Thread: It appears that Michigan is our newest Red State!

It appears that Michigan is our newest Red State!

Congratulations to Michigan,

I am seriously thinking about a trip to the UP to spruce-up my safety-valve residence in L'Anse. CD1 is now in the hands of a person who believes in the Bill of Rights--the entire Bill of Rights.

Like a Phoenix, Michigan will now rise from the ash heap of neo-Marxism!

I am ready to flee Kalifornia for your great state!

Carry-on!

markm

This from someone in the People's Republic of CA.

Thank you!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Michigan has always been a flip flop state. John Engler, a sleaze bag republican in his own right, got replaced by Jenny, who I tend to agree with your assessment of. Much like the presidential races, it's all about shifting paradigms. What happens next, I have little faith in. But then I don't care so much because I'm soon going to be leaving this cold, wet, flat hell of a state.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

It surprised the hell out of me! GOP took Gov, AG, SOS, state house, state senate, and state supreme court! I knew snyder was gonna win, but this is a clean sweep!

My concerns are Billy Schuette who has mouthed his contention with the will of the people. No matter my misgivings with the medical Marijuana issue the people voted and now he has ran his mouth about somehow overturning this. My concern is if the mass majority voted for it and even if I don't like it, or whatever, I am satisfied as the people spoke. But Bill Schuette is quoted as saying if he has it his way it's no way, this is a dangerous mindset and a mindset that says he thinks he knows whats better for us than we do. This is find insane.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBofRAdvocate View Post
    Congratulations to Michigan,

I am seriously thinking about a trip to the UP to spruce-up my safety-valve residence in L'Anse. CD1 is now in the hands of a person who believes in the Bill of Rights--the entire Bill of Rights.

Like a Phoenix, Michigan will now rise from the ash heap of neo-Marxism!

I am ready to flee Kalifornia for your great state!

Carry-on!

markm
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Banned
    There are only two ways that it can go.
    1, people will smoke weed legally
    2, people will smoke weed illegally

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    3. people will not smoke it at all!

Banned
    History shows that will never happen.

Banned
    Marijuana is the single best example of the will of the people being ignored by .gov
    There is a documentary on pot tonight, its on either history, or discovery, I forget.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 11-03-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Reading what I said I have misgivings about pot and I am well known to not be tolerant of pot head behavior, or mannerisms. But I don't drink and I get into fights with my Doctor because I won't take medication for the nerve damage body wide and for pain, I am the extreme on the other side. I would never tell someone how to live their lives and I am libertarian and as many know a Christian, so I live a rather limited life by my own choosing.

My main point was not Medical Marijuana it is in fact a mindset that Bill Schuette has that he will impose his morals on everyone else and damned everyone who disagrees with him. If the people in a huge majority say something is okay with them, then who the hell is he to say NO you can't because it doesn't fit his religious and moral views? The mindset is dangerous and that of a dictator.

I wouldn't get too happy about him just yet, we may be fighting him on open carry real soon as his mindset is that of what pleases Bill Schuette and that's it.

He has used the excuse he thinks medical Marijuana is going to lead to full legalization, and I am against full legalization and always have been. We don't need government promoting any behaviors, like our alcoholism. Legalization is endorsement. But to take away from the suffering because his religious views say it isn't right is again Dangerous. This mindset leads the insanity like Sharia law.

Watch and see if Bill Schuette won't try and limit our carry rights.... I am betting he will try.

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    3. people will not smoke it at all!
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Good point, hell we have people licking Frog/toad butts to get a buzz, how disgusting is that? People will do what they will do to get stoned. Is it dumb? In my opinion yes, but it isn't my body so short of them harming others it's their choice.

History shows that will never happen.

Banned
    I agree in all points except that part about re-legalizing being an endorsement. The people have spoken, loudly and repeatedly. Both in the polls and in life. Every possession ticket written, is a vote of sorts. The only difference legalizing weed makes is that the people would have the freedom to do what has always been done, and always will be done without the inconvenience of drug testing, fines, and a "criminal" record. Smoking pot is no more "criminal" than a non CPL holder accidentally walking into a gas station that happens to have a license to sell alcohol.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Perhaps this is better.

Some people will smoke weed legally
    Some people will smoke weed illegally
    Some people won't smoke weed.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Banned
    Its not the don't that's the problem, its the wont.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Perhaps this is better.

Some people will smoke weed legally
    Some people will smoke weed illegally
    Some people won't smoke weed.
    Some people won't inhale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post

Watch and see if Bill Schuette won't try and limit our carry rights.... I am betting he will try.
    What gives you that impression specifically?

Marijuana is the single best example of the will of the people being ignored by .gov
    I agree with this 100%. The government really needs to get out of the prohibition business completely. Not just Marijuana either...I'm talking about all drugs. The number of addicts might go up...but probably only slightly and the good society realizes from cutting our police and prison budgets in half will more than make up for the ill that comes with extra junkies.

The savings could easily fun universal health care or go to pay off the national debt.
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Yea, I'll trust this batch of R's as much as I trust any batch of R's, which is to say about as much as I trust any given batch of D's.

To clarify; I don't trust them.

Banned
    I think that those who would use, already do. I really don't see how people are going to say, gee, cocaine is legal, I think I'll go out and try some. A few perhaps, but not enough to even make any statistical numbers out of.

I think that those who would use, already do. I really don't see how people are going to say, gee, cocaine is legal, I think I'll go out and try some. A few perhaps, but not enough to even make any statistical numbers out of.
    Not true, if it was legal federally, and it would in NO WAY AT ALL (as in I would have 100% zero doubt) effect any of my firearm rights, CPL, carrying, anything. I would, just for the fact of the extreme pain I am in every day. I've been offered "my green card", by more than one doctor, but I refuse to take the risk of loosing a right, even if I gain another. The right to potentially save my life, or another is more important, than not being in excruciating pain.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Banned
    If I could I would too. But it doesn't have much to do with the laws.

Well, I know this will pi$$ off alot of you guys but!!! You all keep saying we need to make the laws weaker and easier because the "PEOPLE" have spoken. That is a 50% +1 mentality that the Progressive Leftists use. In the same mindset if 50% +1 voters voting on a bill to set the age of consent in Michigan voted for the age of 10, does that seem ok to you all. Imagine all the pedophiles came out that one time to vote and we end up with a screwed up law that then we'd have to fight to get rescinded.
    I keep hearing people say we need to make the immigration laws easier so it's not so hard to get in here. AGAIN, just imagine if they said we're making it easier for for men who needed some "******" by making it less of a crime to take it.....think of it.

OK...go ahead and tear me apart.
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Smile

Hmm......I have a feeling the Off Topic police will be on this post soon.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowDog View Post
    Well, I know this will pi$$ off alot of you guys but!!! You all keep saying we need to make the laws weaker and easier because the "PEOPLE" have spoken. That is a 50% +1 mentality that the Progressive Leftists use. In the same mindset if 50% +1 voters voting on a bill to set the age of consent in Michigan voted for the age of 10, does that seem ok to you all. Imagine all the pedophiles came out that one time to vote and we end up with a screwed up law that then we'd have to fight to get rescinded.
    I keep hearing people say we need to make the immigration laws easier so it's not so hard to get in here. AGAIN, just imagine if they said we're making it easier for for men who needed some "******" by making it less of a crime to take it.....think of it.

OK...go ahead and tear me apart.
    Of the people by the people and for the people.

Or you could let the nanny state tell you what is bad for you.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Some people won't inhale.
    And some will just claim that they didn't!