Thread: Homeowner shoots Robber to death in Home Invasion Robbery in Midland

Homeowner shoots Robber to death in Home Invasion Robbery in Midland

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime...ry-in-midland/

One man is dead and another on the run after a homeowner fired shots during a reported home-invasion robbery this morning in the Midland area.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said one of the suspected robbers was killed at the scene in the 6100 block of 72nd Street Court East.

The incident was reported shortly after 6:30 a.m. Two suspects forced their way into the home and pistol-whipped the homeowner, Troyer said.

The homeowner managed to get a gun and fired some rounds.

Troyer said one of the suspects was hit and killed. Another fled the scene. Deputies searched for the second suspect but so far, have not located him.

Troyer said it was not immediately known whether a failure-to-yield call on state Route 167 was related.

It wasn't immediately known whether the Midland home had been targeted by the suspects or the robbery was random.

The identity of the dead man also wasn't known.

We'll update this blog post when more information becomes available.

Good for the home owner!

D@mn, Darwin missed one?

Quote Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
    http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime...ry-in-midland/

<snip>...The homeowner managed to get a gun and fired some rounds.

<snip>...It wasn't immediately known whether the Midland home had been targeted by the suspects or the robbery was random.

Good for the home owner!
    First, this is a good reason to wear your sidearm while in your home and on your property.

Second, it appears the story has been updated...(and nearly 85% of 'crime' is not random, but carries some connecting/aquaintanence factor).

Investigators believe the home-invasion robbery was not random, Troyer said.
    "Usually houses are targeted," he said.
    Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime...#ixzz14FwaxuFs
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    First, this is a good reason to wear your sidearm while in your home and on your property.

Second, it appears the story has been updated...(and nearly 85% of 'crime' is not random, but carries some connecting/aquaintanence factor).
    All the more reason to not be so "proud" of your gun collection with your friends and neighbors.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    All the more reason to not be so "proud" of your gun collection with your friends and neighbors.
    Or display them on an open forum

anyone care to try and explain to me what is wrong with this comment?

"We don't know who he is," Troyer said. "He has a mask on."
    Last edited by devildoc5; 11-03-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post

Well, I would say that his grasp of the obvious was amazing, but that would be, like, redundantly saying the same thing twice over...again.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post

snip ...
    MAJOR +1

When I get home, on goes the shoulder rig and I carry until I go to sleep. This neighbor"hood" I am in these days isn't far from Midland either. This one is a tad close to home. To quote ...

"all power is inherent in the people ... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 11-03-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post

He can wear one of these on his uniform after this comment

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"