Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 124

Thread: The time for action is NOW!

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709

    The time for action is NOW!

    It is time to start calling and writing all the state GOP winners from yesterday. Remind them that the GOP platform is for "no-permit" carry in WI and that it is time to REPEAL the ban on CCW in WI (941.23). Point out that we don't need 1,000s of new state employees and MILLIONS of $$$ in new taxes, but rather a simple REPEAL.

    There TOP priority will be Walkers 250,000 jobs promise. We need to make sure their second priority is REPEAL of 941.23 and the regulars who post here ARE NOT ENOUGH to get it done. We need EVERYONE you know (even remotely) to start ringing those phone line and to continue to do so until REPEAL of 941.23 is reality!

    Carry On!

    Here is the list of all the state wide results: http://wisconsinvote.org/
    Statewide Offices and Federal Results

    * denotes incumbent
    "X" indicates called winner

    US Senate: 99% precincts reporting

    • Russ Feingold (D)* - 1014639, 47%
    • X Ron Johnson (R) - 1117601, 52%
    • Rob Taylor (L) - 23146, 01%

    Governor: 99% precincts reporting

    • Tom Barrett (D) - 998933, 47%
    • James James (I) - 8221, 0%
    • Jim Langer (I) - 10441, 0%
    • X Scott Walker (R) - 1120069, 52%

    Lieutenant Governor

    • X Rebecca Kleefisch (R)
    • Tom Nelson (D)
    • Terry Virgil (L)

    Attorney General: 97% precincts reporting

    • X J.B. Van Hollen (R) - 1190217, 58%
    • Scott Hassett (D) - 872060, 42%

    Secretary of State: 97% precincts reporting

    • David D King (R) - 979368, 48%
    • X Doug La Follette (D)* - 1051279, 52%

    State Treasurer: 97% precincts reporting

    • Dawn Marie Sass (D)* - 939, 075, 47%
    • X Kurt Schuller (R) - 1073600, 53%

    Congressional District 1: 99% precincts reporting

    • John Heckenlively (D) - 78140, 30%
    • Joseph Kexel (L) - 4230, 02%
    • X Paul Ryan (R) - 176109, 68%%

    Congressional District 2: 99% precincts reporting

    • X Tammy Baldwin (D)* - 187417, 62%
    • Chad Lee (R) - 116543, 38%

    Congressional District 3: 99% precincts reporting

    • Dan Kapanke (R) - 114753, 46%
    • X Ron Kind (D)* - 124533, 50%
    • Michael Krsiean (I) - 7736, 04%

    Congressional District 4: 100% precincts reporting

    • Eddie Ahmad Ayyash (I) - 2802, 01%
    • X Gwen Moore (D)* - 142531, 69%
    • Dan Sebring (R) - 61531, 30%

    Congressional District 5: 98% precincts reporting

    • Todd Kolosso (D) - 89333, 27%
    • Robert R. Raymond (I) - 10744, 03%
    • X F. James Sensenbrenner (R)* - 228184, 70%

    Congressional District 6: 87% precincts reporting

    • Joseph C. Kallas (D) - 75698, 29%
    • X Tom Petri (R)* - 182857, 71%

    Congressional District 7: 99% precincts reporting

    • X Sean Duffy (R) - 130411, 52%
    • Gary Kauther (I) - 8847, 04%
    • Julie Lassa (D) - 111594, 44%

    Congressional District 8: 99% precincts reporting

    • Steve Kagen (D)* - 118617, 45%
    • X Reid Ribble (R) - 144288, 55%



    State Senate

    * denotes incumbent
    "X" indicates called winner


    State Senate District 1 100% reporting

    • Monk Elmer (D) 28600, 40%
    • X Frank Lasee (R)* 42974, 60%

    State Senate District 3 100% reporting

    • X Tim Carpenter (D)* 4985 52%
    • Annette Krznarich (R) 4632 48%

    State Senate District 5 100% reporting

    • Jim Sullivan (D) 25476 46%
    • X Leah Vukmir (R) 30193 54%

    State Senate District 7 100% reporting

    • X Chris Larson (D) 37164 57%
    • Jess Ripp (R) 27770 46%

    State Senate District 9 100% reporting

    • Jason Borden (D) 16693 27%
    • X Joseph Leibham (R)* 45290 73%

    State Senate District 11 100% reporting

    • LD Rockwell (D) 17919 27%
    • X Neal Kedzie (R) 55020 73%

    State Senate District 13 100% reporting

    • Dwayne Block (D) 19230 29%
    • Vittorio Spadaro (I) 2071 03%
    • X Scott Fitzgerald (R)* 44526 68%

    State Senate District 15 100% reporting

    • X Tim Cullen (D) 31816 59%
    • Rick Richard (R) 22179 41%

    State Senate District 17 52% reporting

    • Carol Beals (D) 21108 38%
    • X Dale Schultz (R)* 35107 62%

    State Senate District 19

    • X Michael Ellis (R)*

    State Senate District 21 100% reporting

    • John Lehman (D)* 28922 47%
    • X Van Waanggaard (R) 32031 53%

    State Senate District 23 100% reporting

    • Pat Kreitlow (D) 26579 46%
    • X Terry Moulton (R) 31454 54%

    State Senate District 25 98% reporting

    • X Robert Jauch (D)* 30652 52%
    • Dane Deutsch (R) 29236 49%

    State Senate District 27 100% reporting

    • X Jon Erpenbach (D)* 51717 62%
    • Kurt Schlicht (R) 31891 38%

    State Senate District 29 98% reporting

    • Russ Decker (D)* 28402 47%%
    • X Pam Galloway (R) 31587 52%

    State Senate District 31 100% reporting

    • Ed Thompson (R) 29858 50%
    • X Kathleen Vinehout (D)* 30271 50%

    State Senate District 33

    • X Rich Zipperer (D)*



    State Assembly

    * denotes incumbent
    "X" indicates called winner

    Assembly District 100% reporting

    • X Garey D. Bies (R)* 14225 58%
    • Richard Skare (D) 10162 42%

    Assembly District 2 100% reporting

    • X Andre Jacque (R) 13958%
    • Ted Zigmunt (D)* 8455 42%

    Assembly District 3

    • X Al Ott (R)*

    Assembly District 4 100% reporting

    • Sam Dunlap (D) 8361 39%
    • Brad Sauer (I) 838 04%
    • X Chad Weininger (R) 12473 58%

    Assembly District 5 100% reporting

    • X Jim Steineke (R) 12448 58%
    • Mert Summers (D) 9055 42%

    Assembly District 6

    • X Gary Tauchen (R)*

    Assembly District 7 100% reporting

    • X Peggy Krusick (D)* 11782 58%
    • Brad Sponholz (R) 8654 42%

    Assembly District 8 100% reporting

    • Ramon Rivas (I) 678 14%
    • X Jocasta Zamarripa (D) 4287 86%

    Assembly District 9

    • X Josh Zepnick (D)*

    Assembly District 10 100%

    • X Elizabeth Coggs (D) 15874 93%
    • Ieshuh Griffin (I) 1223 07%

    Assembly District 11

    • X Jason Fields (D)*

    Assembly District 12 100% reporting

    • X Frederick P. Kessler (D)* 13753 74%
    • Sam Hagedorn (R) 4864 26%

    Assembly District 13 100% reporting

    • Lisa R. Becker (C) 4409 26%
    • X David Cullen (D)* 14364 74%

    Assembly District 14

    • X Dale Kooyenga

    Assembly District 15 100% reporting

    • X Tony Staskunas (D)* 9617 51%
    • Ronald Rieboldt (R) 9230 49%

    Assembly District 16

    • X Leon D. Young (D)*

    Assembly District 17

    • X Barbara L. Toles (D)*

    Assembly District 18

    • X Tamara D. Grigsby (D)*

    Assembly District 19 100% reporting

    • Krista Burns (R) 6892 31%
    • X Jon Richards (D)* 15122 69%

    Assembly District 20 100% reporting

    • Molly McGartland (R) 9502 47%
    • X Christine M. Sinicki (D)* 10844 53%

    Assembly District 21 100% reporting

    • X Mark Honadel (R)* 13692 63%
    • Tom Michalski (D) 8155 37%%

    Assembly District 22 100% reporting

    • X Sandy Pasch (D)* 16782 62%
    • Paul Pedersen (R) 10094 38%

    Assembly District 23

    • X JIm Ott (R)*

    Assembly District 24 100% reporting

    • Dustin James Klein (D) 6910 25%
    • X Dan Knodl (R)* 20486 75%

    Assembly District 25 100% reporting

    • Kerry Trask (D) 6458 33%
    • Andrew Wisniewski (R) 3321 17%
    • X Bob Ziegelbauer (I)* 9697 50%

    Assembly District 26 100% reporting

    • X Mike Endsley (R) 8822 49%
    • Job Hou-Seye (I) 541 03%
    • Terry Van Akkeren (D) 8671 48%

    Assembly District 27 100%

    • X Steve Kestell (R)* 16640 76%
    • Jack Lechler (I) 5323 24%

    Assembly District 28 100% reporting

    • Ann Hraychuck (D)* 8321 42%
    • X Erik Severson (R) 11292 58%

    Assembly District 29 100% reporting

    • Liz Jones (D) 7588 38%
    • X John Murtha (R)* 12627 62%

    Assembly District 30 100% reporting

    • Matt Borup (D) 7875 38%
    • X Dean Knudson (R) 12720 62%

    Assembly District 31 100% reporting

    • X Steve Nass (R)* 20193 89%
    • Leroy Watson (L) 2378 11%

    Assembly District 32 100% reporting

    • X Tyler August (R) 10866 58%
    • Doug A. Harrod (D) 5156 28%
    • Daniel Kilkenny (I) 1983 11%
    • Rick Pappas (I) 648 03%

    Assembly District 33

    • X Chris Kapenga (R)

    Assembly District 34 100% reporting

    • Wil Losch (L) 2458 10%
    • X Dan Meyer (R)* 14678 60%
    • Merlin Van Buren (D) 7406 30%

    Assembly District 35 100% reporting

    • Jay Schmelling (D) 8514 42%
    • X Tom Tiffany (R)* 11729 58%

    Assembly District 36 100% reporting

    • X Jeffrey L. Mursau (R)* 10915 59%
    • Anne Woznicki (D) 7467 41%

    Assembly District 37 100% reporting

    • X Andy Jorgensen (D)* 11906 52%
    • Vicki Milbrath (R) 10895 48%

    Assembly District 38 100% reporting

    • X Joel Kleefisch (R)* 17265 72%
    • Dick Pas (D) 6558 28%

    Assembly District 39

    • X Jeff Fitzgerald (R)*

    Assembly District 40 100% reporting

    • Jon Baltmanis (D) 5681 31%
    • X Kevin David Petersen (R)* 12749 69%

    Assembly District 41 100% reporting

    • X Joan Ballweg (R)* 13163 65%
    • Scott Milheiser (D) 5183 26%
    • Jay Selthofner (I) 1777 09%

    Assembly District 42 100% reporting

    • X Fred Clark (D)* 10073 51%
    • Jack Cummings (R) 9785 49%

    Assembly District 43 100% reporting

    • Kim Hixson (D)* 9448 47%
    • X Evan Wynn (R) 10449 53%

    Assembly District 44 100% reporting

    • X Joe Knilans (R) 8684 52%
    • Mike Sheridan (D)* 8168 48%

    Assembly District 45 100% reporting

    • Roger Anclam (D) 7921 46%
    • X Amy Loudenbeck (R) 9439 54%

    Assembly District 46 100% reporting

    • X Gary Hebl (D)* 15719 59%
    • Kathy Maves (R) 10737 41%

    Assembly District 47 100% reporting

    • Trish O'Neil (D) 10785 43%
    • X Keith Ripp (R)* 14449 57%

    Assembly District 48 100% reporting

    • Grant Gilbertson (I) 893 03%
    • X Joseph T. Parisi (D)* 20647 73%
    • Spencer Zimmerman (R) 6928 24%

    Assembly District 49 100% reporting

    • Phil Garthwaite (D)* 7836 43%
    • X Travis Tranel (R) 10380 57%

    Assembly District 50 100% reporting

    • X Ed Brooks (R)* 10579 61%
    • Ben Olson, III (L) 398 02%
    • Sarah Shanahan (D) 6387 37%

    Assembly District 51 100% reporting

    • X Howard Marklein (R) 10822 52%
    • John Simonson (D) 2613 45%

    Assembly District 52 100% reporting

    • Paul Czisny (D) 7008 37%
    • X Jeremy Thiesfeldt (R) 11920 63%

    Assembly District 53

    • X Richard J. Spanbauer (R)

    Assembly District 54 26% reporting

    • X Gordon Hintz (D) 11093 57%
    • Jonathan Krause (R) 8296 43%

    Assembly District 55

    • X Dean R. Kaufert (R)*

    Assembly District 56

    • X Michelle Litjens (R)

    Assembly District 57 100% reporting

    • Chris Hanson (R) 9419 47%
    • X Penny Bernard Schaber (D)* 10415 53%

    Assembly District 58

    • X Pat Strachota (R)*

    Assembly District 59

    • X Daniel R. LeMahieu (R)*

    Assembly District 60

    • X Mark Gottleib (R)*

    Assembly District 61 100% reporting

    • George Meyers (L) 2166 18%
    • X Robert Turner (D)* 10024 82%

    Assembly District 62 100% reporting

    • Tony Decubellis (L) 403 02%
    • X Cory Mason (D)* 10453 54%
    • Chris Wright (R) 8571 44%

    Assembly District 63

    • X Robin J. Vos (R)*

    Assembly District 64 100% reporting

    • X Peter W. Barca (D)* 9667 84%
    • Dane Hoffman (L) 1774 16%

    Assembly District 65

    • X John Steinbrink (D)

    Assembly District 66

    • Steven Brown (D) 5910 30%
    • X Samantha Kerkman (R)* 13500 70%

    Assembly District 67 100% reporting

    • Thomas Lange (I) 970 05%
    • CW King (D) 6523 33%
    • X Tom Larson (R) 12547 63%

    Assembly District 68 100% reporting

    • X Kathy Bernier (R) 10758 50%
    • Kristen Dexter (D) 10671 50%

    Assembly District 69

    • X Scott Suder (R)*

    Assembly District 70 100% reporting

    • John Spiros (R) 9855 47%
    • X Amy Sue Vruwink (D)* 11904 53%

    Assembly District 71 100% reporing

    • X Louis John Molepske, Jr. (D)* 11367 57%
    • Bob Scovill (R) 8517 43%

    Assembly District 72 100% reporting

    • X Scott Krug (R) 9470 47%
    • Thad Kubisiak (I) 2461 12%
    • Marlin D. Schneider (D) 8414 41%

    Assembly District 73 100% reporting

    • Bonnie Baker (R) 8650 44%
    • X Nick Milroy (D)* 11187 56%

    Assembly District 74 100% reporting

    • X Janet Bewley (D) 10621 53%
    • Shirl LaBarre (R) 9437 47%%

    Assembly District 75 100% reporting

    • Steve Perala (D) 9534 49%
    • X Roger Rivard (R) 9950 51%

    Assembly District 76 100% reporting

    • X Terese Berceau (D) 20235 82%
    • Torry Jaeckle (I) 4497 18%

    Assembly District 77 100% reporting

    • X Brett Hulsey (D) 12138 49%
    • Ben Manski (WG) 7761 31%
    • David Olson (I) 372 01%
    • David Redick (R) 4666 19%

    Assembly District 78

    • X Mark Pocan (D)*

    Assembly District 79 100% reporting

    • Tom Clauder (R) 13828 41%
    • X Sondy Pope-Roberts (D) 19919 59%

    Assembly District 80 100% reporting

    • Dan Henke (R) 10194 47%
    • X Janis Ringhand (D) 12096 53%

    Assembly District 81

    • X Kelda Helen Roys (D)*

    Assembly District 82

    • X Jeff Stone (R)*

    Assembly District 83 100% reporting

    • X Scott L. Gunderson (R)* 22191 79%
    • Aaron Robertson (D) 6013 21%

    Assembly District 84 100% reporting

    • X Mike Kuglitsch (R) 17535 74%
    • Don Vanpool (D) 6039 26%

    Assembly District 85 100% reporting

    • Charles Eno (R) 8459 43%
    • Jim Maas (L) 830 04%
    • X Donna Seidel (D)* 10297 53%

    Assembly District 86 100% reporting

    • Frederick Melms (I) 967 04%
    • X Jerry J. Petrowski (R)* 15273 67%
    • Todd Punke (D) 6562 29%

    Assembly District 87 100% reporting

    • Frank Rutherford (I) 553 03%
    • Dana Schultz (D) 6846 39%
    • X Mary Williams (R)* 10052 58%

    Assembly District 88 100% reporting

    • Jim Soletski (D)* 7956 49%
    • X John Klenke (R) 8222 51%

    Assembly District 89 100% reporting

    • X John Nygren (R)* 13951 68%
    • Bob Orwig (D) 6428 32%

    Assembly District 90 100% reporting

    • X Karl Van Roy (R)* 10842 58%
    • Lou Ann Weix (D) 7705 42%

    Assembly District 91 100% reporting

    • X Chris Danou (D)* 11595 59%
    • Bill Ingram (R) 8107 41%

    Assembly District 92 100% reporting

    • Dennis Clinard (R) 8795 49%
    • X Mark A. Radcliffe (D)* 9079 51%

    Assembly District 93 100% reporting

    • Warren Petryk (R) 11069 50%
    • Jeff Smith (D)* 10998 50%

    Assembly District 94 100% reporting

    • Cheryl Hancock (D) 9767 41%
    • X Mike Huebsch (R)* 13977 59%

    Assembly District 95 100% reporting

    • Nick Charles (R) 6788 36%
    • X Jennifer Shilling (D)* 11892 64%

    Assembly District 96 100% reporting

    • Brian Murphy (D) 7603 39%
    • X Lee Nerison (R)* 11963 61%

    Assembly District 97 100% reporting

    • Dawn Caruss (D) 6212 32%
    • X Bill Kramer (R)* 12939 68%

    Assembly District 98 100% reporting

    • X Paul Farrow (R) 22230 77%
    • Victor Weers (D) 6785 23%

    Assembly District 99 100% reporting

    • Tom Hibbard (D) 6518 23%
    • X Don Pridemore (R) 22353 77%
    Last edited by bnhcomputing; 11-03-2010 at 06:51 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    Lasee has already committed to support of CCW, even after the party platform was changed. Bies is an NRA and Sierra Club member. They were incumbents reelected so they will change nothing, secure in their constituency.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481
    Just Got off the phone with Representative Al Ott. He said he will do what he can to get things moving on a repeal.

    His one question was, " what is the NRA's position on this?" I told him that the NRA was in favor of any reasonable bill for a permit system.

    I then reminded him that the Republican platform was re-written to support a non-permitted system.

    After reminding him that a permit system would create bigger government and change our right to a privilege and go against the Republican Platform, He said, "Point well taken, I will see what I can do to get something rolling."

    Everyone please get those calls going.

    For those of you in Al Otts district give him a call and make sure he stays on this.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    Please commit publicly, loudly, to electing opponents of legislators that FAIL. No excuses, that's just more Dn'R shuffle, shuck and jive.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481
    Here is the follow up email I just sent to Al Ott.

    Mr. Ott,

    As a follow up of our phone conversation, I am attaching a copy of the Clark County Judges decision concerning the State Statute 941.23. As you will see the judge clearly finds the statute unconstitutional.

    I have also attached some information verifying the position of the Jackson County District Attorney on this issue as well.

    Again as I stated in our conversation, the Republican Platform supports non-permitted carry, which means smaller government. No fees or permits to be collected or issued, which would change our right to a privilege. No tax dollars being spent to pay those government employees that would have to collect those fees or issue those permits.

    The solution is simple. Repeal 941.23. The statute should only be used as an enhancer should a criminal conceal carry a weapon during the commission of a crime.
    Although Conceal Carry of a weapon should not be a crime within its self, if the actor has not been convicted of a felony.

    It is extremely urgent that legislation is handed to the new governor repealing 941.23, before a new concealed carry bill is passed which will create bigger government.

    Scott Walker has publicly stated that he would sign to either repeal 941.23 or sign a new concealed carry bill. Let's make it a repeal.

    Thank you for your time and service.


    Sincerely,

    James Gleason

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Anyone know of a free faxing service?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  7. #7
    McX
    Guest
    started being an iiritant for social change in my own special ways; bombing the new leaders with OC/CC Constitutional Carry rights now! on their facebooks.

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    started being an iiritant for social change in my own special ways; bombing the new leaders with OC/CC Constitutional Carry rights now! on their facebooks.
    I'm in ur facebooks, ritingz on ur wallz.

    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Anyone know of a free faxing service?
    Umm, it's called email. LOL!

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    Umm, it's called email. LOL!
    Emails just don't have the same kind of weight that email do, especially when you see a stack of them sitting on the tray.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Emails just don't have the same kind of weight that email do, especially when you see a stack of them sitting on the tray.
    Riiight. And USPS is still better! The more trouble and expense for you the more weight for them.

  12. #12
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197
    The solution is simple. Repeal 941.23. The statute should only be used as an enhancer should a criminal conceal carry a weapon during the commission of a crime.
    Although Conceal Carry of a weapon should not be a crime within its self, if the actor has not been convicted of a felony.
    Be very very careful. We want a CLEAN repeal of 941.23. If its an 'enhancer' then what happens if you get charges with GFSZ violation? Is CCW an enhancer?

    What if you get a bogus disorderly conduct charge thrown at you and you were conceal carrying at the time.

    Felons are already prohibited from owning/possessing guns. The police have all the legal authority to arrest them for carry of any type.

    Anyone who commits a crime can be charged with that crime. If they happen to be CCW at the time, that is really irrelevant. Charge them with the crime they committed.

    A suggestion for an action plan for conceal carry in Wisconsin:

    First, if you don't know, find out who is now your state assembly rep and your state senator. Every assembly seat was up for election, so whomever won your district seat last night is the one to call from the assembly.

    Only half of the state senate was up for re-election this cycle, so your state senator may not have been up for election last night. If they were not, you can use the "locate your legislators link" here:

    http://www.legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/waml/waml.aspx

    The first step is to find ONE legislator willing to introduce a repeal of 941.23

    Suggested talking points as you contact your legislator to ask if they are willing to introduce a repeal of 941.23

    -The WI Republican party platform was changed in 2010 to support right to carry as one chooses WITHOUT a permit.

    -Scott Walker has already gone on record as willing to sign a simple repeal of 941.23

    -74% of the residents of this state in a STATEWIDE referendum in 1998 voted the right to carry (article 1 sec 25) into our state constitution, so conceal carry is a VERY popular political position.

    -48 states allow conceal carry

    -it is already legal for law-abiding citizens to carry openly in Wisconsin with no permit and 1000's are doing so every day. Public safety is not affected by all the people who can now open-carry with no permit to put jackets on when its cold and conceal their weapon.

    -29 other states allow residents to carry without a permit.

    -other states allow all law-abiding citizens to carry in the manner of their choosing without any permit (VT, Alaska, and now AZ)

    -the TREND is moving towards more and more states allowing law abiding residents to carry in the manner of their choosing with no permit.

    -a permit system will fly in the face of smaller government by requiring more government employees/resources to administer a permit system, yet the permit system will be ignored by criminals.

    -a permit fee will be a tax on the right to carry that would place hardship on low-income residents who deserve the same right to self-defense as anyone else.

    -future anti-rights legislatures could easily raise permit fee's through a simple budget bill to exorbitant levels to effectively stifle the right to carry concealed. History shows us legislatures change and rights once secured are put on the chopping block. PLEASE protect the law-abiding of Wisconsin as best as you can by NOT leaving a trap-door for future less-freedom minded legislatures to use to deny the right to carry.

    -recent US Supreme Court decisions have found the right to carry to be a FUNDAMENTAL right. Being a fundamental right, law abiding citizens should not have to register with the government to exercise that right.


    Use these talking points to get a commitment from a legislator to introduce a repeal of 941.23. Let the legislator know that they need just introduce it and WE will provide them all the political support in the world to get it through the legislative process. Ask them to introduce a simple repeal of 941.23 without a bunch of other legislation tacked on to bog it down and complicate the debate on the bill.

    Lastly, for those who feel so included, share with your new legislators that you are a member of Wisconsin Carry, an organization that has thousands of very active members in EVERY county of Wisconsin who are contacting their legislators to make sure this repeal of 941.23 gets widespread support.

    Please post feedback you get from contact with your legislators here.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SOuth Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    503
    Thanks for the talking points, there is no excuse for anyone not write, call or email their representatives to help get this moving!

  14. #14
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    I just sent this to Senator Kedzie and Representative Nass:

    Dear ,

    Congratulations on your reelection. In addition, congratulations on having a new Republican Governor that can now help get the proper items working.

    I voted for you and Governor Walker.

    I am writing you to urge you to do a few things that will enhance our gun rights.

    1. Repeal 941.23, the concealed carry law. This particular law was passed in the 1800's and has been shown to be in violation of Wisconsin's Article 1, Section 25 of the Constitution, which was passed in 1998. There have been several recent rulings to support this. Judge Jon Counsel, the Circuit Judge in Clark County has ruled it unconstitutional. District Attorney Fox has issued a memo declaring it is unenforceable in Jackson County. http://www.wisconsinappeals.net/wp-c...0/Schultz1.pdf http://www.co.jackson.wi.us/html/dis...%20Chicago.pdf
    2. Repeal 167.31, vehicle carry of a loaded firearm.
    3. Repeal 941.235, firearms in public buildings
    4. Repeal 941.237, firearms where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption
    5. Repeal 941.24, prohibition of switch blades.

    Items 2-5 have been deemed unconstitutional in the Jackson County DA's memo outlined above.

    In addition, the Wisconsin Republican platform was changed this year to support unlicensed open and concealed carry.

    Also, the tsunami that is the Republican takeover is because we the people are tired of being taxed and regulated to death. To implement a licensed concealed carry system would require additional hiring both at the state and county level for administration as well as fees.

    AK, AZ and VT have no licensing and training requirement for both open and concealed carry and there has not been any issues. UT is considering doing this in 2011 as well

    Please get the Legislative Resource Board working on implementing these changes.

    --
    Paul L Fisher

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fond du Lac Wisconsin
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    Be very very careful. We want a CLEAN repeal of 941.23. If its an 'enhancer' then what happens if you get charges with GFSZ violation? Is CCW an enhancer?

    What if you get a bogus disorderly conduct charge thrown at you and you were conceal carrying at the time.

    Felons are already prohibited from owning/possessing guns. The police have all the legal authority to arrest them for carry of any type.

    Anyone who commits a crime can be charged with that crime. If they happen to be CCW at the time, that is really irrelevant. Charge them with the crime they committed.

    A suggestion for an action plan for conceal carry in Wisconsin:

    First, if you don't know, find out who is now your state assembly rep and your state senator. Every assembly seat was up for election, so whomever won your district seat last night is the one to call from the assembly.

    Only half of the state senate was up for re-election this cycle, so your state senator may not have been up for election last night. If they were not, you can use the "locate your legislators link" here:

    http://www.legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/waml/waml.aspx

    The first step is to find ONE legislator willing to introduce a repeal of 941.23

    Suggested talking points as you contact your legislator to ask if they are willing to introduce a repeal of 941.23

    -The WI Republican party platform was changed in 2010 to support right to carry as one chooses WITHOUT a permit.

    -Scott Walker has already gone on record as willing to sign a simple repeal of 941.23

    -74% of the residents of this state in a STATEWIDE referendum in 1998 voted the right to carry (article 1 sec 25) into our state constitution, so conceal carry is a VERY popular political position.

    -48 states allow conceal carry

    -it is already legal for law-abiding citizens to carry openly in Wisconsin with no permit and 1000's are doing so every day. Public safety is not affected by all the people who can now open-carry with no permit to put jackets on when its cold and conceal their weapon.

    -29 other states allow residents to carry without a permit.

    -other states allow all law-abiding citizens to carry in the manner of their choosing without any permit (VT, Alaska, and now AZ)

    -the TREND is moving towards more and more states allowing law abiding residents to carry in the manner of their choosing with no permit.

    -a permit system will fly in the face of smaller government by requiring more government employees/resources to administer a permit system, yet the permit system will be ignored by criminals.

    -a permit fee will be a tax on the right to carry that would place hardship on low-income residents who deserve the same right to self-defense as anyone else.

    -future anti-rights legislatures could easily raise permit fee's through a simple budget bill to exorbitant levels to effectively stifle the right to carry concealed. History shows us legislatures change and rights once secured are put on the chopping block. PLEASE protect the law-abiding of Wisconsin as best as you can by NOT leaving a trap-door for future less-freedom minded legislatures to use to deny the right to carry.

    -recent US Supreme Court decisions have found the right to carry to be a FUNDAMENTAL right. Being a fundamental right, law abiding citizens should not have to register with the government to exercise that right.


    Use these talking points to get a commitment from a legislator to introduce a repeal of 941.23. Let the legislator know that they need just introduce it and WE will provide them all the political support in the world to get it through the legislative process. Ask them to introduce a simple repeal of 941.23 without a bunch of other legislation tacked on to bog it down and complicate the debate on the bill.

    Lastly, for those who feel so included, share with your new legislators that you are a member of Wisconsin Carry, an organization that has thousands of very active members in EVERY county of Wisconsin who are contacting their legislators to make sure this repeal of 941.23 gets widespread support.

    Please post feedback you get from contact with your legislators here.
    This should be a sticky!

  16. #16
    McX
    Guest
    80 people on our state forum. you guys move over right, make room.

    (note the reference move over right)

  17. #17
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    That was quick!

    Reply from Kedzie:

    November 3, 2010

    Dear Mr. Fisher,

    Thank you for contacting the office of Senator Neal Kedzie regarding various firearms legislative initiatives.

    We are quite certain some of those matters will be offered and addressed in some fashion for the coming 2011-12 legislative session. At this time, it is unclear how or when that may occur, as the immediate focus is the looming state budget deficit and job creation. Those will be the major priorities for the new Legislature and Governor in 2011, but certainly, we believe other issues such as conceal and carry will be on the agenda at some point in time.

    Again, thank you for contacting the office of Senator Neal Kedzie on these matters.

    Sincerely,

    Dan Johnson
    Chief of Staff
    State Senator Neal Kedzie
    11th Senate District

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Baraboo, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    89
    Could someone draft up a form letter that is clear and concise about which statutes we want repealed that we could print off and send to our respective representatives? I think that would be a great help, especially considering it wouldn't take much to mail it to them once a week until we get the ball rolling.

    Paul, I'm thinking a letter similar to yours but less personalized, then we can feel free to add the proper names.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    Kedzie; "Don't call us. We'll call you. Thanks for re/electing us." Business as usual.

    Conservatism is a three-legged stool, fiscal, social and foreign policy. Take any one away and it's just a **** walkin'.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,169

    You Do Realize

    That any legislation isn't going to be taken up until well into next year. The legislature has to wrestle with the budget and other essential tasks first. I'm not saying don't contact your representatives but don't front load the effort so much that when the opportune time arrives, you are exhausted and they are irritated. You also give opponents more motivation to gin up ways to defeat legislation. If there is a friendly legislator or legislative-saavy member, follow his advice on how and when to contact members. Don't think any change is in the can. And when amendments/restrictions are attached, don't go ballistic (pun intended) and start foaming at the mouth or sloganeering. WI RKBA advocates have a tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Some useful concepts:

    Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Don't burn your bridges.
    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good (enough).

  21. #21
    Regular Member Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Just outside Madistan
    Posts
    143
    AP,

    And you don't think all of the other groups out there aren't front loading the newly elected officials.....

    By all means, hit em up now and keep it up. We have the US and state constitutions on our side. The other groups most likely do not.
    Rick
    "Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you."

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    Quote Originally Posted by apjonas View Post
    You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'
    Horse'sass flies maybe, but we're after legislator-fruit flies that go for vinegar. Why do you think Barney always has such a sour look?

  23. #23
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Kedzie; "Don't call us. We'll call you. Thanks for re/electing us." Business as usual.

    Conservatism is a three-legged stool, fiscal, social and foreign policy. Take any one away and it's just a **** walkin'.
    Exactly... "thanks for your vote, now to the back of the bus with you"

    its BULL$hit.

    Most of these politicians expressed support for conceal carry in their campaign rhetoric. If it was important enough to make your campaign commercials and public comments, its important enough to receive your attention now. Don't use it in your stump speech if you don't intend on taking action.

    I recall many said on the campaign trail conceal carry was a priority.

    Paul, I would politely remind Mr. Kedzie that he voiced support of CC and that we've been "waiting" for decades while other states get their rights restored.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  24. #24
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    Paul, I would politely remind Mr. Kedzie that he voiced support of CC and that we've been "waiting" for decades while other states get their rights restored.
    I will. I see him quite often out and about. I will remind him. I just used email to get the ball rolling. I will continue to harp on this until it is fixed.

  25. #25
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by apjonas View Post
    That any legislation isn't going to be taken up until well into next year. The legislature has to wrestle with the budget and other essential tasks first. I'm not saying don't contact your representatives but don't front load the effort so much that when the opportune time arrives, you are exhausted and they are irritated. You also give opponents more motivation to gin up ways to defeat legislation. If there is a friendly legislator or legislative-saavy member, follow his advice on how and when to contact members. Don't think any change is in the can. And when amendments/restrictions are attached, don't go ballistic (pun intended) and start foaming at the mouth or sloganeering. WI RKBA advocates have a tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Some useful concepts:

    Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Don't burn your bridges.
    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good (enough).
    Give one example of how WI RKBA have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory please.

    Also

    Sorry... We feed politicians, they do not feed us.

    I know politicians have felt it the other way around for a long time, but that has to change, and I believe that change was/is part of the current philosophy shift in the electorate

    As always, it never makes sense to "froth at the mouth" no matter what the situation. When dealing with people, the best method is always with calm polite but principled logic and reason.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •