mentalities.

    Why on earth would you want to move somewhere to get away from all of that and then proceed to bring it all with you? Is it because, like a trained rat in a cage, you press the button labeled (D) thinking you will get a hand out?
    Last edited by Nevada carrier; 11-03-2010 at 06:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member flagellum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    385
    The thing that I hated most was who won Sherriff/District Attorney. Was really looking foward to seeing new leadership in that department.

    As far as Reid, I was a little suprised. There was a huge anti-incumbent sentiment, and Nevada was no exception this year. A lot of (L)'s and (I)'s swung (R) this time around. I think the whole "Sharron Angle is crazy" media blitz worked well for Reid.

    When I left Kalifornia I was enthusiastic that I escaped, but it is now saddening to see it spreading East.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

  3. #3
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950

    Why Harry prevailed.

    Reid kept his job because the Dem's were better at getting their people out to vote. They got a day off for the teachers and gave them $25.00 gift cards to go vote and of course they voted the "toss more money at us teachers union" line. They bussed the culinary union workers (can you say illegalís) to the polls. They also got the mostly unemployed, entitlement blacks to the polls too.

    Think about it, we have been going through "flight" since this whole, yes I'll use the word, depression started. Who has fled Nevada? Mostly skilled, hard working people with work ethics. You know, people who can think for themselves. That leaves all the entitlement people left to vote.

    Oh, let's not forget the voting machines that voted for Harry no matter what candidate was selected.

    Our guns and our freedoms are still as much in jeopardy as before. No real change.

    TBG

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, ,
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Reid kept his job because the Dem's were better at getting their people out to vote. They got a day off for the teachers and gave them $25.00 gift cards to go vote and of course they voted the "toss more money at us teachers union" line.
    My wife, who is a teacher, was at work all day and nobody gave her $25. She also didn't vote the union line. There may or may not have been some corrupt dealings in this election, but it is unnecessary and counter-productive to spread false rumors.

    Also, this topic has nothing to do with open carry and as such doesn't really belong here.
    Last edited by SoLasVegas; 11-03-2010 at 06:19 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Nevada carrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Epicenter of Freedom
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLasVegas View Post
    Also, this topic has nothing to do with open carry and as such doesn't really belong here.
    The election of public officials who are hostile to the cause is very relevant.

  6. #6
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLasVegas View Post
    My wife, who is a teacher, was at work all day and nobody gave her $25. She also didn't vote the union line. There may or may not have been some corrupt dealings in this election, but it is unnecessary and counter-productive to spread false rumors.

    Also, this topic has nothing to do with open carry and as such doesn't really belong here.
    This "false rumor" was all over the news.

    TBG

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, ,
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    This "false rumor" was all over the news.

    TBG
    Plenty of stuff is reported in the news whether it is true or not. If it is true, can you provide me with information of exactly who was giving out gift cards so I can tell my wife where she can get hers? Do you personally know any teacher who was given a gift card in order to vote?

    Tuesday was a teacher work day, but students had the day off. All teachers (union or otherwise) in Las Vegas were working unless they used personal vacation or sick time to take the day off.

  8. #8
    Regular Member BBJCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    39

    Angry

    The RNC did not support Angle in any way, they were pissed because of
    what happened to Sue in the primary. The biggest thing was in LV the
    exit polls had the hispanic voters going 90% for Harry Greid.

    Las Vegas voters reelected Reid

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,247
    Why on earth would you want to move somewhere to get away from all of that and then proceed to bring it all with you? Is it because, like a trained rat in a cage, you press the button labeled (D) thinking you will get a hand out?
    Now you understand where the term "Damn Yankees" comes from. Some immigrate down here and wind up being fine people. But too damn many move down here and the first thing they do is start preaching how wonderful it was up north and start trying to turn the South into New Jersey or Chicago. I alway wonder why these people move out of NY if things were so wonderful there and terrible here. Maybe they are on a mission to try and civilize us. That's it, those Californicators are trying to civilize you heathens.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Ronsmag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by PT111 View Post
    Now you understand where the term "Damn Yankees" comes from. Some immigrate down here and wind up being fine people. But too damn many move down here and the first thing they do is start preaching how wonderful it was up north and start trying to turn the South into New Jersey or Chicago. I alway wonder why these people move out of NY if things were so wonderful there and terrible here. Maybe they are on a mission to try and civilize us. That's it, those Californicators are trying to civilize you heathens.
    So let me see if I got this straight, The New Yorkers are trying to turn South Carolina into Chicago and New Jersey and it's all the Californians fault

  11. #11
    Regular Member flagellum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronsmag View Post
    So let me see if I got this straight, The New Yorkers are trying to turn South Carolina into Chicago and New Jersey and it's all the Californians fault
    No you see its an analogy:

    Nevada = S.C.
    California = N.Y./N.J.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Susanville, California, USA
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    the dems tossed Titus but kept Reid? If anything Titus deserved to keep her office more than Reid did. Shame on the Nevada Voters. I can only hope that conservatives have enough clout now, that with Pelosi no longer the speaker of the house, that Reid can't do any more damage than he already has.

    I say we move all the casinos up north and give Clark County to California. It's apparent to me that Californians have moved to Nevada to enjoy the benefits that come with it such as no income tax, but they want to bring the very same politics here that created their mess next door. Can people not put 2 and 2 together? They move here to take advantage of the fruits of small government policies, then vote for liberals and wonder why things end up in the *******. I doubt any staunch dems are reading this, but please, for the love of god, take a look at all of the states are run by democrats such as California, Massachusetts and Illinois and notice the pattern of budget deficits, high taxes and unsustainable spending. These states are failing economically because of big government, tax and spend policies, and entitlement mentalities.

    Why on earth would you want to move somewhere to get away from all of that and then proceed to bring it all with you? Is it because, like a trained rat in a cage, you press the button labeled (D) thinking you will get a hand out?
    Not all Kalifornian's are BG's, with that kind of Wyoming thinking, the whole country could go down.
    "Dis-United we Win" ???

    You might just remember Cal-Guns in Kalifornia, and us Open Carriers here, who are on the battle line daily
    carrying.
    Some of us Kalifornian's are Conservative , Veterans, Patriots,and believe in the Constitution & BOR.
    So you might reconsider, that not "All" who might move from Kalifornia, are L's, & BG's.
    Someday you might need a fellow OC-er, to help back you in your struggle to hold the line in Nevada.

    I won't hold this against you N-C, but you should remember this "War" is not about states, but an "Agenda"
    of the New World Order. Whole countries have fallen, world wide over the years.
    We need to "Stand together" which ever state we are in !

    Carry on ! Robin47

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4

    Ooooohhhhhhh Really Now???

    It's apparent to me that Californians have moved to Nevada to enjoy the benefits that come with it such as no income tax, but they want to bring the very same politics here that created their mess next door. Can people not put 2 and 2 together? They move here to take advantage of the fruits of small government policies, then vote for liberals and wonder why things end up in the *******...Why on earth would you want to move somewhere to get away from all of that and then proceed to bring it all with you? Is it because, like a trained rat in a cage, you press the button labeled (D) thinking you will get a hand out?
    As an non-rat, ex-Californian who moved here just under 3 years ago I find your post highly offensive and ludicrous First off, ever since I could vote I voted Republican, even being a Californian Native I voted Republican. When I moved to Nevada I carried on my tradition of voting more conservatively than liberally. Secondly, I moved here for a job opprtunity, not for a tax break.

    You grouping all Californians into one Liberal boat is asinine! I agree with Robin47 on this one and you know, Nevada Carrier, that I am the fellow OCer who helps you toe the line everyday...you're the one who got me into the OC movement after all!!!!!

  14. #14
    Regular Member Nevada carrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Epicenter of Freedom
    Posts
    1,297
    I'm sorry my original post lumped all Californians into the "liberal bad guy" category. That wasn't the way I intended it to be read, but I see now that is the way it came across. I correct myself, I was talking about the Liberal Californians, that move to Nevada, not all Californians who move to Nevada.

    My apologies to all those good, right thinking Californians fighting the good fight every day, and to all of the same who have moved to Nevada and help keep Nevada a strong conservative state.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    I'm sorry my original post lumped all Californians into the "liberal bad guy" category. That wasn't the way I intended it to be read, but I see now that is the way it came across. I correct myself, I was talking about the Liberal Californians, that move to Nevada, not all Californians who move to Nevada.

    My apologies to all those good, right thinking Californians fighting the good fight every day, and to all of the same who have moved to Nevada and help keep Nevada a strong conservative state.
    I understood what you meant completely and find myself running into the same situation at times. In the South there were two different terms to describe those who move from "Up-north", one group fell into the "Yankee" category and others into the "Damn Yankee" category. If you need help determining the difference then you wouldn't understand. There were also different terms to describe many other groups of people with similar meanings and too many times if you just used one term then someone would get offended and think you were talking about them. Many times the "N" word was not used to describe blacks but rather only certain blacks and actually had nothing to do with race.

    I understand that when you speak of Californians you are not talking about all but only a certain group. Others you don't even consider them to be Californians. My wife used to teach 2nd grade and one day they were discussing race and she pointed out that some were white and some black. She said one little boy was black and some of her students looked at her with confusion. She asked what was wrong and one little white boy said he's not black, he's my friend.

    The same way with Californians or Yankees. Some you quickly forget about their past and they become part of the community.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •