• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cal. now SAFER! Colorado, not so much.

carracer

The bay area of California has taken the proactive aproach to make the streets safer for all of you! There should be no worries or reason to carry now that they have banned... the sale of Happy Meals in San Francisco!

Colorado, sorry to have to say I will not feel safe there since they did not pass the law concerning tracking of space Aliens! You will never know who might be carrying a light saber.

Carry On!

ChiangShih

The tracking of alien space craft should be a national initiative!

ChiangShih

The UN has taken responsibility for dealing with aliens. They now have an ambassador to ALFs.

This is even better! However, I'm not sure if an ALF ambassador will have the necessary diplomatic skills if we encounter the borg. I'm not sure anyone would...

Coded-Dude

867805.jpg

Michigander

As I understand it, the SF ban requires whole wheat bread for Happy Meals, if the radio piece I heard is right. If this is correct, I'm actually fairly surprised. The left coast bunch are known to eat right, if not understand most other social issues particularly well. Whole Wheat, or for that matter all wheat, it's full of gluten, which is not good for you. You can get fiber from it, but it can cause a whole set of other problems.

Idiots.

ChiangShih

As I understand it, the SF ban requires whole wheat bread for Happy Meals, if the radio piece I heard is right. If this is correct, I'm actually fairly surprised. The left coast bunch are known to eat right, if not understand most other social issues particularly well. Whole Wheat, or for that matter all wheat, it's full of gluten, which is not good for you. You can get fiber from it, but it can cause a whole set of other problems.

Idiots.

Agreed. My mother has a wheat allergy, yet she can eat overly refined white non-whole wheat breads. She doesn't eat happy meals all to often but it is an example of thoughtless and needless regulation.

Tawnos

Passing bills banning things or making them more expensive without caring about who it harms? Sounds familiar. My girlfriend has vitamin D deficiency, and a tanning bed would likely help. However, the tax increase on tanning beds makes the treatment an expensive proposition.

Jack House

Passing bills banning things or making them more expensive without caring about who it harms? Sounds familiar. My girlfriend has vitamin D deficiency, and a tanning bed would likely help. However, the tax increase on tanning beds makes the treatment an expensive proposition.
eusa_think.gif

daddy4count

come on guys... Big Brother knows what's best for us!

Happy Meals weren't specifically targeted... by name. But rather no restaurant in SF can give away toys in a meal that does not meet certain requirements. All McD's has to do to to end run the new law is to stop putting toys in the box.

Just another example of government deciding what is good for us. Funny thing though, I can smoke all the cancer causing cigarettes I want... but can't buy a happy meal or smoke a joint without breaking the law. Go figure.

Oh, and the UN denied ever appointing an alien ambassador... though it could have been mind control via anal implant that forced them to make that obviously obfuscating announcement.