Thread: Cal. now SAFER! Colorado, not so much.

Cal. now SAFER! Colorado, not so much.

The bay area of California has taken the proactive aproach to make the streets safer for all of you! There should be no worries or reason to carry now that they have banned... the sale of Happy Meals in San Francisco!

Colorado, sorry to have to say I will not feel safe there since they did not pass the law concerning tracking of space Aliens! You will never know who might be carrying a light saber.

Carry On!

Thumbs up

The tracking of alien space craft should be a national initiative!
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    The tracking of alien space craft should be a national initiative!
    The UN has taken responsibility for dealing with aliens. They now have an ambassador to ALFs.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The UN has taken responsibility for dealing with aliens. They now have an ambassador to ALFs.
    This is even better! However, I'm not sure if an ALF ambassador will have the necessary diplomatic skills if we encounter the borg. I'm not sure anyone would...
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

As I understand it, the SF ban requires whole wheat bread for Happy Meals, if the radio piece I heard is right. If this is correct, I'm actually fairly surprised. The left coast bunch are known to eat right, if not understand most other social issues particularly well. Whole Wheat, or for that matter all wheat, it's full of gluten, which is not good for you. You can get fiber from it, but it can cause a whole set of other problems.

Idiots.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    As I understand it, the SF ban requires whole wheat bread for Happy Meals, if the radio piece I heard is right. If this is correct, I'm actually fairly surprised. The left coast bunch are known to eat right, if not understand most other social issues particularly well. Whole Wheat, or for that matter all wheat, it's full of gluten, which is not good for you. You can get fiber from it, but it can cause a whole set of other problems.

Idiots.
    Agreed. My mother has a wheat allergy, yet she can eat overly refined white non-whole wheat breads. She doesn't eat happy meals all to often but it is an example of thoughtless and needless regulation.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Passing bills banning things or making them more expensive without caring about who it harms? Sounds familiar. My girlfriend has vitamin D deficiency, and a tanning bed would likely help. However, the tax increase on tanning beds makes the treatment an expensive proposition.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    Passing bills banning things or making them more expensive without caring about who it harms? Sounds familiar. My girlfriend has vitamin D deficiency, and a tanning bed would likely help. However, the tax increase on tanning beds makes the treatment an expensive proposition.

come on guys... Big Brother knows what's best for us!

Happy Meals weren't specifically targeted... by name. But rather no restaurant in SF can give away toys in a meal that does not meet certain requirements. All McD's has to do to to end run the new law is to stop putting toys in the box.

Just another example of government deciding what is good for us. Funny thing though, I can smoke all the cancer causing cigarettes I want... but can't buy a happy meal or smoke a joint without breaking the law. Go figure.

Oh, and the UN denied ever appointing an alien ambassador... though it could have been mind control via anal implant that forced them to make that obviously obfuscating announcement.

Easy enough to add a penny or two to the receipt. That way they aren't giving away anything.